Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Help: Retinol, serum, acids, etc w/ red light therapy device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
traincase

Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Got started late in the game. I'm a 40 skincare newbie with fair skin, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, puffy under eyes (I get 7+ hours sleep per night).

I religiously apply SPF 50, before going outside. My friends call me the SPF Queen, I'm always asking if they have SPF on, and if not. I will pull a tube of SPF out of my purse.

I've ordered a DPL red light therapy device. Before I get started using it. Was wondering can I use creams, serums, acids, etc and stiff use a DPL red light therapy device?

Niacinamide
Vitamin C Serum 22% for Anti-Aging, Wrinkles, Fine Lines, Acne, Sun and Age Spots - Also has 2.5% Retinol + 20% Hyaluronic Acid + 2.5%

Niacinamide
Vitamin B3 Cream Serum 5%.

Body Merry
Eye Gel Cream for Dark Circles, Puffiness, Wrinkles - Vitamin C + Matrixyl 3000 + Hyaluronic Acid + MSM + Peptides + Plant Stem Cells

Bella Joi Puffy Bags Under Eyes Treatment.

*Always extremely grateful for suggestions, tips, comments, recs, product recs, etc..*

Originally posted in the skincare main forum asked there. Posted originally in the wrong forum, sorry.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:33 am      Reply with quote
I think you're asking if you can do these serums in conjunction with the red light therapy and it's my understanding that you should avoid acids at the same time. Those are all good serums but that would exclude the ones with Vit c and retinal while using the treatment.

You can do a search on here for many threads that have suggestions of what other people use. Peptides are good and there have been studies using green tea.

Everyone ages differently but I don't think 40 is that late to get more proactive with skin care. Sometimes I see some people get too aggressive at too young an age.
I would say for myself that I barely looked different at 40 than I did at 30. But it was somewhere in the mid to late 40s that I really begin to notice a change. This was subtle and nothing totally dramatic like my face falling apart or anything. I was only mildly concerned with my skin care at the time and really begin to notice a change in pictures I saw of myself. All of a sudden I noticed that I no longer always took a good picture automatically as I had when younger. I appeared a little more haggard. On closer inspection I noticed that it had to do with a drooping starting around the eyes (particularly the upper lids) and around the mouth and jawline area.
So unless you will automatically default to fillers and a face lift you might want to look into things like face exercises, derma rollers as preventatives. And, of course, there's a multitude of devices that can be handy.
There's a lot of good advice on here if you want to look around.
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:14 am      Reply with quote
When I was researching LED therapy, I read through the Anti-Aging LightStim thread, which is very informative, and also very long. Kassy_A got really great results and I found her advice and input to be extremely informative. If I remember correctly, she was very active on that thread, and many members turned to her for guidance with LED therapy. She has a post (it's the 12th one down) on page 6 of the thread, and she talks about using Vitamin C serum and Retin-A (she was using both with LED):

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29297&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=125

Also, see her post on page 14 (the 12th one down):

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29297&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=325

The Anti-Aging LightStim has red and infrared like the DPL, but it also has amber lights. I think the advice for the AALS crosses over for the DPL, and any answers regarding LED can most likely be found in that thread. Hope this helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:14 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to add that I'm not trying to not answer your question; I just haven't really used my LED consistently yet because I am still trying to figure out skin protocols myself. (I have a huge bookmark folder for EDS so I can access what topicals go with which tool. I'm always forgetting). I'm really glad you asked, though, because when I did use the LED light I only remembered to use copper peptides and then moisturize after. I forgot which actives were OK until I looked it up when I read your question.
I used the DPL on wounds that were healing, and never got around to daily use for pigmentation and anti-aging. Maybe now I will. Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |