Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Secrets of beautiful hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I did this from Fox's post:
1. Make sure hair is moderately damp. Run a small amount of conditioner through your hair (for the cinammon to stick) and grab your cinnamon. Mix the mixture together and evenly spread throughout your hair.

2. If you are using a brush make sure to get the brush nice and wet so the cinnamon will glide onto your hair better.

3. Rub or paste the cinnamon in the desired areas or all over your hair. Make sure to get underneath and to rub your hair together to spread the cinnamon all over the hair. Rubbing it helps to evenly cover the desired areas.

4. Gather your hair into a loose bun and secure it with a ponytail pin or desired item. Grab your Saran wrap and wrap it firmly across your head to keep everything together and protected.

5. If desired, place a plastic bag over the head to assure full protection and secure it tightly. This helps if you are planning to sleep with the mixture in your hair,which happens to work the best.

6. Leave the mixture in your hair overnight for best results, or for 6-8 hours depending on the shade of your hair. 4 hours work as well but might not give you the shade that you want so try to have it on for as long as you can. Remember you might feel some tingling sensation!

7. Rinse out your hair. If you have curly hair, use shampoo to get the cinnamon out. When dry, your hair will smell amazing!

Hair smelled great...and felt super full. I really liked it. Still used ACV to rinse it with and a final spritz. Haven't had a sunny day to really check for any added high lights, my hair is full of red naturally, so thought playing with cinnamon would be fun to see if it worked....need natural day light to tell the difference though.

I did sleep in it with plastic on my head Laughing
Algona
5% products discount

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Dragon.
Does it keep your color last longer and darker when you have your hair colored? I bought my hair color in Darkest Brown mixing a little with Black to cover my grey hair at the root. I don't want my hair turn redish at the root and when I use the ACV for the final rinse.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Algona,

I have only once colored my hair with a semi permanent about 12 years ago. I don't know how it will affect colored hair. Sad
Quote:
I don't want my hair turn redish at the root and when I use the ACV for the final rinse.

I think it would not be from the ACV but from the cinnamon if it did change color. I really don't have an answer from experience to share with you.

Mind you...my scalp did turn a little orange, nothing horrible...but a slight change. Was gone after one washing.
annabie

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Dragon, thanks so so much. Recently I just don't know what to do with my hair. Now thanks to you, I can do something different. Smile
evescafe
5% products discount

Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Add some pepper and cumin seeds to coconut oil.. Heat the mixture.. Massage it in your scalps.. Wash it with shampoo after 2 hours.. This is my secret of long and beautiful hair..

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:55 am      Reply with quote
evescafe wrote:
Add some pepper and cumin seeds to coconut oil.. Heat the mixture.. Massage it in your scalps.. Wash it with shampoo after 2 hours.. This is my secret of long and beautiful hair..

Thanks for your advice, but how much of the pepper and cumin seeds should I add in?
alysdare

Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:31 am      Reply with quote
That is so informative guidelines for me.I am sure i can gain a lot of benefit from it.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Danny Roddy has a whole website about how to reverse hair loss with diet:
http://www.dannyroddy.com/start/

My good hair secrets are coconut oil, aspirin (helps block estrogen which causes hair loss), progesterone, sugar, and avoidance of PUFAs. My hair fell out a lot in my late 30s but no longer does.

Once a month I do a DIY hair gloss. Remove 1/2 the developer of a hair color and replace with water. Add color and mix. Leave on hair 5-15 minutes then rinse. Makes hair glossy and shiny. People always comment after I do this.
tigerwillow

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Ya'll have gotten me really excited about mollassas! I wanted to add that I love the effects of ACV on my hair, and have even doused it with straight vinegar and left it for 5-10 minutes in the shower, then rinsed it to shiny, smooth, conditioned results. That said, I recently tried it with rice vinegar, and the results were the same, without as much of the smell! I am going to try the conditioner recipe with that and mollassas Smile Thanks!
Oh, and I swear by straight rosemary oil rubbed into the scalp for stimulating hair growth- brought hair back to my thinning temples, stat!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
i haven'r heard about this mask before i read your post and i think that it's efective. I will try
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:37 am      Reply with quote
anyone found anything to help improve hair porosity Ph? I went from medium porosity to high porosity due to numerous color dyes and changed my original hair texture. its now super dry and unmanageable. i did start cutting my hair ALOT to remove dead hair. I want my old hair texture back. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I like Roux Porosity Control followed by a moisturizing conditioner. The original formula is better. The new formula still helps. I use this about once a month and it seems to help with frizz/smoothness.

In the link is the new packaging.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/roux-corrector-conditioner/SBS-700828,default,pd.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I like Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Hair Reconstructor, it completely recovered my hair...
Keep in mind that conditioner is still needed after this and use it as needed, because too much protein is also bad for the hair.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks you guys!

I actually JUST bought both products.hehe . wow glad I am on the right track. when did you both start seeing improvement? also did you use a chelating shampoo? or roux shampoo?
thanks Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I believe you will see improvements immediately, and they are cumulative... I started with using it once per week for 2 months and now I really use it as needed - once per month or even less often... I do the strand test, after washing the hair, while still in the shower, I check whether I can stretch individual strands and whether they bounce back, if they don't, I do the protein mask Smile
Times are individual, it depends on your hair and amount of damage.

Now, I mostly treat for moisture - oil mask once per week - avocado & grapeseed oil and a few drops of rosemary and lavender (I have fine hair, so heavy oils are not very good for me). I will try the mask with molasses from this thread, have read a lot of good things about blackstrap one (mostly about eating it, but it is really disgusting Sad, maybe topical is the way forward)...

In terms of shampoo, I don't do anything special apart from ensuring I wash with the one without SLS after dyeing the hair and then back to usual one (I didn't find a good thickening shampoo without SLS, and since I have fine hair, I really need it).
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:18 am      Reply with quote
thanks Maggie. I did keep reading about good things on blaskstrap molasses and hair mask for a while. can you please post the link to the recipe ? I will get some . and thanks for the shampoo tip Smile

oil mask sounds good. I will need to get some of the ingredients. did you also do the ACV rinse?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Recipe for the molasses is the first post of this thread Smile

Just tried it, hair is softer, but the mess is unbelievable, so I am not a convert... Based on the mask did get an idea to use it as bonding for ball type cookies, so did inspire me Wink
For the oil mask, it really depends on type of your hair, olive and coconut oil are often used and essential oils can give nice smell, and 2 that I add help with hair growth... It really can be made based on stuff you have at home and experimenting is good until you find what works for you, good luck Tasha!

Didn't try ACV rinse yet, I am contemplating...
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
ok thanks for your helpful tips. I'm hoping to see a major difference at least within 3-6 months. Smile

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |