Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Astara Blue Flame Purification Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:14 am      Reply with quote
puglove wrote:
I really want to try the Golden Flame - this one is moisturizing. The minerals mask is for revitalizing and to energize.

I also bought the Nourishing Vitamin mask. I had a wonderful facial about 1 month ago with vitamin products (mind you it was with Environ products and using their special machine - I don't know what its called). I'm hoping this mask will give me a similiar glow and clear skin.

FYI - If you're a fan of the Golden Flame and want to try a cheaper, if not necessarily better, version, Aveda makes a Hydrating Gel mask.

It's not as nicely scented, but, it's $19 for a pretty decent tube and it's quite soothing and effective.

I overdid it with BP a week ago due to a fierce outbreak on my chin and this used at night for a few hours cleared up the flakies in no time Smile

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
i used the golden flame mask several years ago, and i thought it was pretty good, although bought it only once. bought the blue mask over and over--awesome. but for hydration, i loved this kiehl's mask--green tea something. it was super ugly--brown gel--but it absorbed into the skin (i used to sleep in it...messy) and seriously did more for my zits than anything at the time (even beloved blue mask). now can't find kiehl's green tea hydrating mask, or whatever it was called.

has anyone tried murad's hydrating gel mask? or does anyone know whatever became of kiehl's green tea hydrator?
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:26 am      Reply with quote
I think this one is a bit overrated. Like the Golden Flame much better.
suzielap
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
puglove wrote:
Okay...so I caved I bought the mask kit Rolling Eyes

As we speak, I have the Blue Purification mask on. I don't find the smell overpowering at all. Its very minty smelling.

Directions call for a thin layer on the face - applied with the mask brush of course Wink .

I have sensitive skin, and so far, no problems, no stinging (I tried another mask 2 weeks ago..Juice Beauty - HORRIBLE. I couldn't even stand it for 5 minutes, my eyes were watering and stinging like crazy...but I digress).

I guess I should do a more thorough review after I wash it off. I'm just way to excited with my new products.

The kit come with the Sea Minterals mask and Golden Flame. I really want to try the Golden Flame - this one is moisturizing. The minerals mask is for revitalizing and to energize.

I also bought the Nourishing Vitamin mask. I had a wonderful facial about 1 month ago with vitamin products (mind you it was with Environ products and using their special machine - I don't know what its called). I'm hoping this mask will give me a similiar glow and clear skin.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Now I have to go wash my face. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So, what is your verdict?
I'm curious as I'm looking for a good mask that will suck all the impurities away!
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I used the blue flame mask years ago. Got sucked into the hollywood cult hype. I was disappointed and got bored with it that I tossed it to the trash.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone with dry skin tried the Astara Nourishing Vitamin Mask? Is it any good?
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
Has anyone with dry skin tried the Astara Nourishing Vitamin Mask? Is it any good?

This is a great mask to soothe and moisturize the skin. For additional benefits you can apply a thin layer and leave it on overnight.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I tried my sample tonight. What the H... in the world is the smell came from. Shock Shock Shock It smelled a little be minty and ..... and..... and ..... a lot chemical!!! I know, I know, it's all natural. But...... I just went to smell it again, I,.... I,.... I,...., I almost threw up. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Now I know why it's a SPECIAL FOOT TREATMENT!! I'm going to the bathroom now. Confused Confused Confused

As for the weird smell and the ability to treat foot fungus..say hello to Tea Tree Oil. That's the overpowering (IMHO) ingredient.

HTH
Lisa

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:38 am      Reply with quote
After wanting to try these masks for so long, I feel a little disappointed at the reviews. So many products get so much hype, so its nice that these are real reviews! Also a little disappointed that these may be not as natural as promoted? Not sure, as havent fully looked into it, but natural should be that...natural!
productsavvy
5% products discount

Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:01 am      Reply with quote
This has to be the best acne masks I ever tried. Got rid of all the zits immediately. Had a stupid odor though. I fell in love with it. I remember ordering it from Beauty years ago, and I know it lasted a really long time!
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 15, 2013 3:14 am      Reply with quote
I also tried the samples.When I use it,I feel a little stabbing pain.It has no effect on my nose blackheads.
joyuii
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:18 am      Reply with quote
I tempted to try the mask kit. It is good that comes with brush.
EsthyJess954
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
This was my go-to mask for years. Especially, after a late night. Lol the next day I would use is to purge everything including my sins!! Haha No seriously, I don't know why I stopped. It would be fantastic to use after the gym. Thanks for mentioning this I def need to add this to my list. BTW, I tried their Activated Sea Mineral Mask and it was awful. Did absolutely nothing for my skin. Just FYI.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |