Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Experience of Pico Toner Users Over Time
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I bought my Pico Toner over a year ago and only used it for 5 days, because unfortunately, the glove was too irritating for my face. However, I had incredible lift for the 5 days I used it. Each day the lift lasted till the evening of the following day, when I repeated the procedure.

I am contemplating getting the probes for the Pico since I believe they will not irritate my skin. I don't know if I will get such incredible results as I did with the gloves, but I am willing to spend the money to try.

I am wondering though, what effect the Pico has on long term users. I am particularly concerned about any negative effects. The reason is that the current in the Pico seems very intense for micro current and there are those that say that a very very low amount of current is more supportive of facial tissues in the long run, indicating that higher currents, like in the Pico, might be detrimental to the skin over time.

But that is just one theory.

Anyway, I am about ready to purchase the probes, so please, anyone who has had negative (or positive or neutral effects) witH Pico use for a significant amount of time, please respond.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
frognkisses
5% products discount

Sun May 10, 2015 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've used it fairly consistantly for the last year about twice a week with the setting on 30 for both P1 and P2. I love it and have only noticed positive effects. I think I look even better when I do it 3 times per week, but life is busy! I wouldn't want to do without it though.
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2015 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I've been using Pico for 2 years, and it is probably the best thing I have used. I finally got the probes about 7 months ago, and they took me a little time to get used to. I defaulted back to the gloves for awhile, but now I prefer the probes. Christine Byer's youtube videos have been invaluable. I also bought a few of her ones she has for sale.
I think the probes might be a good option if the gloves irritate. I find a gel helps with conductivity when using the probes. I use sea kelp bioferment gel from skinactives or sometimes another skin care gel from the health food store. Then I dampen my face with water as needed.
queenpedauque
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2015 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
thanks, frognkisses and queenpedauque.

i have ordered the probes from EDS and am looking forward to using them.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:38 am      Reply with quote
does this device lift the jowls?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Tasha,
It was very successful at lifting jowls for me using the gloves.
I haven't received my probes yet (since my new PO sent the package back to Cananda!!!!) so I cannot speak from personal experience about using the probes for lifting jowls.

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I used Christine Byer's demo on youtube for using gloves with micro current to get the results I did.

Grammalow
5% products discount

Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I started with the Pico gloves about two years ago. Then I bought the probes. Last year the grommet came off one of the gloves, rendering it useless, so I stayed with the probes.

I will not be without this device. But I have learned how my face reacts. If I do it too often, it's too much and my face looks gaunt. If I increase the power same thing. I use 35 on P1 cheeks up, 55 on P2 lower face down. I do it every third (best) or fourth day. I try not to go longer. I take it on trips so as not to miss. I have even been known to do it in the car if it's dark on the way home from visiting grandchildren, as a passenger of course!

I learned the best accidentally. I use my phone to time, and once I forgot to set it. I went five minutes on the cheek pinch. Loved the results. So now each of three pinches on my weak side for five minutes, three on my good side. I do my eyes, forehead, lower face and neck, total of about 50 minutes.

One of the best things I have ever bought.
carlingus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I think I've been using mine now for a year or so..I use it once or twice a week. It makes me look thinner in the face and my skin has a sort of prettier plumpness to it that I love after using it, plumpness lasts 2 days or so. I supplement with nuface on week days and do 15-25 minutes or so of Pico time on weekends. I don't use it aggressively because I also fear over use, usually my approach is I want to do the least amount necessary to produce ATP, and I'm still relatively young so I'll probably get steadily more agressive with microcurrent as I get older. I haven't seen anything negative aside from the gloves being rough on the skin, especially for rosacean skin like mine, but the irritation fades quickly, within 20 mins or so
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I just dont use mine. Available for purchase, please pm me if interested. I'm in the UK, btw.
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Wonder if you can use distilled water and add colloidal silver instead of using the spray? Thoughts? I'm ordering my pico now. What about water and glycerine?
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I think you need to add salt to the water for conduction, but I could be wrong.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Grammalow,
Don't know if you are still posting on EDS, but I appreciate your post here. We have been moving so I just starting using the pico toner again with the probes. The probes are great and don't cause any irritation to my skin like the original gloves did.

I am interested in what moves you make with the pico on p2 for your lower face. Do you muse it the same way you would if you were using the p1 setting?

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |