Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
best under eye exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to ask the EDS members who have used multiple facial exercise programmes regarding the best one for the under eye area...

My problem is not wrinkled/ excessive skin but the hollow grooves on the inner corners...

I got juvederm couple of years ago in the under eye area, it lasted a good year, may be year n a half , however I never liked the way it looked, it did fill in the groove though... it was then I realized that my under eye circle is not mainly cause of darker skin there but the grooves n how light reflects from em!

Thank you
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Daler

This is a very difficult question to answer, because no two people respond identically at the same rate, speed etc to any exercise out there. So whereas I might recommend an exercise to you which worked for me, and someone else could recommend one that worked for them - there is no guarantee that either can or will work identically for you.

Now when you say the issue is not wrinkled or excessive skin but hollow groves, this can often be passed down from generation to generation, so I'm curious as to if your parents and grandparents have them (will help give us an idea of the extent of their cause). Also how old are you?
daler wrote:
I would like to ask the EDS members who have used multiple facial exercise programmes regarding the best one for the under eye area...

My problem is not wrinkled/ excessive skin but the hollow grooves on the inner corners...

I got juvederm couple of years ago in the under eye area, it lasted a good year, may be year n a half , however I never liked the way it looked, it did fill in the groove though... it was then I realized that my under eye circle is not mainly cause of darker skin there but the grooves n how light reflects from em!

Thank you

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi SeanySeanUK

yes, I hear you....

I think I am the only one in the family with under eye groves.. always had em but they are getting more pronounced since I hit 30s, 33 now...

Thank you!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:54 am      Reply with quote
by the way, I have been doing the exercise in which one tries to close the eyes by bringing the lower lid upwards ( I don't use fingers for this), it seems to be working for the overall look of the under eye area but I was wondering if somehow I could focus on the inner corner of the under eye areas.....
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Daler, I agree with SeanySeanUK. There's no answer to a question of "what is the best exercise for anything" because not everyone has tried every exercises there is and exercises that gave good results to one may not have done much for another. So who decides which one is better? I don't think anyone can.

What I can tell you though is I have found that spot training doesn't work. If you focused so much on one area and you toned the muscles of that area to perfection, you might still not see the results you were hoping to see because the face muscles are not isolated. Anything that happens to one affects those attached to it. So your best bet is to get all your face muscles to a point of tone and integrity close to what you had before, and everything will look more or less as it did.

When I started CFF, my eyes were one of the areas that looked worse than they had ever looked all my life. I did try to adopt the idea that the places that need the most work could do with the most attention but that didn't seem to make my eyes better. It was when I just committed to doing the whole program, not worrying that some places seemed already fine but just working on my face entirely as directed, that my eyes finally started to improve.

So I say think holistically. Think of improving your entire face and I believe in time, your eyes will fall in line.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nonie, yes I am doing facial exercises all over and getting good results but no so much in the under eye groves, hence the question... may be with time things would improve.. before there was a clear demarcation between my cheek and the under eye area but now it's been filling up and way less prominent...
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Daler

Oh you're doing them already, ok it may just be that you need to allow some time for the muscles to develop. Sadly no one has their muscles respond at identically the same speed because we've all got stronger/weaker muscles and its the process of discovering which is which on our faces that is so invaluable, but also in knowing this info you then are usually in a better place to work out how to exercise the weaker areas without going beyond the point of exhaustion too.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Regards

Sean
daler wrote:
Hi Nonie, yes I am doing facial exercises all over and getting good results but no so much in the under eye groves, hence the question... may be with time things would improve.. before there was a clear demarcation between my cheek and the under eye area but now it's been filling up and way less prominent...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Ok, now almost a year later and I notice daler is around at the mornt, so I'm asking a follow up question: how are your under eye areas now? I have sunken under eyes and need inspiration to get back on the excercise wagon, I find I get on, fall off, get on, fall off.. Wink
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:41 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Ok, now almost a year later and I notice daler is around at the mornt, so I'm asking a follow up question: how are your under eye areas now? I have sunken under eyes and need inspiration to get back on the excercise wagon, I find I get on, fall off, get on, fall off.. Wink

Hi Catski

1) I place one finger on the outer corner of the eye and another on top part of the nose ( to avoid the horizontal lines while doing the exercise). Shut your eyes with considerable force.. I do 2 to 3 sets with 25 reps each, one eye at a time...

2) Place several fingers below your under eye area on the upper cheek, pls do not place em on the under eye area as its v delicate.. alos pls dont pull em downwards, just place em there to provide resistance... now try to shut your eyes by contracting your lower lid, you would feel your fingers moving upwards.

Above 2 exercises have given me better results than the juvedrem I got few years ago.. I still have an issue with the inner and upper most corner of the under eye area, I guess the muscle fibers there are either non existent or very thin and I still have a groove in that area only....
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
catski wrote:

Hi Catski

1) I place one finger on the outer corner of the eye and another on top part of the nose ( to avoid the horizontal lines while doing the exercise). Shut your eyes with considerable force.. I do 2 to 3 sets with 25 reps each, one eye at a time...

2) Place several fingers below your under eye area on the upper cheek, pls do not place em on the under eye area as its v delicate.. alos pls dont pull em downwards, just place em there to provide resistance... now try to shut your eyes by contracting your lower lid, you would feel your fingers moving upwards.

Above 2 exercises have given me better results than the juvedrem I got few years ago.. I still have an issue with the inner and upper most corner of the under eye area, I guess the muscle fibers there are either non existent or very thin and I still have a groove in that area only....

Hi daler,

Are you still going with the same eye exercise routine? I am experiencing similar issues to the ones you originally posted in this thread and was wondering what worked for you. I've been doing Ageless since January, I started with the bootcamp. Now I do the 4 days/week program.
My cheeks have filled up a bit, but the area around my eyes is still hollow and I feel the under eye lines are worse Sad

Thanks!
fitgineer

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:

Hi daler,

Are you still going with the same eye exercise routine? I am experiencing similar issues to the ones you originally posted in this thread and was wondering what worked for you. I've been doing Ageless since January, I started with the bootcamp. Now I do the 4 days/week program.
My cheeks have filled up a bit, but the area around my eyes is still hollow and I feel the under eye lines are worse Sad

Thanks!
fitgineer

Hi fitgineer, very imp. pls be gentle with your under eye area skin, it's v delicate, always mositurize before exercises.. and yes I have been doing the same exercises and have experienced good results, still I would like to improve.. my right side is almost perfect but left side needs more work.. on left side i have a small depression right at the junction of under eye area and upper cheek... I used to have the same on the right side too but its completely gone! but still on the left side.. for this I have added another exercise inspired by LouLou and Dr. Li.. place your finger on the upper part of cheek close to your nose and smile, u ll feel pressure which acts like resistance for the muscle.. this has helped me a lot with this area... hope this helps..
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you daler!
I never moisturize before exercises, and my skin is always red after... I thought my fingers would slip trying to do Lou Lou's eye exercises. I will try to use some argan oil before though. thank you for the advice!

daler wrote:
fitgineer wrote:

Hi daler,

Thanks!
fitgineer

Hi fitgineer, very imp. pls be gentle with your under eye area skin, it's v delicate, always mositurize before exercises.. and yes I have been doing the same exercises and have experienced good results, still I would like to improve.. my right side is almost perfect but left side needs more work.. on left side i have a small depression right at the junction of under eye area and upper cheek... I used to have the same on the right side too but its completely gone! but still on the left side.. for this I have added another exercise inspired by LouLou and Dr. Li.. place your finger on the upper part of cheek close to your nose and smile, u ll feel pressure which acts like resistance for the muscle.. this has helped me a lot with this area... hope this helps..

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
Thank you daler!
I never moisturize before exercises, and my skin is always red after... I thought my fingers would slip trying to do Lou Lou's eye exercises. I will try to use some argan oil before though. thank you for the advice!

daler wrote:
fitgineer wrote:

Hi daler,

Thanks!
fitgineer

u r v welcome...slipping fingers is not a big issue if moisturized properly.. ! Argan oil ll be great, use it like 15 minutes before u exercise so its fully absorbed!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I used to do a few program's which actually advised you to moisturise prior to doing exercises because it does make a big difference. Catski's 15 min is great - you should find it will absorb a great deal by then but will prevent your skin drying out. I've often wondered if the skin around the eyes being dry is one of the reasons this first shows signs of aging?
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I used to do a few program's which actually advised you to moisturise prior to doing exercises because it does make a big difference. Catski's 15 min is great - you should find it will absorb a great deal by then but will prevent your skin drying out. I've often wondered if the skin around the eyes being dry is one of the reasons this first shows signs of aging?

Do you mean Catski's or Daler's 15 min tip about moisturizing?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
fitgineer wrote:

Hi daler,

Thanks!
fitgineer

Hi Daler, I've tried doing this third exercise, but I'm not sure I understood how to. Do you place the finger horizontal on the cheek? At the crossing between the cheek and the eye muscle?
Thanks again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

fitgineer wrote:

Hi Daler, I've tried doing this third exercise, but I'm not sure I understood how to. Do you place the finger horizontal on the cheek? At the crossing between the cheek and the eye muscle?
Thanks again!

Hi fitgineer, everyone face is lil different so you ll have to locate the best spot for yourself.. but I would say the top most part of the cheek, closer to the nose.. u ll press the finger down n smile, you should feel resistance..for me it's a lil below the junction on the cheek..
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I meant u ll press the finger down as in down into the cheek muscle
essentialdayspabro
5% products discount

Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Did you get this exercise from http://www.shapeyourface.com/exercise_one.htm
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Sorry Daler's tip - got confused.
fitgineer wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:

Do you mean Catski's or Daler's 15 min tip about moisturizing?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Think Daler said previously that she got it inspired by another exercise inspired by LouLou and Dr. Li. I seem to recall Dr Li has several youtube videos that might be useful to work out what is being described here.

essentialdayspabro wrote:
Did you get this exercise from http://www.shapeyourface.com/exercise_one.htm
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |