Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does anyone find hyaluronic acid supplements helpful?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
benibenir
5% products discount

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:12 am      Reply with quote
After researching different supplements, this seemed the most helpful to me? Has anyone found it to benefit their skin?
jamesrobert
5% products discount

Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hyaluronic acid serum is a cosmetic product which if used helps the skin to be more hydrated. At birth we all have hyaluronic acid which gives us a youthful and even skin tone; that is why babies have adorable skin tone.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
jamesrobert wrote:
Hyaluronic acid serum is a cosmetic product which if used helps the skin to be more hydrated. At birth we all have hyaluronic acid which gives us a youthful and even skin tone; that is why babies have adorable skin tone.

This was quoted from the above link. Please be sure to provide your source when quoting others.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Use-Hyaluronic-Acid-Serum?&id=7167904
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
jamesrobert wrote:

This was quoted from the above link. Please be sure to provide your source when quoting others.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Use-Hyaluronic-Acid-Serum?&id=7167904

Not to mention this doesn't answer the actual question the OP asked which was does anyone find hyaluronic acid supplements beneficial?

I take HA supplements and I make sure they come from Rooster Combs. I have pretty good skin, anyway so I am not really one to answer this question. I use them more as a preventative thing than anything else.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Its ok. Tried it for lip plumping, had a minor positive effect. Stopped taking it as the pay off wasnt that brilliant and if I'm gonna regularly swallow capsules I want them to do more for me.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Can you get hyaluronic acid from food?
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:

Since once source used for the supplement is rooster combs, I suppose you could eat them as in this curry, Bon-Appetit!

Image And here's the Recipe

But really, Google is your friend and it has more food sources.

OP, I'm not a fan of individual vitamins since it takes more than one to nourish cells. I prefer multis. So if I were considering this supplement, I would find a skin supplement that had it in the mix so I would be getting a lot of other good stuff too.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Its ok. Tried it for lip plumping, had a minor positive effect. Stopped taking it as the pay off wasnt that brilliant and if I'm gonna regularly swallow capsules I want them to do more for me.

I don't think Hyaluronic Acid is going to "plump" your lips exactly. Not any more plump than they would be in your most natural state. HA provides moisture in the skin and is responsible for super young skin looking so good and so "dewy" but it doesn't add volume where you wouldn't normally have volume.

Nonie, I kind of agree about multis. I am 47 and would like to maintain my natural strawberry blonde haircolor as long as possible (and use several supplements to do this) and one thing I added recently was Catalase XP. It doesn't ONLY contain catalase, which is alleged to keep one's hair from graying but it also has a pretty good list of 'good for you' ingredients, which is one thing that made me decide to go ahead and use it.

https://www.getcatalasexp.com/Catalase-XP-About.dtm

Edited to add:

Regardless of taking several supplements, I was getting some gray strands in the left front portion of my hair and some in my bangs. Those appear to have pretty much gone away (or are a lot less noticeable) since taking the Catalase XP; I've been taking it for about four months now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
OP, I'm not a fan of individual vitamins since it takes more than one to nourish cells. I prefer multis. So if I were considering this supplement, I would find a skin supplement that had it in the mix so I would be getting a lot of other good stuff too.

So, you would be opposed to, say, taking pycnogenol/pine bark extract by itself?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
VeronicaM wrote:

Since once source used for the supplement is rooster combs, I suppose you could eat them as in this curry, Bon-Appetit!

Image And here's the Recipe

That is sooo wrong, lol. There is NO WAY I could ever eat that!
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:

So, you would be opposed to, say, taking pycnogenol/pine bark extract by itself?

Yes. I would rather find a complex that incorporated it with other nutrients if I wanted to take it. Just like I love that food provides a combo of nutrients.

In fact, I prefer a multivitamin/mineral complex for total health to supplement a healthy diet to taking a multi just for skin or just for hair.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:07 am      Reply with quote
angela yes, if you do a search here you'll find the info, it was an EDS craze. Hyaluronic caps plump your lips. I think carekate was the one that found out. At that time lip plumping seemed important.. Wink ....and I recall some members also experimenting with physical methods like suction pumps!

nonieif you ever want to try that curry for dinner, I'll join you. It looks - how to phrase this - interesting.I wonder what the texture is like...
benibenir
5% products discount

Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Is there anything you have found to help the skin more? I was deciding between collagen, HA, and glucosomine....all which claim to help the skin. I try to eat a lot of olive oil, salmon, drink a lot of water, etc.... However, I seem to have deeper wrinkles than most my age and horrid stretch marks from yo yo dieting when I was younger. I'd just like to give my skin some help to prevent things from getting worse as long as possible!
havana8

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Here's the thread catski mentioned on HA: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3625
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:39 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
angela yes, if you do a search here you'll find the info, it was an EDS craze. Hyaluronic caps plump your lips. I think carekate was the one that found out. At that time lip plumping seemed important.. Wink ....and I recall some members also experimenting with physical methods like suction pumps!

I actually take HA and have taken it for some time now and I don't have one iota of "lip plumping" from it. I never was too worried about having 'plump lips' anyway; as long as mine aren't doing the "thinning out from aging" thing, I'm fine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
benibenir wrote:
Is there anything you have found to help the skin more? I was deciding between collagen, HA, and glucosomine....all which claim to help the skin. I try to eat a lot of olive oil, salmon, drink a lot of water, etc.... However, I seem to have deeper wrinkles than most my age and horrid stretch marks from yo yo dieting when I was younger. I'd just like to give my skin some help to prevent things from getting worse as long as possible!

Have you ever thought of using the dermaroller to diminish your stretch marks?
benibenir
5% products discount

Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have, but I've heard it's complicated, and I haven't gotten around to reading all of the threads posted here to figure it out yet!
kkboy1

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
I am taking Isotonix® OPC-3™ Beauty Blend supplements
Antioxidants with Hyaluronic Acid helps to improve my skin condition. Check out at url - smarturl.it/isotonix
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:09 am      Reply with quote
kkboy1 wrote:
I am taking Isotonix® OPC-3™ Beauty Blend supplements
Antioxidants with Hyaluronic Acid helps to improve my skin condition. Check out at url - smarturl.it/isotonix

Did you post about your Facebook/site link?

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Recetly I have bought hyaluronic acid gel for my wife from Amazon. She is using it regularly from 5 days. We are amazed after viewing the results. There were wrinkles all over her face but after using this serum there is huge improvement on here face. It not only has reduced wrinkles but also increased the glow on here face.
Wiil keep you updating with more improvements.

Thanks
Russel
foxy1
5% products discount

Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
alinarussel07 wrote:
Recetly I have bought hyaluronic acid gel for my wife from Amazon. She is using it regularly from 5 days. We are amazed after viewing the results. There were wrinkles all over her face but after using this serum there is huge improvement on here face. It not only has reduced wrinkles but also increased the glow on here face.
Wiil keep you updating with more improvements.

Thanks
Russel

Hi Russel,
I've been looking to buy a good quality hyaluronic acid serum or gel. The one you purchased sounds great, can you share the brand name? Thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |