Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Women over 60 and facial exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Do any of you women over 60 who have done or currently do facial exercises, do you feel Facial exercising really works to curtail the sagging and wrinkles at this age? Or, do you think you need something else like a facelift to keep things firm?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I turned to facial exercises in my 50’s when I had lost a lot of excess weight and gone back to being healthy and my face had major sagging from the rapid weightloss. I’m not in my mid-60s and swear facial exercises for me are something I wish I started sooner. I have used Retin A for 30 years, but for me the exercises really do make a big impact. I have friends who are in the same age group and do them too and we all swear by them. If I go a time of not doing them, I see things heading south and it motivates me to get back up and do them!
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
That's good to know. I just turned 50 and would like to start a program but there are so many out there to choose from. How do you know which one is right for you?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I think the simple answer is you have to work through them all till you find one you like, or you do each one for a while and then do the exercises that work for you. I have done them for 10 plus years and do no one single program, but do exercises from all the ones that I liked and enjoyed and gave me results.
Ollie wrote:
That's good to know. I just turned 50 and would like to start a program but there are so many out there to choose from. How do you know which one is right for you?
newera
5% products discount

Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I started facial exercises eight years ago when I was 62, and I bless the day I did so. Of course I don't look 21 anymore - or even 40 - but I know from other people's comments that I don't look anywhere near my age. More importantly, I'm happy with the way I look.

It's not really possible to know in advance which programme is going to suit you, so you'll have to do some homework by looking at the various websites and gleaning what information you can. You can find some of the main programmes on EDS. If time is of the essence for you, you'll want to know how long it will take you to complete the full set of exercises, and how many times a week you would need to do them. Bear in mind,though, that facial exercises require patience and long-term commitment - but the benefits are so, so worth it. Also check out the customer service, as you'll probably have lots of questions you'll want to ask. From my own personal experience, Carolyn Cleaves, founder of Carolyn's Facial Fitness, is way out in front when it comes to customer service - even before you've actually bought her programme! She is totally customer-orientated. Also, her website is a mine of information.

If you want to dip a toe in the water without spending any money, you could try Tom Hagerty's 'Shape Your Face', and/or Tonya Zavasta's Natural Facelift massage. If you look up Tonya Zavasta on YouTube, you'll see all her videos.

If you want to look better the natural way, I would say - take the plunge and try facial exercises!
newera
5% products discount

Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I can post links, but I'll try.

http://www.shapeyourface.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHQV4AedIF0
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the poster to try them but also want to share that her experience isn’t equal to everyone’s. One young lady post some time ago about issues she had with CFF, and almost every program out there has its fans and its mediocre reviews so am just mentioning that for caution. I hate to have people read a review like that, sign up for a program and then get the opposite and think its just them! Carolyn is only human after all and so some have found her to be unsympathic. Am just sharing that for info. Also I didn’t find her program that great. It was a combo of other programs that I had used and recognized.
newera wrote:
Also check out the customer service, as you'll probably have lots of questions you'll want to ask. From my own personal experience, Carolyn Cleaves, founder of Carolyn's Facial Fitness, is way out in front when it comes to customer service - even before you've actually bought her programme! She is totally customer-orientated. Also, her website is a mine of information.
exotic.intoxication
5% products discount

Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
My mum is 60 and I am trying to convince her to start facial exercises but she doesn't think it will do anything for her lower face/neck and wants a facelift.

I convinced her to do a microcurrent treatment as I got good results, and after only one treatment she says she definitely notices reduced wrinkling and sagging in her neck. As microcurrent also stimulates exercises, I believe you can reduce the sag/wrinkling through facial exercises even if you start late. It just takes longer to respond, that's all!
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Whilst not 60 (yet) I have had pleasure of working with quite a few women in their 60’s and 70’s and even 80’s. Many of them started out by saying they were going to do it in private (not telling people) and see if they work and if they did they would share with all their friends. The interesting thing I have always giggled about is that they start out, see some changes and then when I remind them of what they have said they tell me that they want to keep it as their little secret. It is quite amusing to me now.

For people who don’t think exercises will do anything for them, usually they become a little swayed by seeing photos. Some websites have before/afters some don’t. Usually that helps but of course is by no means a guarantee.

Microcurrent doesn’t stimulate exercises. It works for some not all, but to compare it is a bit like comparing fruit and vegetables and saying they are the same. Microcurrent doesn’t (to my knowledge yet) stimulate bone, stimulate connective tissue. It does stimulate circulation and skin and muscles but the stimulation to the muscles is very different to that which would be stimulated by resistance exercises.

Provided a person is still living and breathing exercises can (again in my opinion) be a huge benefit and create changes. Often with my clients in those ages they achieve drastic results which seem to take a little longer than younger folk simply because they are undoing damaged tissue, strengthening and revitalizing the whole face. So much so that younger folk are often jealous of them (its interesting as often times younger folk seem to respond faster with smaller changes, but its the older folk who have more dramatic changes longer term).

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |