Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best face massage technique for forehead lines?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2015 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Yes I saw those exercises, and her photos of changes are great. I don’t get those exercises fully though – I’m a visual learner so need to see things with my own eyes to fully get them if that makes sense. For me I thought I would always have marionette lines as my mother and her mother had them but what got rid f them for me was the FlexEffect cross stretching time!
Ollie wrote:
You're so right TheresaMary! I couldn't agree more! Have you seen the exercises by Honeybee on the Realself website? I think I may give those a try along with the exercises I'm doing for my forhead and see if they work. I'm trying to get rid of marionette lines and have tried just about everything. They're so depressing....literally Bad Grin

I totally agree with you. I am a visual person as well. However, I found her exercises interesting because she did get pretty good results. The only thing I find wrong with the program is that Honeybee says to do each exercise for "as long as you want". Now I need direction! I need someone to tell me how many to do or else I'm going to overdo things just to see if I can accomplish results quicker! I can't believe I found someone with an exercise for marionette lines that actually works. Would you please share it with me?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2015 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Its not an exercise but a technique, but i might add that I have been exercising my face for well over 20 years prior to trying it so my skin and muscles were in a good place and so I doubt a newbie should start out that way. I was pretty confident in handling my face o to me it wasn't a big deal - however I wasn't intending to get rid of the MLs - I thought I'd always have them and somehow think that is also connected. Not quite sure I know or understand how - but suspect its a bit like love. You know when you are young, you are looking for the "one" and then the moment you stop looking you get inundated with men lol
Ollie wrote:

I totally agree with you. I am a visual person as well. However, I found her exercises interesting because she did get pretty good results. The only thing I find wrong with the program is that Honeybee says to do each exercise for "as long as you want". Now I need direction! I need someone to tell me how many to do or else I'm going to overdo things just to see if I can accomplish results quicker! I can't believe I found someone with an exercise for marionette lines that actually works. Would you please share it with me?
nycatlover
5% products discount

Sat May 16, 2015 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I think the exercise Honeybee described is similar to the one Tom H does and now he has a youtube video that you can watch. Hope that helps.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2015 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Its not an exercise but a technique, but i might add that I have been exercising my face for well over 20 years prior to trying it so my skin and muscles were in a good place and so I doubt a newbie should start out that way. I was pretty confident in handling my face o to me it wasn't a big deal - however I wasn't intending to get rid of the MLs - I thought I'd always have them and somehow think that is also connected. Not quite sure I know or understand how - but suspect its a bit like love. You know when you are young, you are looking for the "one" and then the moment you stop looking you get inundated with men lol
Ollie wrote:

So true! lol I tried looking up cross-stretch training just to see what it was and couldn't find anything to describe it. Now, I'm very curious. I used to Facial exercises for over a year and developed a strange line on my forehead above one of my eyebrows as well as under eye hollows. So I stopped and since then the line has gone away and the eye hollows remain a bit but who know if that's the aging process. I'm middle aged and worry about what I see when I look in different mirrors and with my reading glasses on. When I wear those I can see really deep lines and crevices...it's pretty scary. I wonder if what we see when we look in the mirror is real? I mean age wise, sometimes I feel I look younger and sometimes I feel I look older. Which is true? I hope others don't see me this way. I feel I need to do something for the rest of my face before things get worse. Any suggestions??
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2015 7:14 am      Reply with quote
The Tom Hagerty scalp exercise is on the internet, so I won't go into the details here. Do check out his forehead, which is pretty smooth. I eliminated a portion of a forehead line using the Sanford Bennett friction massage which requires that the muscle be in contraction during the massage. At 56, I don't expect to eliminate my lines completely, however keeping forehead and scalp muscles strong combined with friction massage has helped me to minimize the appearance and depth of any forehead lines. I believe that I would get better results if I devoted more time to the friction massage.

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
agatha
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2015 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I second Furlesse/Frownies recommendation.
I started getting my 11s in mid twenties due to too much squinting my eyes though out the day (I tried to teach myself to relax this area of the face but since I wear gas permeable contact lenses which cause some eye irritation, some squinting and frowning is unavoidable).
I've been wearing these patches religiously for last 7-8 years and can attest how great they work. Not only they stopped the progression of the furrow but I also stopped overusing these muscles though out the day.

Also, as some previous posters have mentioned, the massage can do wonders for this area. I used to get face lymphatic drainage in my local clinic and the lady there once mentioned that my brow area may accumulate a lot of fluid in sinus cavities, which may in turn result in bulges and furrows. So massaging this area and draining the excess fluid helps a lot. I usually just do a quick bone press massage, starting from the inner part of the eyebrows and moving fingers down the eyebrow to the temples.

HTH
lehti
5% products discount

Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:
It's pretty easy really. You take your index finger and middle finger and put them tightly together and rub the tips of those fingers on your 11's vertically. (the same way your 11's go) and rub up and down over your 11's very quickly to a count of 30. One back and one forth motion counts as 1. Another back and forth motion count as 2 and so on.

As for the forehead, I use the back of my hand and rub it horizontally back and forth quickly (in the same direction as the forehead lines) for a count of 30 also. Does this make sense? I do these for 2 days both morning and at night. Then take a day off. Then do another 2 days and take a day off. The key is being consistent and sticking with it to see results. It will take about a month before you will start to see the 11's start to fade away...after about 3-4 months mine were completely gone! Hope this helps!

Girl, I'm gonna try it starting today and if it works you're my forever idol! My 11s popped out of nowhere when I turned 30 and actually I'm kinda grateful they did, because that led me to the whole face and skincare routine - earlier I was pretty lazy about it. But now when they did their job it's about time they're finally gone!
Btw. I'm writing this sitting with the frownie patch on, trying literally everything Smile

I have pictures of my 11s, can't post them as I'm a new member but I promise to do Ollie's massage technique religiously everyday and document changes every month. Maybe by this time I'll gain the privilege of posting pictures.
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:40 am      Reply with quote
For my 11s, I like face yoga method massage, can be found on youtube when you search for 'How To Reduce/Prevent Frown Lines From Your Face Forever' (I can't post links yet).

I have found that massage is really a great way to reduce wrinkles and tension on the face and make one look better instantly... A lot more effective than creams and potions.
lehti
5% products discount

Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Maggie_p, how long are you doing this massage? I came across it as well, but I have hooded eyes and I don't want my skin in this area to become even more stretched from all this pulling. Did you notice any positive/negative effect of this particular exercise?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:40 am      Reply with quote
For forehead, I think a lot of the conversation depends on the genetics too. My grandfather constantly raised and lowered his eyebrows, but my grandmother never. Yet I learned on not to do that because of the lines it created. Yet I noticed that one of my son's who is now in his 30's does exactly the same expression as my grandfather and has similiar lined forehead as a result.
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:03 am      Reply with quote
lehti wrote:
Maggie_p, how long are you doing this massage? I came across it as well, but I have hooded eyes and I don't want my skin in this area to become even more stretched from all this pulling. Did you notice any positive/negative effect of this particular exercise?

Hi Lehti,

I discovered this one more then a year ago and have been doing it on and off since then. This is the done that got me into face massage because of its dramatic effects on me, it decreases the lines and tension immediately (well line for me, I don't have 11s, I have one pronounced line in the middle). I told all my friends about it as soon as I discovered it Smile
I do it whenever I detect tension (so, at least once per day, I stare at monitor around 10 hours per day and am not embarrassed to do it at work).

It really didn't have any negative effects on my eyelids, my eyes are sometimes hooded, sometimes not. The thumb below the eyebrow is sort of an anchor if you know what I mean, and I pinch more skin above than below the eyebrow.

After more then a year, the wrinkle is still there, I think it is a bit smaller, but the part that I really like is that I don't have the permanent grimace that makes it more visible and I feel that my entire forehead is relaxed as well...

Anyway, in my experience, face massage is quite individual and it can have immediate beneficial effects, it is worth trying and experimenting until you find the perfect one for you Smile
lehti
5% products discount

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Maggie_p thank you! I think I'll just try not to pull the skin that much in the outer corner. And I totally agree about the benefits of massage, I saw my old photos (2012-13) yesterday and although I had no wrinkles, the face often looked tense when I was smiling or doing more crazy facial expressions Smile Since I'm massaging it's much more relaxed.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to share a post by Loulou of Ageless re pulling the skin comments above. her photos speak volumes of proof to me that there is nothing to be worried about:

otherloulou wrote:
(Unexpectedly gigantic) picture of my 52-year old bare face taken outside yesterday. It didn't take a massive investment of time and energy to lift it, and takes little in the way of maintenance. Pulling the skin around hasn't ruined my face. Nothing will happen if you exercise it, or rather, really good things will happen.

There are more new pics up on the Ageless site, also the new Further Ageless book and DVD downloads are available with 9 new exercises that experienced women can use.

Cheers,
Loulou
caringpal

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I don't really had any massage technique but I guess we just need to have a healthy lifestyle..though i regularly use a rejuvenating lotion on my face and drink a lot of water really help:)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |