Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Single Needling With Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Who here has experience with single needling? I found it to be a lot more painful than the 9 cartridge. I do see the benefit in that you can go directly into the lines on the area above the lip, in the crows feet lines, and furrow between brow, however I did notice that for the upper lip area it seemed to make the lines stand out more. As the redness disappeared I figured it would help but I still feel like it made the line worse.

Anyone else have this happen?
Grammalow
5% products discount

Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:34 am      Reply with quote
My lip lines don't yet look better. I'm not sure if they are worse, as much as different. They look like they have "something" in them, and I'm hoping like crazy that it is new skin.

Carolyn's exercise program says that they will get worse before they get better. If I remember, she says they start to flatten out and get wider as they grow in from underneath. I can see a bit of that on my worst line.

I can't remember which of you has pictures in owndoc.com with the Derminator, without looking. Those pictures are my inspiration to possibly look a little worse, and then look better. I'm going to give it until year end, then see how I feel about it. I could completely change my mind.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Wrinklefree,

Developing new collagen takes months, not days. You will look worse while the wrinkles are pink, then certainly no better for a few weeks. But I've had good results with persistence and patience and a healthy diet (plenty of protein, so the body has spare protein for skin).
junerosemac
5% products discount

Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:21 am      Reply with quote
What needle depth are you using? I've been using the derminator since August, but this last few times I went back to shorter needle length because I had a breakout of hives, terrible. So I'm being cautious until my skin thickens a bit. The other day I did my lip lines with 0.5, which I know is not enough, but hopefully in 2 or 3 months I will be back up to 1.00 for the single needle and build up slowly. Even so, despite only going gently, and only doing this for a couple of months, I do see a bit of thickening of the skin, which gives me hope to continue.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it but it definitely takes time to see improvement. My stretchmarks look a world better. Just did my hands last night. I'll have to give a single need a try sometime.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm doing the single needle now with 1.5 or 1.75, and as long as I stick with Vit C and HA just after I'm OK. I do this about every 5 to 6 weeks. After single needling my lip lines look like red stripes and obviously far more noticeable. This takes a few days to lessen, but I am convinced there is a small improvement. I am 7 months on from getting my derminator, and although this is still early, I think the lip lines are not quite as deep. That's good enough to keep me going, as well as the thicker skin I am developing. I have had more compliments this last couple of months so something must be working.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |