Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone successfully healed deep smile/laugh lines natura
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Rainbow rain

Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
ive found so many articles on "natural remedies" for deep smile lines. They suggest different things. I've tried so many of those things myself with no results.

I have yet to find someone that can confidently say "I have done this and it worked well for me and created dramatic results"

Is there anyone out there that has experienced a lot of success with something?

Tons of love!!Smile
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Are we talking the nasolabial folds (nose to mouth) or marionette (mouth to chin)? Or both?
Some say they're the same thing but they are distinctively different for me.
There are several things that are helpful.
I do Retin-A, Vit C serum and microneedling for texture and fine lines and the occasional peel. These all help a little with sag too.
Face exercise, face yoga and massage are also helpful but you need to do the complete exercise programs and not just work on one area.

There's also a multitude of at home devices that do yield results.
There's Laser, Microcurrent, high frequency, radio frequency, ultrasound, Led ..
Some people swear by them all and they all use different methods to firm sagging skin or re-train muscle or work on fine lines and texture.
My best results so far have been with microcurrent. Everyone swears by the Pico but so far it's out of my budget (many of the better devices are in the $500-600 range) but I do aim to get one. The Tria (laser) and TiPollar Stop (RF) are also popular around here.
Things like Nuface, Liftwand, dermawand etc are more affordable and popular also.
You can still get results with devices at a fraction of the cost of the higher end devices, though, as I have been shown.

All of this is assuming you want a more natural approach than fillers.

You can also do a search on here and get info on different methods and devices and the results of people that have tried them.
Rainbow rain

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! I am talking specifically about deep laugh lines--but also the nasolibial lines now that you mention it. I suddenly got deep laugh lines after being under an enormous amount of stress for a year and have gotten comments that I look five years older than I am.

Have you seen dramatic results with the things that you suggested?

I have been completely fascinated by studying Chinese face reading. the theory is that each wrinkle is coordinated with a different organ. If you heal the organ you can heal the wrinkle. There isn't much information out there about it, but what I have found has been so interesting. You might think so also?

Thank you so, so, much for taking the time to respond. You have made my day!! Hope your day is just as wonderful Smile
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Rainbow rain wrote:
Hello! I am talking specifically about deep laugh lines--but also the nasolibial lines now that you mention it. I suddenly got deep laugh lines after being under an enormous amount of stress for a year and have gotten comments that I look five years older than I am.

Have you seen dramatic results with the things that you suggested?

I have been completely fascinated by studying Chinese face reading. the theory is that each wrinkle is coordinated with a different organ. If you heal the organ you can heal the wrinkle. There isn't much information out there about it, but what I have found has been so interesting. You might think so also?

Thank you so, so, much for taking the time to respond. You have made my day!! Hope your day is just as wonderful Smile

I've done Chinese facial diagnosis for many years in my practice. I find it's easier to heal a wrinkle than to tell a client to heal their liver, for example.

I would try myofacsial release of the area along with Microcurrent and radio frequency (home use machines work fairly well but you must start out with a series then maintain.). Make sure the skin is well nourished as well. Lymph drainage can help as well. I do something called a buccinator stretch to clients that makes the bottom third of the face and mouth area look a lot better. I did a video on it. Sorry can't remember which one.

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
nycatlover
5% products discount

Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi girltwocb

Thanks for the info. I am interested in the the buccinator stretch technique. I tried but cannot find it in your youtube videos, can you please describe the technique?

Thank you!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |