Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Inner Face Massage by Nichola Joss anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Grammalow, so you're pushing/"scraping" only on the inside with no pressure from the outside? I've been using fingers outside to help with the pressure inside... lol, whoever reads this out of context!!!! Laughing

I found this video interesting, it is the only one I've found uptil now that actually shows a little bit of "buccal massage".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eATzRcmxsCk
Grammalow
5% products discount

Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Nice find, Atester! You could see a little of what he does!

Now that I'm home and can stick my fingers in my mouth....I'm realizing I am either holding on the outside or pressing against my fingers on the outside. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to apply much pressure on the inside. I'm going to do that again in a bit, and then try to do both at the same time.

In that video, if I remember correctly, when he did the upper lip it looks kind of like I'm describing. (Now I can't remember, maybe I'm wrong.) On the lower lip and chin, it's just the opposite. He has his fingers inside, massaging outside. I massage inside, against my fingers outside.

I'm finding Deborah Crowley and Loulou were right. Handling your skin is good. I had started doing some of their stuff again, and my skin is getting thicker and firmer. I especially like it covering my jaw bone. It no longer feels bony. And with pressure reps, I'm getting a nice bony ridge around my eye/cheek bone.

But with the buccal message, you can just let go and watch those suckers lift right up your face.
Grammalow
5% products discount

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Forgive my highjacking of this topic.

First, I did the technique I described above. My fingers on the outside are mostly just to hold or press against. The massage is pushing everything up into the cheek and over into the jaw.

Do any of you sew? Have you ever pushed fabric along gathering threads? That is how I would describe what I tried next. I hooked my finger in my mouth with the same side hand, to hold and anchor my cheek with thumb and finger. Then with the thumb on the inside and the
finger on the outside, with the opposite hand I pushed and "gathered" the skin and muscle up and into the cheek, pressing hard between my thumb and finger. Then I held above and did the same up from the jaw. I tried pushing down, but didn't like how it looked.

First impression is I really did some work. My mouth looked lifted. Real test will be what I see tomorrow.

I finished with Joss' jawline and cheek movements, and I'm going to do a little of the Su-Man and colorbone massage of the 47 year old teenager.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
After Nicola's assistant appeared here she vanished. I did message her as per her message but nada. Guess she just came on here to make a fast buck and then went off. Understand the info isn't anything about the facial how to but rather about Nicola's prices and background only - so much for information.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
After Nicola's assistant appeared here she vanished. I did message her as per her message but nada. Guess she just came on here to make a fast buck and then went off. Understand the info isn't anything about the facial how to but rather about Nicola's prices and background only - so much for information.

I would not dwell on that, no point as I see it. Let's get a move on with our own discoveries!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Oh My, what absolutely wonderful info!

As usual, ATester, I am thrilled with this massage techniques as I am with the other techniques you have introduced to EDS (still incorporate them all with measurably positive results)

The buccal massage portion of the video you posted with the therapist in Israel is exciting. I have watched that portion of the video over and over. I also like the structural massage he uses/teaches too. There is a teaching video where his students do the structural massage techniques over and over so I am also attempting to incorporate those techniques as well.

I emailed him at the address at the end of the video you posted since he said he wanted to expand to US.

I like that he must be teaching his technique to his clients as well as doing the massages, since one of his clients (the forty year old woman in the video) said that as a client you can participate in the results by practicing at home.
I inquired if he might be available for a Skype session where he can show his techniques to clients who cant get to Israel to use for diy home massage.

I will see whether or not I hear back from him.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Grammalow, I am also thrilled at the posts you have made on this thread and on other threads, as well.

I am especially 'taken' with the info you gave about Dr. Mike Mew on another thread. Although it is not directly related to the 'buccal' or inner facial massage it is still indirectly related, imo, because he is dealing with the inner mouth, tongue, jaw, cheeks etc with his positioning of the tongue, teeth, lips.

His technique is literally miraculous in instantaneously changing the 'look' of the face. I can hardly wait to see results as I follow his recommendations.

I have not studied your personal techniques for the buccal massage yet but they seem more intense and focused then what I had been doing.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
nycatlover
5% products discount

Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I found this link

http://en.fitnessmassage.co.il/massage-courses
Grammalow
5% products discount

Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad everyone keeps finding all these articles and videos!

Let me know how you progress with the tongue positioning. I couldn't believe it could make such a difference.

It looks like two of my six grandchildren are going to need braces. I want to convince my daughters to get their kids to try this, and see if it can help. It will be hard to get a kid to do it.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
nycatlover wrote:
I found this link

http://en.fitnessmassage.co.il/massage-courses

Oh wow! Great link Nycatlover!!

Searching in it this came up, probably what you already saw...
http://en.fitnessmassage.co.il/sculptural-facial-massage
Grammalow
5% products discount

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I would have posted another link, but I assumed that anyone interest in Yakov's videos had looked at more. He has another short one (about four minutes) where he is doing massage from above, and using his fingers to lightly stroke up on the forehead and cheeks. Then he pinches/smooshes from one side all the way across the lips from one side to the other. Then he pulls the skin up from around the mouth and forms it into the cheek.

I didn't think there was any way possible those first two things could have an impact. They do! First you have to figure out how to turn your hands upside down to stroke your own face. It's not easy, but worth it. I know my husband would do this if I asked him, but not as often as I would want it done. Might as well figure it out myself.

So here is what I have tried and liked the results. Joss' jaw massage with finger hooks, then Yakov's stroking on cheeks. Then the lip thing, and pushing the skin into the cheeks. Then Joss' cheek thing where you make a V with your thumb and fingers and push up on your cheeks. It all gives a very nice look.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
OK Grammalow, I am seriously thinking that we should take lessons from you!!!…it seems like you have a natural eye/intuition for perceiving how to successfully do this.

I will look at this 4 minute video (I didn't yet look at all his videos) and then try to follow through with what you are doing.

Grammalow
5% products discount

Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry if I appear lazy! I don't mind doing a quick reply at lunch at work. I feel bad about searching for videos. Here the one by Yakov. The cheek stroking starts around 1:30, but it's hard to argue with anything he is doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoYrWVdGuuo

This is the one by Nichola Joss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMG2Qjr8CFg

I'm just using what everyone else is posting! I know what works on my face, but other people may find that different things work on their faces. I have to use techniques that work the skin and muscles, without depleting too much fat. Someone else may want just the opposite. I'm posting what I find helpful in case it helps someone else.

I started to start a thread that says "Thank you for my face - and you have cost me a fortune!" I started thinking about all the things I do that I have learned here. It's a pretty long (and expensive) list.

Actually what I like about all these exercise and massage techniques is that they are sustainable long term. And by that I mean I don't have to keep purchasing products to maintain results. I read on the Ageless website that Loulou no longer buys expensive creams. Her techniques are keeping her skin young. I hope when I get my skin texture where I want it, I will have worked on the infrastructure enough that I can do the same. By the way, I haven't been able to access her website lately. Has anyone else had that problem?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
You know before I taught facial exercises I was (and still am) a masseur and one of the things I was privileged to learn was a form of accupressure. I have taught many people to do massage but always used to encourage clients to massage their gums and place their fingertips on accupressure points in the mouth as it just is so amazing the tension that you can feel and sometimes see being released.

Now one of the things that I often tell people about is to place their finger tips on the gum area just above each tooth for a couple of seconds. Literally its just placing the finger there - not pressing or pushing into the gum just resting the fingerpads on the area above the tooth and you do this along the whole jawline. Its especially good to do if you have had any teeth removed (like wisdom teeth) to just rest the finger there. The heat and energy from your fingertip starts to stimulate the tissue there and it feels relaxing to do. Often times we lock tension into those areas and its not one thats often touched so when you start to place the finger tips there it wakes up that part of the face.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks SeanySeanUK for the reminder about massaging the gums. I used to do it regularly in the shower but, like so many other things I started to do, I got lazy and stopped doing it. I'll begin again!

Are there any acupressure DVDs or books you recommend?

Cheers, Bess
Grammalow
5% products discount

Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad you asked, Bessie. And thanks for the info SeanySeanUK. I Googled accupressure for the mouth last night. I got a lot of pictures, but most were of other things. There are a couple of videos I plan to watch tonight.

I love doing accurpressure on my face. Sometimes I even take a break at my desk at work and go over all the points. Seems like the mouth is a logical place to add.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:47 am      Reply with quote
There isn't really any specifics - all the ones I've seen are good intros but to be honest have you ever noticed during times of stress or business that you find yourself rubbing a particular area of your face - thats where you are in communion with your body and you release the stress naturally.
Bessie wrote:

Cheers, Bess

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
There isn't really any specifics - all the ones I've seen are good intros but to be honest have you ever noticed during times of stress or business that you find yourself rubbing a particular area of your face - thats where you are in communion with your body and you release the stress naturally.
Bessie wrote:

Cheers, Bess

Hi SeanySeanUK, thanks for the gum massage advice, never thought of that before so trying it out and liking it, I'm also interested in any other recommendations. And also, have you any advice about massaging the cheeks from the inside? Holding acupressure points only or holding and "stretching/pulling" the muscles like in a Eva Fraser manner which would be more like "facial exercise" (mixed with acupressure points?)? Any insights are welcome!! Smile
mahi75
5% products discount

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:47 am      Reply with quote
I have read all the posts on this board about Buccal massage.I have watched many buccal massageyoutube videos but need to learn it properly.
I was wondering if some one found any video or teacher to learn it properly for face lifting?
Please share how you doing it and what are the results?
Also i need to know if it is okay to do if some one already has slim face and want to have the lift face muscles?
I have heard you lose the fat on cheek area by doing it?
Is there some one can recommend a proper video or describe step by step to follow PLEASE.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I don't think there is a video I've seen that demos the technique yet but I'm always on the look out for one. I don't know if its taught anywhere other than what you have probably already seen.

If you have a slim face, I think it should be okay to do the massage, as its not about removing fat but about lifting the muscles.
mahi75 wrote:
I have read all the posts on this board about Buccal massage.I have watched many buccal massageyoutube videos but need to learn it properly.
I was wondering if some one found any video or teacher to learn it properly for face lifting?
Please share how you doing it and what are the results?
Also i need to know if it is okay to do if some one already has slim face and want to have the lift face muscles?
I have heard you lose the fat on cheek area by doing it?
Is there some one can recommend a proper video or describe step by step to follow PLEASE.
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Anyone doing any inner, lifting facial massage that you love the results of? I am looking into this, but trying to find something to move lymph and encourage lift but not burn fat.

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |