Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

TANAKA FOR THIN FACES
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I came across Tanaka face massages and they look great. One question though. I have lots of volume loss in my cheek area already at 34. And on the video, it says it will get rid of stored fat, by doing these massages and contour your face more. I don't want to do that. I need my fat. Anyone have any experiences, for those of you who do it and have thin faces, if it helps or doesn't help. Or maybe some poses to avoid.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Yes, this was my concern too. I had almost started on a routine along with face exercises when this so called side benefit keeps coming up...and especially when they keep touting this as a positive.
Lymph drainage and cleansing is something that continually comes up in microcurrent and high frequency as also a benefit before tightening and toning but the tanaka massage talks about expelling fat and contouring the face a little too much for me to feel comfortable..
Maybe someone that uses it regularly can clarify this.
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:02 am      Reply with quote
so are you doing it or not for now?? I was thinking just to avoid some of the parts but then how to know which parts to avoid
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:11 am      Reply with quote
No, I am not manually doing the massage. And I won't until I do more research or feel confident that I'm not risking the loss of subcutaneous fat.
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I am doing it for around a month now, every morning and I like how it sort of removes the bloating.
I don't think it removes fat, I think it is a bad translation, I have noticed only that it impacts lymph (which is why I really like it in the morning) and sort of lifts cheeks.
I do not have thin lower face, and I have just now compared the photos of my face a month ago (I am taking photos to check my face exercise results) and I don't see the difference in volume.

I know that no lipo lipo claims to break fat on the body, but that is a lot more aggressive with higher number of repetitions (60 as opposed to 3-5 recommended in Tanaka).

You can try it and stop doing it if you don't like results.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |