Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

quizzing any Rex Kara expert!???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
packofdogsmom
5% products discount

Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Hello again!

Researching, I find two models of Rex Kara II, one says wireless, the other doesn't. I cannot find any other difference, but maybe I am missing something?

Those of you who use it, which would you advise one should get, if one is determined to get one?

I would appreciate any feedback: I am finding eds is a veritable fountain of good information!
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I've never seen one that is not wireless. Mine can be used wirelessly, and it comes with a cord so you can keep using it if it loses the charge. I only use it wirelessly. I wish all my tools were wireless; I would use them more. Which sites are you looking on?

5% products discount

Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Actually, Amazon has both.

Sears shows only the wireless, at a higher price than Amazon.
packofdogsmom
5% products discount

Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Ah!
I found another difference!

The wireless comes with a Korean manual, the non-wireless comes with an English manual - definitely an advantage!

Very Happy
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:52 am      Reply with quote
The ones on Amazon are both wireless. Mine is exactly the same as the one that does not have "wireless" in the name. Here is the link for the manual:

http://www.rexkara.de/index.php/en/press-events-brochures/brochures-user-manuals

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:02 am      Reply with quote
They are also on ebay for much less, and they are new. I thought the Amazon price was pretty high.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:53 am      Reply with quote
The link above really describes how to use each mode for specific results. This link is for the actual unit manual (it's the same one I received with mine):

http://www.ahrong.com/tag/manual/RII_manual_US.pdf

Just in case you want to check it out before ordering...

5% products discount

Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:55 am      Reply with quote
thank you soooooooooooooooo very much for your information, piscesgirlrenee!!!!!

It is so nice to acquire knowledge in this forum!
packofdogsmom
5% products discount

Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Forgive me if this has already been dealt with in other forums....

I got my Rex Kara!!!!..... and have a question for Rex Kara experts: the serums used in program 2 or 3, should they be only non-oil-based?

I have vit C (and camu ) based serums,,

and I have oil based tetra C based serums...

(I am not referring to program 1, with their gel, that is apart)

I would be very grateful for any insight provided!
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I believe you're only supposed to use water-based serums, and since the ultrasound deeply penetrates the ingredients, try not to use any irritating chemicals that you don't want pushed into the lower layers of the skin. I like to mix water-based vitamin C serum with Le Mieux O2 Calming Gel or hyaluronic acid serum.

5% products discount

Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
packofdogsmom
5% products discount

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:57 am      Reply with quote
...I see!

I made an exclusively water-based serum of vit C and hyaluronic acid, but I now see the need to add something during program 2 & 3, just so the "machine" keeps gliding, otherwise one ends up with too much vit C/HA at one time...

I found a Rose (damascene) water distillate in the local Whole Foods store: would spraying this be just as good as the calming gel ?

Could one use aloe vera gel?

or green tea extract?

I truly appreciate your feedback, which I take very seriously!

It is all a learning process, and I like learning, even at my age!
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Rose water, green tea, and aloe are all good. I do seem to recall some members writing that aloe's not good to use because it can be drying. I've used it before with no problem. I prefer to spritz over my serum and gel as they dry. I make a spray of distilled water, salt, and glycerin. There's a conductive spray recipe from Kassy here on the forum:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6504014#6504014

and also Kassy's conductive gel recipe:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6468231#6468231

The second link is to a short thread with some good info for ultrasound.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
So, just to give an observation / feedback:

First, I used only my vit C/hyaluronic acid serum (that I made...), and I think I must have made it a bit too "strong", because three days of Rex Kara, and my skin peeled like crazy!

....I guess I went a bit overboard, as I usually do!

...on the positive side, when I went out with my friend and her mother (and the peeling was all gone by then), they asked me what am I using, to look younger!

But then I took advice, and used just a tiny bit of that serum, but with aloe vera gel, SKB, and green tea extract....,
wiping off the excess once I finished programs 2 and 3, and then moisturizing.

...I think now I may be on the right track!?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |