Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Does anyone know how to copy a shampoo?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ChrisK

Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I am rather desperate and would like to know if anyone can help me. Every commercial shampoo I use gives me irritation and severe dandruff except for Kiss My Face shampoo which I have been using for a few years. However, the ingredients in the shampoo have been changed and I can no longer use the shampoo because it irritates my skin. I have a little more than one bottle of the old Kiss My Face shampoo left but after it is gone I don't know how I am going to wash my hair. I have been to several dermatologist who have been unable to help me. I have also tried having shampoos custom made from a web site on the internet which still gave me burning and dandruff. I want to make a shampoo that is exactly like the shampoo I am using that does not give me any irritation or dandruff but it is very difficult copying a shampoo. Is there ANYONE out there who could tell me how to make an exact copy of the shampoo if I gave them a complete list of the ingredients and would know how to put the ingredients together? I have already tried the no-poo method with very bad results. I probably have enough shampoo for only a couple of months. Please help!
lehti
5% products discount

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Hey Chris,

As far as I'm concerned there's no method that will let you copy the exact same formula, however you can get close to it and that should be enough (maybe you can even make a better one), since there's probably one or very few ingredients that are allergenic to you and this particular shampoo is good because it doesn't contain them. There are methods for formulating your own DIY shampoo and what you need to do is find out the ingredients that harm you and avoid them. Maybe you have a reaction to Cocamidopropyl betaine? It's everywhere now.

You could also try to estimate the max % of every ingredient in your shampoo, based on EU/US norms (not sure where you live) and the fact that they are listed in % order (so, for example, if the norm for parabens says max 0,4%, you know for sure than the next ingredient on the list is no more than 0,4%, and that applies to every single one till the rest of the list)and that would get you as close as possible to your formula, but it's pretty difficult and time consuming - so far I was only doing it with products that have much simpler formulas, like serums.

Anyway, if you could find out what you're reacting too (maybe do allergic tests for most popular shampoo ingredients? SLS, SLES, Coco Betaine for sure). In this case you could even avoid DIY part and just search for a shampoo without this ingredient (not that it's super easy too, but maybe easier than DIY).

Could you copy out the ingredient list from the shampoo that is good for you here?
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:54 am      Reply with quote
You should experiment with making your own shampoo. There are plenty all natural recipes online. Some ingredients include coconut milk, castille soap or essential oils or glycerin, And ones that you can make yourself with just 1-2 ingredients will be a lot better than Kiss My Face products, even those have additives and unnecessary ingredients.

I find it hard to believe that Kiss My Face is the only thing you can ever use to wash your hair. Do some more research. Maybe you should get a skin/scalp allergy test done, check first to see if your insurance can cover.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |