Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
SkinVac - UltraRadiance - At-Home Microderm Using House Vac
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2015 10:05 am      Reply with quote
So I recently got into microdermabrasion. I always considered getting professional treatments, until I discovered the at home alternatives. I bought a PMD a few weeks back, did a few runs with it, and while I do think its a great device, I stumbled upon something else.

It's called the SkinVac, by a company called Ultra Radiance. Basically, it uses the suction from your vacuum that you already have at home, and diamond microderm heads/tips to gently slough away dead skin and suck it right into the vacuum. I purchased a kit from Amazon, and have used it already at least 4 times in 2 weeks.

My skin looks fantastic, glowy and more uniform in color. This product is genius in my opinion. They have basically taken an adapter that sticks on the vacuum tube, and connected to that adapter is reinforced tubing that is connected to the wand and diamond abrasive tip. You turn the vac on and gently slide the tip across the skin a few passes, and then youre done within minutes.

I have only treated my face and neck so far but plan on ordering more tips to also treat my body and chest.

They sell various kits on Amazon, ranging from around $30-200. You can buy a basic kit for $30 that includes a tip, and adapter that plugs directly into the vac tube. A more expensive kit comes with a wand and adjustable adapter to get less invasive suction. The most expensive kits come with an actual small vacuum, but in my opinion its way more cost effective to use your at home vac, and I wouldnt trust those small cheap vacuums to last anyway.

Sorry to type such a long post, I just really find this product genius and super effective. With the PMD, you have to replace the tips monthly, and they use crystals. With the SkinVac, the tips are supposed to last years, with just general alcohol cleansing, and there are no filters to purchase AND they are diamond heads, which are the kinds most professionals use.

Just wanted to give anyone who is thinking about microdermabrasion a product to check out! I'm going to give my PMD pro to my sister.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2015 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
http://skinvacmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/2014-SkinVacMD-Conversion-MiniKit-with-Flag-PETA-and-Model-400x400.jpg

Here is a photo showing the mini kit. Comes with a converter (if needed) and the slide piece (with tip attached)that you place on the vacuum hose. So simple, just wanted to give yall an idea of what I was talking about.

Below is the premium kit which comes with everything above plus the adjustable nozzle (controls suction power) and hose with wand/tip.

http://skinvacmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Basic-SkinVac1.png

No I am not being paid by SkinVac, I just think this is my new favorite go-to gadget. You can also make one of these yourself practically, if you just buy a microdermabrasion wand/tip set (can be found on eBay for around $30) and some hose and connect it with an adapter to your vac hose. Genius. And again, this beats the microderm units with a vacuum, I bought a 20$ Wet/Dry vac at Walmart (specifically for this) and use it and it works perfectly. No need to EVER change filters, and tips will barely need to be replaced, they are said to last many years if not forever as long as they are cleaned and taken care of. The diamond tips feel so much better than the crystal tips that were on my PMD, and it seems so much more effective. I feel like PMD just caused redness, with the diamond tips, I only get slightly irritated and the next day my skin looks amazing.
stella416
5% products discount

Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much EC413 for sharing your personal experience and opinion with us about your PMD.
I have been thinking in getting one, but I was not sure even if they were effective.
The info you provided me with, will certainly help me to make up my mind! Thank you again and please keep us posted! Wink
stella416
5% products discount

Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I also have been thinking in buying other devices like: NuFace (micro current estimulation), Tria or Iluminage (laser), baby quasar (LED light therapy). Do you have any recommendations?
Thank you in advance Smile
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I have my PMD and dont use it because the Ultraradiance system, I only use the Ultraradiance about once a week though, but it seems to keep my skin nice and exfoliated. You just reminded me though, I need to sell that PMD or maybe I'll give to my sister for Xmas.

Also, I have NuFace, Tria laser and the Lightstim (LED).

Nuface seems to be a decent tool, it may not be for me since I dont have much sagging yet and I got mine cheap on Ebay, I wouldnt pay full price for it, but I'll get use of it in years when starting will probably start.

The Tria laser I love, although I need to charge it up and do another 8 weeks with it. I havent used it in several months. I think those results are pretty good, not so much in wrinkle reduction, but overall healthy skin tone and evenness.

Lightstim I LOVE, I've had Lightstim for about 3-4 years now, I bought a second one to do my face even quicker, bought them both second hand on Ebay. I recommend Lightstim over the Quasar or Baby Quasar, simply because of the price. Also, with the Lightstim you have to use it as directed and you will get results! I tend to actually over-use it, some days I used to do treatments morning and night, but I really love the way it made my skin look.

I need to start using all my gadgets again, I have a problem with buying gadgets, using them for 1 treatment cycle, and then tossing them in a drawer, I need to remember to keep using to maintain!!
stella416
5% products discount

Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much EC413 for all the info! I really appreciate it. Now I feel more confident to go ahead with some of those devices😊
akami
5% products discount

Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking to buy a microdermabrasion device. This looks interesting and I have been looking into buying it, but it is a bit confusing. First, does it fit Dyson vacuum cleaner? Some said yes some said no.

Second, the name of the kits on amazon and on the company website don't even match so hard to tell from amazon descriptions what comes with it. I would like to get attachements for different suctions, seems like you can get strong or medium/light suction with 2 different attachments, but some kits only have one? Would that be the strong one?

And then third, I don't understand what a black piece (looking like a vase) with a diamond tip on it is for because I thought you are supposed to use the stainless steel wand that attaches to the hose provided on one end and a removable diamond tip on another. The black plastic looking piece has a diamond tip on one end and it is wide on the other, so that it wouldn't fit the narrow plastic tube provided, does that one go straight on the vacuum cleaner hose, and if so, what is the purpose of that piece since there is a stainless steel wand with detachable tips? The description of the pieces don't seem clear.

I also saw a machine Kendal Professional Microdermabrasion Machine HB-SF01 that is getting very good reviews, even though it is more. Anyone tried it??
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |