Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Help me build and tweak up an anti aging routine please?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Loboto-Me

Thu May 07, 2015 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've finally received my new beauty tools and am hoping you skin care gurus will help me build up a program.

I have a Nova system which is galvanic and microcurrent. It also has the LED system in red, blue and green.

I will be using my .5 or .75 (haven't worked up the courage for the larger size yet) dermaroller once a month as well.

In the morning, I use the galvanic on cleanse mode with my Cerave cleanser. Then use the Red LED on my whole face, neck, decolletage. Blue LED is next... around my chin and mouth area where I sometimes break out, as well as on my nose because it tends to be red. and then Green on my upper cheeks where there are a few dark patches.

I then use the galvanic on nourish mode with my Vit C,E,Ferulic serum. Finally, it's time for the microcurrent (first time) and the instructions say to use your favorite lifting cream with it.

Now, I'm a bit confused because most things I've read was that microcurrent should be used with water-based products right? Nova doesn't mention that in the instructions unless I missed it.

Also, the lotions, and serum tends to dry and the machine gets hung up on my skin, what should I use to keep the machine gliding?

I think I'll incorporate green tea in my routine since I enjoy drinking it. I was reading that I should probably apply it before the LED treatments right? Are there any other products that might be helpful to include? I forgot to mention that the worse areas for me are my chin and around my mouth. It almost looks like acne scars but they're deep/orange peel like wrinkles... not large pores but bumpy.

On the day that I will be dermarolling, what treatment should I forgo, and how long should I wait until I start back on the daily anti aging routine again?

I've always been horrible with building routines and this one is no different.
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2015 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have Sirius Aurora so don't really have any experience with micro-currents, only with LEDs...
I like to put rosehip oil before using my LEDs and then they really glide easily, I put only a little bit. Also, this oil has a lot of other benefits for aging skin.

About dermarolling, I usually do that before I go to bed, I really don't like doing it in the morning because the face becomes red...
When dermarolling, I don't use any acid peels or retin-A after it, just normal routine with serums and moisturisers. You didn't mention if you do any of these (acid peels), and if you are not, I think you should add it.
Skin looks and feels normal next morning, so it is business as usual...

And whatever your routine, try to be persistent, because whatever you chose to do, it takes at least 2 months to see results. Good luck!
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2015 12:42 am      Reply with quote
maggie_p wrote:
I have Sirius Aurora so don't really have any experience with micro-currents, only with LEDs...
I like to put rosehip oil before using my LEDs and then they really glide easily, I put only a little bit. Also, this oil has a lot of other benefits for aging skin.

I thought that oil blocks the effectiveness of LEDs?

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2015 4:42 am      Reply with quote
I have a feeling that an oil based product does have an effect on LED effectiveness, so I usually use a green tea serum and let that sink for about 30 mins ish before I use the LED. NCN products sell that.

Also, with the ultrasound,don't use any oil based products either, when I dry out I use a water spray which seems to rehydrate my skin enabling me to finish the treatment. Avene sell one but actually you could just as easily use plain water to spritz your face ( I have done to no ill effect!)

If you are going to derma roll check out the long derma rolling thread here for the correct regime or check out Dr Lance Setterfield , he has written a protocol for derma rolling which is very comprehensive.His book is the ("Consise Guide to Dermal Needling ) I think that is the title but you can get from amazon.

It has pretty well all you need to know for at home needling under proper conditions, sterilising needles , face and how you should prepare your skin before needling and just what you should do after.
Or you could look up Dr Des Fernandes he started it all and has written loads of articles on needling.

Theres is a ton of info out there, but you really need to do your homework before needling ,it isn't like micro current or ultrasound as you are actually puncturing your skin and creating a controlled inflammatory reaction.If you aren't careful you can cause damage, but done properly it does work very effectively all be it in the long term.

HTH

Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2015 5:06 am      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:

I thought that oil blocks the effectiveness of LEDs?

The Sirius website says that skincare products can be used with a treatment with a note that the product should not have light reflecting properties. I find using a bit of this light facial oil really stops the skin from being dragged and I am never certain whether moisturiser contains these ingredients...

In the interest of full disclosure, I do obtain results from blue light, I was never impressed with the red light, but that could be because I never use it for more than a month... Or due to using oil Sad, but then I wouldn't expect the blue one to work at all so...
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2015 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
maggie,

What do you use the blue light for? i have read it is for acne, but i am wondering if it also has other uses, toning down redness for example, once it is such a cool color light.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2015 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
maggie,

What do you use the blue light for? i have read it is for acne, but i am wondering if it also has other uses, toning down redness for example, once it is such a cool color light.

Hi Jasmine,

I am using for a bit for acne but mostly acne prevention (I always breakout after hair removal) and for shrinking pores on my cheeks. I don't really have a lot of acne, so for them usually 2-3 days is enough and for pores, I can see skin responding in a week. I read it is good for scarring too, but don't have any experience with that...

I think red light is for redness. Personally, I didn't have significant results with red one, possibly because I never used it for several months, and just found out that maybe my rosehip oil is reducing effectiveness...
For redness, I like to use oil or cream with chamomile and calendula (I'm using oils a lot in my regimen this year), they work great. If you want to see whether it works for you, the easiest way is to find a baby cream with them and try it... Bio-oil also contains them but I find it too heavy for my face. It is ideal for neck and decollete though Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |