Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Iluminage Skin Smoothing Laser - Same as Reaura or Tria?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Iluminage Skin Smoothing Laser seems to get good reviews by the few people who posted reviews and is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by Home Beauty Device Reviews.

I am not clear on the different technology.

Are the results the same as derma rolling?

Is Reaura better or the same as the Tria in terms of technology and results? What about compared to the Iluminage Skin Smoothing Laser, specifications listed below:

BATTERY AND POWER

Battery type: built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Usage: 3 consecutive daily treatments before recharging is required
Input: 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz Maximum Input Current: 400 mA
Laser Safety Standard – IEC 60825,
Class 1M Output Wavelength – 1440 nm
Medical Device Safety & Performance Standards: IEC 60601-1, 60601-2-22

What is the Skin Smoothing Laser ?

The Skin Smoothing Laser is the first interactive at-home laser FDA-cleared for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and mouth.

What is the Skin Smoothing Laser technology?

The Skin Smoothing Laser utilizes similar technology used by professional-grade lasers, delivering multiple micro-pulses of controlled, safe laser light per treatment area. This technology is known to trigger the body’s natural response to generate new collagen fibers. Skin’s support structure is reinforced from within, thus dramatically reducing wrinkles.

What areas can I treat?

The Skin Smoothing Laser is specifically designed to treat the areas around the mouth and eyes where fine wrinkles and lines tend to develop.

Can I treat my eyelids?

The Skin Smoothing Laser should never be used on open or closed eyelids.

Will I see better results the longer I use the Skin Smoothing Laser?

The Skin Smoothing Laser is designed for regular use as part of a comprehensive skin care regimen. Optimal results have been clinically reported after 12 weeks of consistent weekday use.

HOW TO USE

Step 1 – Wash and dry your face. Clean skin is critical for optimal results.

Step 2 – Plan your treatment. While exact placements of the laser pulses will depend on your particular needs, the Skin Smoothing Laser is intended for use around the eyes and mouth areas.

Step 3 – Treat your skin. Place the tip of the wand in contact with your skin. Watch and listen for the confirmation lights and tones. When they end, move the tip Ľ of an inch to the next location and reposition. Total number of pulses per zone should be about 40.

Step 4 – Care for your skin post-treatment. Feeling a bit of warmth on your skin is completely normal. A moisturizing cream, such as iluminage Youth Cell Day Cream SPF 15, will help to minimize any discomfort and keep your skin adequately hydrated.

WHEN TO USE

One daily treatment, five days per week. Each treatment takes about 3-4 minutes to complete.

Recommended for use in the evening.

After achieving your desired results, you may reduce or maintain your treatment routine for continued benefits.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Sounds very promising. Hope someone has tried this out to let us know. Where do you get it and what is the price point?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I ordered it from Nordstrom yesterday for $595.

Hoping to use it in place of the Derminator for the eye area as I don't like the idea of pulling down the skin so often for the needles.

Tria, Reaura and Iluminage are all Class 1M and the output for Reaura and Iluminage is 1440 nm and Tria is 1445 nm. Tria and Iluminage you use for 8 weeks five days per week. Reaura is only two days a week. Both Tria and Reaura advise to take a month break to allow collagen to develop. Iluminage only suggests to reduce or maintain your treatment routine for continued benefits.

I never found any definitive review on which device is more effective. Am hoping the cost of the technology has gone down so much that the Iluminage is just as good as the Reaura (and does not require gel and reviewers said was less painful).

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info and please let us know how it is working for you. I will have to check it out. I have some fine lines I would like to address.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:31 am      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
Iluminage Skin Smoothing Laser seems to get good reviews by the few people who posted reviews and is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by Home Beauty Device Reviews.

I am not clear on the different technology.

Are the results the same as derma rolling?

Is Reaura better or the same as the Tria in terms of technology and results? What about compared to the Iluminage Skin Smoothing Laser, specifications listed below:

This blog does some comparisons to the Tria:

http://dermatologicaltheblog.blogspot.ca/2014/06/iluminages-at-home-skin-smoothing-laser.html

In case anyone is looking, here's the link to Part 1 of PQ's / Home Beauty Devices review:

https://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/2015/02/07/iluminage-skin-smoothing-laser-review-part-1/

Wow, it's $744 CAD at Sephora!
havana8

Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Unless I missed them, I didn't see any before & afters on the iluminage Beauty website but here are a few from mentions online:

from Ageist Beauty blog

Slide 8 from Lovely Skin / Joel Schlessinger MD's slide share
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Interesting I didn't know of this product until reading this. I'm curious to know how effective it will be, so anyone that purchases it, please keep us updated! Smile

However I already have so many devices. I have 2 Anti-Aging Lightstims, 2 New-U LED devices, 1 Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser and 1 Philips ReAura, so I dont need any new devices, and I find $600+ to be a bit pricey for a device that's used for around the eyes and mouth.

Tria is coming out with a device soon, that targets periorbital wrinkles and I believe the price will only be about $200. If it's that price, I will definitely buy it, as $200 is more reasonable.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
how do your New-U led's compare to your lightstim leds

(off topic but i hope it will be tolerated)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:50 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
However I already have so many devices. I have 2 Anti-Aging Lightstims, 2 New-U LED devices, 1 Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser and 1 Philips ReAura, so I dont need any new devices, and I find $600+ to be a bit pricey for a device that's used for around the eyes and mouth.

Why do you use both the Tria and ReAura - do you see different results?

EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:06 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
how do your New-U led's compare to your lightstim leds

(off topic but i hope it will be tolerated)

I believe the New U can be just as effective however I think results from Lightstim seem to come quicker. Strangely, the New U is a lot BRIGHTER than the Lightstim. But the New U is a great device and can be found for pretty cheap on ebay (thats where I got mine). Lightstims can also be found cheap on ebay.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:09 am      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
EC413 wrote:

Why do you use both the Tria and ReAura - do you see different results?

I dont use both at the same time. I just have a arsenal of devices because I love devices. After getting the Tria and ReAura , I've only purchased second hand devices (my lightstim and newu). Again, I've never used ReAura and Tria at the same time, only during separate 8 week periods (with a lot of time in between). I find the ReAura to be more effective, however the Tria was quicker to use and overall more pleasant to use, which in my opinion may be the better option because the easier something is to use the more likely someone will use it often and as directed, thus getting results.
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had any results from the Iluminage? I'm ordering one today.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2015 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Illuminage three times so far so no results yet. But I do love how fast the treatment is and hope it works. I am currently using the Fyola, Pico Toner, Derminator and Quasar MD a few times a week and they take soooooooo much time. Definitely see the red marks from the laser the next morning so at least I know something is being done. Not sure what to eliminate so that the Illuminage treatment isn't being replicated by the other devices so will cut the Derminator down to once a month for the next two months.

Anyone have any results to report?

denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Used for a month so far, about 2-5 times a week. Skin seems smoother and more taut but I can still see crows fees and fine lines. Skin is drier from the treatment so maybe this is why the lines appear more prominent. Going to continue for another 4 weeks and see if I get better results.

piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:33 am      Reply with quote
I posted this on the Tria Precision eye laser thread, and I thought I would post here, also. I just wanted to advise anyone purchasing an iluminage laser soon to definitely keep your receipt. I have purchased 3 different ones from Nordstrom and they have all been dysfunctional. While setting on the charger they beep loudly and show an error message (which iluminage customer service did not recognize), then play three tones, and then the cycle begins again. And this has been straight out of the box for 2 of them, after the initial charge up. One also seemed to be missing the magnet in the handpiece that kept it completely upright on the charger. I received one more (a 4th) from iluminage as a replacement, and that one also malfunctions by not firing repeatedly even when there is full skin contact. It either times out after 30 seconds of not firing (though it is clearly in full contact with the skin), or I have to turn it off and then on again for it to work. For $652 (with tax), I was hoping for a better product. When it works, it does work well. That is why I have ordered another one (yes, I am a full-fledged device junkie) from a salesman at a Nordstrom in Scottsdale, and he checked the lot number to make sure it was different from the dysfunctional ones. I'll get it this week and hopefully this one will work Rolling Eyes . Also, buy from Nordstrom if you can because their return policy is awesome, and their customer service has been great throughout my recent and puzzling ordeal.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update. My last Tria ADL just quit on me (8 months for this unit) and was eyeing the Illuminage as a replacement. I think that I'm going to exchange my Tria for another Tria. I wish that these machines were more reliable. My Palovia is very old and it still works perfectly (wish that it did not have the timed lock).
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Nikossmile wrote:
Thanks for the update. My last Tria ADL just quit on me (8 months for this unit) and was eyeing the Illuminage as a replacement. I think that I'm going to exchange my Tria for another Tria. I wish that these machines were more reliable. My Palovia is very old and it still works perfectly (wish that it did not have the timed lock).

Are you sure it's not the faulty charger? I remember back when I got my Tria, the charger became faulty and wouldnt charge so Tria send out new chargers for all the units that they sold, and it has worked perfectly since. Sorry that its malfunctioning, but maybe look into the charger being an issue?

I sold my Palovia last year (loved it but felt the dryness was too much!), but I am actually thinking of selling my Tria ADL on eBay and using that money to purchase the Tria eye laser. Since I already have the ReAura I feel there is no need to have both ReAura and Tria ADL, so maybe selling the Tria is best, as I shouldnt be spending all this money on more gadgets lol, but this new eye laser from Tria is enticing. I could probably sell the Tria ADL for 275-300 and then just buy this new eye laser for about 275 with tax.
Adriadne

Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Illuminage on the low setting for a week. I've used it on my whole face, not just in the target areas. I follow each session with a sheet mask to reduce the pain and redness. I average about 150 to 200 pulses per treatment. If a little is good, more must be better, right?

Pros

- The very fine lines around my eyes are gone.
    - My laugh lines (also fine) are gone.
    - The lines on my forehead are less noticeable.
    - It's easy.

Cons

- It hurts, even on the lowest setting.
    - My husband says I look like I've been tortured right after a session.
    - It won't connect to my computer, so I can't track my progress with the software.
    - It's only going to last about two years.
    - You have to charge it before using it the first time.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. It's taking care of my wrinkles. And, if there is ever a rubber band war in my office, I'm soooo ready.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Darn, 2 years on the battery life? That is sort of disappointing. The Tria and ReAura were both rated at least like 7-10 years of use! For $600, it seems crazy to sell a device that's only able to withstand 2 years of charging, I know the Tria which can be found for about 300 on eBay now, is rated at at least 7 years, and the old Palovia devices are still kicking after 7 years. Strange to give it a two year life, no?

I wasn't looking into ordering the Illuminage anyways, since I have the Tria ADL and ReAura however, of course this saves money over time anyways, any at home device will, but two years just seems disappointing.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm coming up to the end of the 12 week treatment period. Does anyone know if there is a maintenance protocol (how often per week)?

piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Iluminage says this regarding maintenance:

After achieving your desired results, you may reduce or maintain your treatment routine for continued benefits.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
piscesgirlrenee wrote:
Iluminage says this regarding maintenance:

Thanks piscesgirlrenee!

Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
EC413, thanks for the heads up on the charging problem for the Tria ADL. My Tria quit in the most unusual way-it would not turn off and ran (just the fan not the laser) until it ran out of battery power. At first I thought it was too hot, but it would not turn off by hitting the power button. Weird.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Nikossmile wrote:
EC413, thanks for the heads up on the charging problem for the Tria ADL. My Tria quit in the most unusual way-it would not turn off and ran (just the fan not the laser) until it ran out of battery power. At first I thought it was too hot, but it would not turn off by hitting the power button. Weird.

Yes, do check into the charger, call Tria 1-877-321-8742, explain your issue and mention the charger, maybe they will send you another charger and maybe that will solve the issue! Although your issue seems different, but it never hurts to try the charger! Hope you can figure it out, I want to do another 8 weeks with my Tria ADL, it's been a while since I've used it and I noticed pretty good results with it!
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Is anyone using the Illuminage? I used it for 12 weeks, took a 1 month break and then restarted at high level for two weeks. After stopping again, I noticed that a month later, I have slight brown/red marks under my eyes and down my nasolabial area. Is this hyperpigmentation from the laser?

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |