Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
::REVIEW:: Valmont NATURE's Moisturizing with a Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
This is a moisturizing mask, I'm not sure if it has any other effects but I buy it ONLY for its moisturizing properties. It's expensive 150CDN for a jar but it's well worth it and I never even look/consider other moisturizing masks at all. This is a wipe-off mask that you can SEE your skin absorbing. You put a layer of it on your face, tissue-off and follow with toner after 20 min (you can leave it as long as you want). After 20 mins you will SEE the product ABSORBED into your skin because the film will eventually become CLEAR. My explanatio isn't too good because the mask doens't change colour per se, but you should get the idea of it being ABSORBED. Of course if you put too much on you will still see a lot of mask left over on your face. It can also be used as a treatment moisturizer if you use a smaller amount and massage it in your face. Regarding tissuing off the mask, you don't have to if you dont want to, you can probably massage the excess into your skin for extra hydration, just follow with toner to wipe off film. This is great for hydration and I have oily skin and this REFRESHES and is NOT oily at all. The texture is quite light with SUPERB hydrating properties. It is also a cheaper alternative to Valmont's Renewing Mask, but again this mask is ONLY for hydration. I use it as a spot treatment on my dry patches and within 24 hrs my dry patches are MOISTURIZED. There are so many different types of masks out there nowadays, the more I look the more confused I get. But I never divert from this one no matter how tempting the others may be. The expiration date is also quite long so no worries there. I don't use it too often, once a week, more if that's how my skin is feeling. It also saves my skin when it's getting a bit dried out from all the clay masks I do since I have oily acne-prone skin.

I also want to share my experience with you during my last trip to HK. From Vancouver -> HK takes 14-16 hours. After I arrived my skin suffered from very severe DRYNESS, I flaked ALL over. This has never happened to me before, I blame the flight. I used this mask everyday and in the mornings as a treatment and within a week my skin was completely moist and back to normal. I also want to note that I DO NOT use moisturizers, I only use serums because ANY moisturizers either dry-out (those mattifying ones) my skin or the texture is too rich and all moisturizers eventually make my skin extra oily during the day. However this one is LIGHT and when I use it as a moisturizer I spot-treat and has not caused any problems for me. Does NOT cause breakouts. I just love this too much and have GOT to share it with my fellow EDS members! Very Happy
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I also love this mask, but then I love masks that hydrate without causing oiliness! Leaves the skin very soft and moisturized. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui, you said you've tried many hydrating/moisturizing masks and not one can compare to your valmont nature moisturizing with a mask.. can you tell me the ones you've tried? It'll save me a lot of money.. Thanks. Smile
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I can't remember that well since it's been so long that I've strayed, but I've tried Clarins, Valmont Renewing Pack, Phytomer, Decleor, etc.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Astara Nourishing Vitamin Mask? My face isn't dry as it used to be but I do have flakes from time to time so I'm deciding if I should just go with the Valmont Nature Moisturizing with a Mask or give Astara Nourishing Vitamin Mask a try... How long does a jar of Valmont Nature moisturizing with a Mask lasts? Thanks, Sormuimui! Smile
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use it whenever I need it but at some point I was using it almost every other day and it would last about 4-6 months. But most of the time I don't use it regularly - it's my SOS product so it lasts until near the expiry (which is around 2 years). I have never tried the Astara, basically I rarely stray from this mask so apart from the ones I tried many years ago I haven't tried anything new recently. HTH
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, another Valmont product is added to my list to buy Laughing !
Thanks for a great review!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:39 am      Reply with quote
There were so many reviews about this mask, so I've made my order, hope it could get along with me.
carinazhan
5% products discount

Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I am new to Valmont.Just bought a moisturizing with a cream. Will get this mask later
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:00 am      Reply with quote
I like renewing pack much more. I used a sample of Moisturizing with a Mask twice but it resulted in breakout in the next morning.

I do not find its moisturizing effect long enough though.
joyuii
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I have found one of the mask to try
StaceSz

Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review! I was about to purchase the renewing pack but perhaps I will try this instead!
mariejj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I am new to Valmont and just purchased Prime Renewing pack. This mask will be my next target. Thanks.
supermacyb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Is it really worth of it?? It is very expensive as a moisturizing mask.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:27 am      Reply with quote
It's difficult to justify the price but Valmont is high quality and really there is no substitute. Use sparingly once a week, this lasts me 4 months.

You can't go wrong with REnewing Pack Wink
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
I also want to try valmont. I'm browsing all about it. I'll place an order soon. I like to see a post about Valmont very much.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |