Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Tria Skin Rejuvenating Laser, new item on TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
marber47 wrote:
If anyone in the UK is interested in buying my Tria then please pm me. I used it for two rounds and then noticed pigmentation above my top lip so I am not prepared to continue to see if it goes or gets worse. It is packed away in the original boxes and in excellent condition. I paid £460 and would like £190 for it . Please pm any questions.

Hi, I am in UK and am interested in buying your Tria laser if it is still available. Please pm me if you are still wanting to sell! Smile Thanks
mouseartist

Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone have opinions on this? The website talks about crows feet but I want to try it for the lines around my chin
Pinot
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, mouseartist! The Tria used to be a hot topic around here ... not so much anymore. Sad

I don't have one, but I *think* I still want one. There are still so many negative reviews floating around about bad chargers etc that it really makes me leery of paying so much money for it. Keep hoping to find one on ebay for a lower price.

But to answer your question, the Tria is designed to work all 4 sections of your face: cheek 1, cheek 2, chin/mouth, and forehead. Do a search on youtube ... several video demonstrations available And, of course, there are 40-something pages of "opinions" in this thread alone. Laughing
mouseartist

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I know. It is a lot to spend for something that may or may not work. I keep thinking that it's cheaper than fillers which don't last long but at least they are effective....
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:28 am      Reply with quote
For crowsfeet, botox and fillers are a better bet than laser. That being said, laser will gradually refine your skin, take care of photo damage and give you a radiant glow. I don't have a tria, but a reaura (much more expensive, but probably about the same otherwise) and it is an indispensable tool for maintaining a good complexion. I also use it on many more areas than the face - neck, arms, chest and hands. For long term skin care a home laser is a good investment.

From the very first treatment cycle I received many positive comments about my complexion, some from complete strangers. But it is not very effective for wrinkles, in my experience. For even skin tone, refined texture and radiance it is excellent.

Both fillers and laser stimulate some collagen generation.
Pinot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
But it is not very effective for wrinkles, in my experience.

This is what keeps me from taking the plunge! The #1 reason I wanted a Tria in the first place was to help erase the wrinkles above my upper lip. Sad If it can't do that ... well, I just don't think it would be worth it to me.

Of course, I have to wonder if there's anything (other than fillers) that will help erase them.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:53 am      Reply with quote
You could try micro-needling. IMO it is well worth it to get the mechanical version - quicker and less pain, though you will need numbing any area around the mouth or towards the center of the face. It works like laser using a micro wound to stimulate the body to repair the skin. Considerably less expensive than a laser.

A laser is still worth it as it will gradually repair and regenerate your skin over time. But only if you are dedicated to the treatment program. Having experienced MANY expensive professional laser treatments, my best results have come from a frequent use of the lower powered home device. If I had to buy a new laser every year it would still be worth it. But then many of my issues are photo damage related.
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I would not rec buying off of ebay....I would buy from a dealer so that if there is a problem you can return it. I had to return one that had would not hold a charge and one that had a fan running until the battery died. The one that I have now (fingers crossed) is charging fast and holding the charge. The last one I purchased at 20% off, which if it holds for a year is worth it (my Palovia has never had a problem). Every time I have called Tria, they have had great customer service. But, when I call I am always under the warranty/return period.
Becst*r
5% products discount

Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to post an update. I am into my second 8 week treatment period after an 8 week break and so far I am very impressed with my results. It wasn't until near the end of the 8 week break that I noticed the any improvement which I guess makes sense as the collagen is supposed to be building. My skin is noticeably more elastic and springy, NL folds are shallower and have moved further away from my mouth and the smile wrinkles around my eyes less prominent and disappear more quickly after my face relaxes.

I'm not 100% sure on the effectiveness on my stubborn old pigmentation but recent pigmentation dissolves quickly. It also seems to act like an antibacterial for active spots and pimples/breakouts that I am still blessed with. I haven't seen any improvement in the hypo pigmentation areas.

I must caveat all this by saying that I use level 3, twice every night of the protocol period. Time consuming and sometimes ouchy, but I have tough skin and usually only feels like mild sunburn afterwards. I use PC Resist 4% BHA most nights afterwards with no ill effects and eliminates that sandpaper feeling and stops my persistent breakouts.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am still interested in buying the Tria. I have read many reviews about the issue of poor charging. I was in the UK at Christmas (I live in Australia) and bought one but it didn't charge so I returned it. I didn't have time to keep buying and returning while I was there so I was very disappointed. I have heard that the newer ones no longer have the poor charging problem and that has been fixed.

Has anyone bought one recently, this year? Have you had any problems with it?

Is it still working well for the others? I see that other similar laser products are no longer on sale.

Cheers
Anna
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased a never used Tria on ebay. Unfortunately the charger is spotty so I now connect it to my usb on my computer and it charges perfectly. I tried a different plug and that didn't help. I love my new Tria and fortunately plugging into my computer is fine.
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
I see lots of people had a problem with the cord or plug. The problem with the one I bought was that the device didn't connect with the charger at the two points. I tried to hold it down and it worked for 10 seconds then stopped. I would just buy it from tria to make sure its one of the new ones. I'm still a bit apprehensive though.
kristinrebecca

Wed May 20, 2015 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Well I have decided that I don't want to give up using my Retin A since I've had such great results with it clearing my skin. After giving it up for a few weeks in an attempt to use my Tria without the dryness, it was obvious I cannot do without my beloved Retin A. I guess I will keep my clear skin and hope the Retin A gives me enough anti-aging. Adding the Tria only added way too much dryness. It worked better for my husband as his skin is naturally more oily, but honestly, hes not going to use it on his own. The one I have is in great condition and looks new as I've babied it. Smile It charges perfectly and comes with box & directions. If you're interested, drop me a message. I can provide pictures and answer info. I'm in Canada and looking for $400CA OBO.
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2015 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I never did get back here and follow up from my last post. My Tria only worked plugged into my computer for another week or 2 and then got worse...BUT I contacted the company gave them my serial # that I had to use to activate my unit and they replaced it it within 3 days of my email. They paid for the postage for me to return the old one. So buying new from Ebay was not a problem with replacement.
Albina

Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone still using their age defying Tria laser? If yes, are you still noticing results?
beth808

Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it since it came out...2 yrs? Anyway, it has tightened my skin well but at the cost of getting broken caps...arrrrg! Some were so bad they looked like I had some sort of spotted rash on my face which comes and goes depending on my skincare routine. Finally went to get some of them removed with several IPL treatments. Some of the spots have faded and some are here to stay.
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I bought one around Thanksgiving from Tria. I just finished week 3 and am pleased.
My skin looks better and so far I am optimistic about future results.
I knew about Tria from the EDS board, but decided to purchase it when I house sat for my son. Sometimes an unflattering mirror can be very motivating. I went last night for Christmas Eve and I already look better in that mirror, so I hope there's more good to come.
I'm 57 and light skinned-Irish/Scottish/English ancestry.I have wrinkles and some sag.
I haven't used level 3 yet but so far, no broken capillaries.
Just hope I have more good results to report in the future.
Hope this helps anyone who is looking at home laser devices.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
So sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know if this is safe to use with fillers? I just got Sculptra today and unsure what to do now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed Tria and they got back to me. They say it's fine to use but I will wait two weeks anyway as per some old posts on here. So yay, back to laser-ing I go. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I emailed Tria and they got back to me. They say it's fine to use but I will wait two weeks anyway as per some old posts on here. So yay, back to laser-ing I go. Smile

Very nice of them to answer your question! I have the ADL and the eye laser and the eye laser malfunctioned and they sent a new one no questions asked, excellent customer service!
Xenalady
5% products discount

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have been considering the Tria laser for some time. Since reading through this forum I've decided to give it a try. The Tria website gives a 90 day money back guarantee so I feel fairly comfortable purchasing via their site.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I am still considering purchasing the Tria home laser however, I read a review on Amazon stating that the battery last 4 years and cannot be replaced making the laser useless after that time. Does anyone have any information about this? I've emailed Tria with this question and will post when I hear from them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Xenalady wrote:
I am still considering purchasing the Tria home laser however, I read a review on Amazon stating that the battery last 4 years and cannot be replaced making the laser useless after that time. Does anyone have any information about this? I've emailed Tria with this question and will post when I hear from them.

I thought I heard around 7 years, that's what I believe Tria stated. Although its an estimate based on typical use. If it's used not often, then probably even more, if it's used a lot it would probably last less. It's a lithium ion battery so it's life is pretty long, just gotta make sure to keep it charged and dont let it sit with a dead battery. They say with lithium ion batteries, its actually good to constantly recharge it, rather than wait for it to die each time. Just some tips to keep it running healthy for years. And honestly, like I said I think Tria said 7 years. And I think 7 years is more than enough time, considering this product is only $500 and professional treatments cost about 1,500 each session!
Xenalady
5% products discount

Sun May 08, 2016 9:46 am      Reply with quote
EC415, thanks for the advice about keeping the battery charged. I used it for the first time last night and wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with the device after I was done. The instructions were not clear on the subject. I have a few more questions, but will read through the forum first to see if they have already been answered before I post. Further, I intend to post my results as I progress.

5% products discount

Sun May 08, 2016 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to let anyone considering this that I purchased it awhile ago and am VERY happy with it. I'm finishing up my second cycle and it's done A LOT from me.

I always replace it on the charger after using it, and have had no problems with it. I think some people charge it, use, don't recharge it, and then have problems.

It takes a time commitment of course, up to 10 minutes a day on Level 3. I went right to Level 3, and had no problems, a little dryness, a little redness, but nothing really at all. I've even used Retin A AND skin peels. I even use my Tripollar Stop a few times ago (which I also love). My tough Irish heritage I guess (even though I have very fair skin.)
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |