Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nasolabial folds & dehydrated skin.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
taeyo

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

I am 22 years old and since the past month I developed a nasolabial crease on the right side of my face with a bit of discoloration if my eyes aren't playing tricks on me. I believe it was caused by drying out my skin and accidentally falling asleep with a mud mask on (late night studying). Also the right side of my face tends to have less tone & is a bit more droopy than the left side of my face. I wonder if this could be a contributing factor? I am not sure what to really do to reverse the damage.

I don't want to get any fillers or surgery or anything of the sort. I have been following some of Facerobics videos on youtube for a couple of days. Is there anything additional I could do ? Any suggestions ? Thank you for your help and I'm sorry if this was previously asked.

I don't know if this helps, but I do have a dermaroller (1.5mm) that I bought for acne scarring.
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,
a mud mask isn't going to cause any long term problems-if you have a good skin routine and an ok diet your dehydration should clear up soon. If not, maybe something else needs tweaking.
I have much more sun damage on my left side from driving without sun screen-its especially noticeable on my arm.
I do not needle, but I love C serums. I just started using Skin Actives LAA 20% (its a kit with added C) and its very good at treating and prevention. Other good C serums out there also. So-good luck with your studies-don't forget sun screen and think about C.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2015 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!
Everybody is different and maybe always sleeping on one side of your face could be part of the problem.

There are great creams out there that won't cure the problem, but will help improve it during use.

I love the suggestion to start using vitamin C. Vivier is fantastic. I started using one from ZO Medical C-Bright, so time will tell. Always start slowly, once a week, and gradually build up the use to once a day.

ZO Skin Health has this amazing Ossential Growth Factor serum that I found to help make my skin stronger. I think this is really for "older" skin, so I'm not sure if you should try it and it is very strong.

Try vitamin C for now and purchase a good quality one....don't make your own.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2015 5:03 am      Reply with quote
You're very young and most of what you should be doing right now (in the way of anti aging) should be preventative.
You said you've been falling asleep studying..Maybe what you're seeing is a combination of dehydration, stress and fatigue. Maybe things like this should be addressed first.
But don't over react in trying to fix yourself and cause greater problems.

Perhaps you should back off from the face exercises for a while. They may be far more advanced than what you currently need
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2015 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Okay well firstly the nigh mud mask won’t have dried your skin out completely and its likely that if you were to moisturise you should be able to correct any dryness that had occurred. Similarly with the right side of your face, if you sleep on your side pressing your face into pillow that can cause a different effect than the side not being pressed into pillow.

With Facerobics – stop right now. At 22 years I think you are way too young for facial exercise. I am probably going against the program authors out there but to me why mess with something that isn’t broken. I’ve seen youngsters go into facial exercises and do either parts of programs (which sounds like what you are doing if you are using youtube) and as a result really mess up their faces. The face is too easy to overdo things on, especially if you are young too. Your focus right now should be on prevent rather than cure. So even in this situation, you should be focusing on helping your skin to be as healthy as it can be using things like Vit C serum and SUN PROTECTION is a must.

Dermarolling I think you are also too young for – but you say you bought it for acne scarring – well again Vit C should help that. Whatever you use is going to take time to heal and repair so play it safe and stick with whats known rather than unknown.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |