Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
LGerber

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone else out there use/love Jane Iredale products?
I've been using their pressed powder for ages, haven't found another that even comes close. Also their bronzers and blush are some of my favourites.

I'm not all that thrilled with their lipsticks, but i've recently started using their eyeshadows and i'm very pleased.

I heard the store where I buy them just got in the new JI BB Creams, has anyone tried them yet? I'm excited and hope they work well!
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I don't care for the BB cream because they are very thick and the coverage is heavy. But I love just about everything else!

I bought the nude shadow kit and love all the light colors. The eye gloss is lovely also. I use the powder and just ordered the liquid minerals.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I think BB Creams is best choice for you. because of i also using that cream and it have no any bad effect on skin. And i got great result after using this cream.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I like the BB cream to cover up some pigmentation and acne scaring. I couldn't use it over my entire face as I agree it's thick. Only a tiny bit is needed and best to put on with a brush, sponge application made it cakey on me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I really like their pressed powder and the loose powder as well. I find their powders cover up red marks really well.

AND - their Forever Pink Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain is very, very nice.

I would like to know about the circle delete product. Can anyone provide some details on that?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
It is a fairly thick concealer with 2 shades per container. You need a brush to apply, it would be to thick to apply with fingers or sponge. It has good coverage but I struggle with matching the color to people. I probably don't spend enough time mixing the 2 colors.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie - do they recommend a special brush to apply the concealer with? I would think I would need to get matched up to a specific color too. I wouldn't know which one to get otherwise.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
There are only 3 color choice pots. Yellow, peach and gold/brown. Each pot has 2 shades in it. The idea is to mix a little of each side to get your exact shade.
http://shop.janeiredale.com/products/concealers/15003-circledeleter-concealer.htm

I love the concealer brush, it is thin and very soft.
http://shop.janeiredale.com/products/18002/camouflage-brush.htm

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:07 am      Reply with quote
I used Jane Iredale pressed powder for years and it was one of my favourite MMUs. I still like it but as with most skincare/makeup items I just wanted to try something new. I now use PUR Minerals pressed MMU when I travel, and just loose MMU powder on a daily basis. Very happy with PUR and I dare say that the shade suits me a bit better.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
I began using the Jane Iredale BB cream after using the mineral powder for two years. This is the first time in my life that I have used a foundation or mineral powder. I really like the BB cream blotted with the pressed compact over it. I never could tolerate foundation but for the first time have found a foundation (JI BB) that I enjoy using. I also like the cream eye shadows. My compact blush fell apart in the container, so annoying. It is inconvenient but I will use it up and then try the cream blush.

I was instructed to use a small dab of the BB spread on the forehead, upper cheeks and elsewhere and this is effective. It also smoothes out my skin tone and has sunscreen.

I just ordered my second circle 1 concealer. I only recently began wearing concealer but have tried half a dozen and this has worked best for me. It creases a bit but that probably has to do with my application (finger).

Overall, I was not much into makeup all these years but after trying the Jane Iredale products, I enjoy wearing make-up.

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
LinnyBee
5% products discount

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I was just on looking for some truly "natural" skin care products that actually work when I spotted this thread. I have Jane Iredale eye pencils and the Purelash Thickener & Conditioner and I'm very happy with both. The lash product really makes your lashes look double in thickness (under mascara) and I haven't had problems removing it or having it flake. Now that I'm reading all the comments on other products in the range, I'm very tempted to try them, especially the concealer. I'm looking for something with the coverage & staying power of the Art Deco brand I have right now. It sounds like this could fit the bill. Thanks!

5% products discount

Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Love JI stuff too

Pressed powder is by far my favourite product, it goes on so well, gives great coverage, and I love that its SPF25.

I like their lip plumpers a lot too...my medispa always has really tiny samples of them and so I have tons in all my purses/coats for on-the-go.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I like the lip gloss colors, they can really make the lip colors POP! For whatever reason, my spa doesn't carry samples. I wish we did, especially of the Lip Drink.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Been using JI products for years now, they work so well and I love that they're all-natural and keep my skin healthy and fresh. I like their blush (whisper and parfait are my favourite) and their lipsticks are also pretty good (kim is my favourite). I've never tried the lip plumpers or gloss though, will have to look into it!

Oh and I LOVE the cream-to-powder eyeliners, they work so well and never flake off and give the cleanest lines without mess. The Handi Brush is also my favoruite makeup brush of all time, the perfect little travel buddy!
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I think I am the only person that does not like the pressed powder. I have the handi brush and the esthetician that sold it to me explained how to use it. I bought it because I liked how it looked immediately after apllying it. But as the day goes by, It dries out my skin and doesn't look good at all.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I love the handi brush, as well as the eye shadow palettes. I have a bunch of them, and the quality of the shadow is just wonderful. I haven't had luck at all with their face products, though--like several people mention above, I found the BB cream to wear like a really heavy foundation. It made my skin take on the appearance of clay!

I also found that the mineral powders turned darker after a few hours of wear, and haven't been that impressed with the tinted moisturizer, which tends to go off easily, either.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
JI Pure Pressed has been my favorite for years...nothing else looks more natural on my skin...it erases my years.

Apparently, I have a unique skin tone (not quite pink, not quite "linen")....JI Pure Pressed Natural is an ideal shade for me.

It is high quality stuff.

BFG
blondehart
5% products discount

Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I've used JI pressed powder for years...on & off. I like to try other things & gave the BB creams a whirl, but I always go back to my handi brush & powder. I also have the bronzed in a tube but the brush applicator isn't great.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
To add to the discussion regarding concealer, I've been using RMS un-coverup for several years now and have been very impressed with it. I provides me with good buildable coverage that can be applied easily with fingers or a brush. I use it on my undereye area and on the occasional spot or red mark elsewhere on my face.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:33 am      Reply with quote
New lip glosses are now available from Jane Iredale. The formula is not as sticky and they smell like fruit candy. The tube is longer and there is more product in them!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:53 am      Reply with quote
The BB cream is good in coverage and even the skin tone but feel quite thick.
mariejj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:38 am      Reply with quote
At of you tried both chantecaille and jane iredale loose powder? Which one do you think is better?
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the Jane Irdale loose powder for years, until they reformulated the product and the colours changed for the worse. I now use the pressed yet it's not my favourite. Although, compared to other companies their products are far higher quality than other companies out there.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I got the BB cream in 01. You apply a pea size and it covers your whole face and perfect for those non-good skin days.

I use a buffer brush and it does an excellent job of flawless look. I purchased mine one year ago and I have a lot left that will most likely last another year.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I love JI Powder-Me SPF, blush, eyeshadow. They blend in and look very natural.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |