Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Refa Carat
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
howInteresting wrote:
Kroin1234 wrote:
Just showing the thing to the boys at Radio Shack aged me.

This had me ROFL. rofl rofl You are a braver woman than me! I was too bashful even to take it in my carry-on for fear that I would have to explain the odd looking thing to security personnel.

Anyway, it sounds like you'll be okay with it, after all is said and done.

I have been laughing so hard my sides ache.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
thanks ccorbetto and erg

i am understanding that for both of you, the carat FEELS good, although in different ways.

but whether it's relaxing, or stimulating (tingly) it's sounding good to me.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
howintersting,

i like that it is reducing tension in your face. i do cosmetic Gua Sha almost everyday and part of the philosophy behind that technique is that the 'knots' or hard bumps under our skin stop the circulation of 'Chi' or energy which results in sagging, wrinkles,etc. I use the Gua Sha board to work on those below the surface 'knots', and it sounds like the carat will enhance that effort.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
HowInteresting

i read on another thread that kroin did say that she got better results with the fake re fa pro (she said maybe because the rollers were closer together) but i think on this thread she was thinking that she might have gotten the real re fa carat (but that seems in dispute now as apparently the real carats don't have a visible serial number..totally confusing to me)

erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
howintersting,

i like that it is reducing tension in your face. i do cosmetic Gua Sha almost everyday and part of the philosophy behind that technique is that the 'knots' or hard bumps under our skin stop the circulation of 'Chi' or energy which results in sagging, wrinkles,etc. I use the Gua Sha board to work on those below the surface 'knots', and it sounds like the carat will enhance that effort.

Boy... it really, really works out the knots. Thanks for sharing about the Chi energy.

Did you get one?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
it's sounding better to me all the time, Erg, but I want to wait for a post from Sigma, who said she is going to order from Dermstore to see if their authentic carat is any different from the one she purchased on Amazon.

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:27 am      Reply with quote
i went ahead and ordered the re fa carat from Dermstore since I got a 20% coupon recently.

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Sigma, did you order the re fa carat from Dermstore? If so have you had a chance to compare it to the one you bought from Amazon.

i think i'm going to like this device as i do really well with simple low tech devices like the vaculifter and the Gua Sha board and various massages, acupressure, facial exercises etc.

they seem not to be dramatic when i do them consistantly... but if i go even a week without doing them at all my face really then does show a dramatic difference for the worse.….much less toned.

sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
JR,

I indeed got it; but caught some nasty virus and am not using it till I get better. Hopefully in a week or so.

Will post an update once I use it for a week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Sorry about your virus Sigma. Hope you are better soon.

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I am loving everything about this device much more than I even anticipated: the way it looks when it moves, the well-made way it feels as I hold it in my hand, the way it feels moving on my skin, the way my skin responds to it. (I am using it on my whole body as well as my face)

So happy to have found out about it here.

havana8

Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Any updates on the refa? I'm contemplating getting one. TIA!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Havana,
i am still loving mine and very happy with the purchase.

I am using it on my body everyday. i use it on my body (including feet and hands, head, back of neck, etc)at night before i go to sleep and feel great relaxation from the massage. I also use it in the morning as an invigorating massage. (don't understand why it has dif effect at pm and am... but for me it does.)

I am not using it very frequently on my face because my skin has been very sensitive the last few months so I am being very selective about what modalities i use on my skin each day. I used to be able to do 'everything' every day (massage, facial exercises, Gua Sha, acupressure, vaculift, etc.)but now i have to choose which to use and some days my skin just needs a total break.

When I do use it, only about once a week at this time, I make my skin taut and go up and back over each section with some pressure. This has a very 'smoothing' effect on my skin..and gives that undefinable 'healthy' look to my skin as well

I feel if I were able to use it every day I would see even more benefit, but will have to wait until my skin is less sensitive again.

winewine
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2015 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Happy to see some good reviews on the Refa. I bought mine over a year ago and honestly haven't been using it consistently. Maybe i should keep it next to my sofa and use it while i am watching TV.

I do find my skin a be tighter after every use. i should use it more often.

Very Happy Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |