Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Exercises for a crooked smile
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
essentialdayspabro
5% products discount

Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Personally my smile is crooked which i think may be caused by uneven lip or around the mouth muscles, can anyone recommend an exercise for improving, and evening out these muscles ?

pardon the spelling
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:57 am      Reply with quote
I have seen quite a few of your posts and you give very little information away about yourself but I suspect that you are young and being over critical of yourself. You have written about your eyes, jawline, ears and now crooked smile. Rarely do the things we see get noticed by others. So I want to encourage you to loosen up about your looks a little. Looks seriously aren’t everything. Yes they count a lot in the media – but you are a living being and so shouldn’t let how you look define and determine the rest of your life.

essentialdayspabro wrote:
Personally my smile is crooked which i think may be caused by uneven lip or around the mouth muscles, can anyone recommend an exercise for improving, and evening out these muscles ?

pardon the spelling
badhairdaytoo
5% products discount

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
You could try the pencil method for retraining your muscles. It's on youtube. I can't post the link here.

Also, I have a similar problem so instead of curling up upper lip when I smile, I try to show more bottom teeth when I smile.

Hope that heps.
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I think that risorius muscle is the one responsible for my slightly crooked smile. I think it can be caused by several other muscles also...
For the risorius, I came up with the following exercise because I didn't find anything efficient for that in the program that I am using.
Basically, I smile from ear to ear (horizontal smile because it engages that muscle), then I put the heels of my hands on my cheeks near the end of my lips and try to pout. I do that slowly, 5-6 repetitions for both sides at the same time. Then, I just put the heel on the side where smile is not as high and do another 5-6 times. That lifts up only that side of mouth, I don't know if I'm explaining it well. I've been doing it daily with my standard facial exercise regimen, and produced visible results for me within a month.
I am not really a facial exercise instructor, this works for me, might not be helpful for others...

Good luck! And definitely, we are our own worst critics and see millions of flaws that nobody else notices! Having a crooked smile can be a part of unique charm too, think of Elvis!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Worth mentioning but it came up some time ago that not everyone has a risorius muscle. Cant recall where I read that but know it was on a few blogs at the time. So it may not be the case for everyone!
maggie_p wrote:
Hi,
I think that risorius muscle is the one responsible for my slightly crooked smile. I think it can be caused by several other muscles also...
For the risorius, I came up with the following exercise because I didn't find anything efficient for that in the program that I am using.
Basically, I smile from ear to ear (horizontal smile because it engages that muscle), then I put the heels of my hands on my cheeks near the end of my lips and try to pout. I do that slowly, 5-6 repetitions for both sides at the same time. Then, I just put the heel on the side where smile is not as high and do another 5-6 times. That lifts up only that side of mouth, I don't know if I'm explaining it well. I've been doing it daily with my standard facial exercise regimen, and produced visible results for me within a month.
I am not really a facial exercise instructor, this works for me, might not be helpful for others...

Good luck! And definitely, we are our own worst critics and see millions of flaws that nobody else notices! Having a crooked smile can be a part of unique charm too, think of Elvis!
badhairdaytoo
5% products discount

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Maggie... I'm not the op, but I think I will try that for my own crooked smile.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
With any problem area its helpful to first identify the causes. You say this is a crooked smile because of your lips, well that may be true but its important first to start observing if you are engaging them in one place particularly or using them very often through your day. Often this is the case with habits - we don't realise how often we do them. Exercises can help to recreate balance but first step is to become aware of possible causes and then seek to address those.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've always have had a crooked smile but then got Invisalign and now that I am half way through, my smile isn't as crooked anymore. So maybe it could be a dental issue like mine. My teeth were in desperate need of straightening though.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |