Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
"Science" behind copper peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
dogstar wrote:
I, for one, am glad to see the EPA has reigned in the Skin biology website.

The EPA? Did you mean the FDA?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
dogstar wrote:

definitely the FDA, per their website message:

Quote:
Website Page Under Re-Construction

The FDA is requiring Skin Biology to separate the science information from the website that sells our products.

Below are 30 pages on the science of regenerative copper peptides. We expect to add many more over the next few weeks.

This is from the newsletter I got this morning:

Quote:
WEB CHANGES
Please remember that our main website is nowwww.reverseskinaging.com Have you had a chance to visit and become familiar with the re-design?

You'll find your favorite products as well as exclusive offers and tips from other clients and Skin Biology consultants. Be sure to bookmarkwww.reverseskinaging.com for product suggestions for all your skin and hair care needs.

Our other websites will now be dedicated to background information, scientific studies and references.

As mentioned in our previous newsletter we had to separate a lot of the scientific literature from our shopping cart site as required by FDA. We are still making the science available but it will be posted on all our other sites.

For example,www.bioheal.com will now be focused on sensitive skin, eczema, and diabetic skin concerns. It contains information about how copper peptides may help those conditions.

Our website atwww.skinbiology.com now features more recent published articles.

Another example,www.calypsos-oil.com focuses on pheromones and scents that affect behavior.

Again if you'd like to order our award winning Folligen or Super Cop 2x please visit our shopping site:www.reverseskinaging.com.

And we are hard at work with the redesign of the other websites (www.scar-reduction.com,www.folligen.com,www.skinbio.com, etc) that you've enjoyed for many years. Very soon you'll be able to find your favorite info in a more user-friendly updated format. Thank you for your patience.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
The forum is still up and running, it is the web sites selling that are being reconfigured.

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/frm/f/5220011852

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi bethany, I knew she probably meant FDA. I'm really wondering why the poster thinks that the Skin Bio website needs to be reigned in. Does the poster have a dislike of CPS or think that SB makes outrageous claims?
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've been reading on skin bio forum lately. it seems many people eagerly tried cp for scars and only stoney and maxxC reported good results. No other users said cp worked on their scars.

Also that forum is heavily edited. I noticed when people post negative comments of cp or express their doubts, their posts are quickly deleted from the forum. If you don't get on that forum often, you wouldn't be able to see those posts before they got deleted.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw this.

Why do you think they are being forced to talk scientific claims off their website?

--avalange

bethany wrote:
packratmack wrote:
dogstar wrote:

Quote:

The FDA is requiring Skin Biology to separate the science information from the website that sells our products.

Below are 30 pages on the science of regenerative copper peptides. We expect to add many more over the next few weeks.

Quote:
WEB CHANGES
Please remember that our main website is nowwww.reverseskinaging.com Have you had a chance to visit and become familiar with the re-design?

You'll find your favorite products as well as exclusive offers and tips from other clients and Skin Biology consultants. Be sure to bookmarkwww.reverseskinaging.com for product suggestions for all your skin and hair care needs.

Our other websites will now be dedicated to background information, scientific studies and references.

As mentioned in our previous newsletter we had to separate a lot of the scientific literature from our shopping cart site as required by FDA. We are still making the science available but it will be posted on all our other sites.

For example,www.bioheal.com will now be focused on sensitive skin, eczema, and diabetic skin concerns. It contains information about how copper peptides may help those conditions.

Another example,www.calypsos-oil.com focuses on pheromones and scents that affect behavior.

Again if you'd like to order our award winning Folligen or Super Cop 2x please visit our shopping site:www.reverseskinaging.com.

And we are hard at work with the redesign of the other websites (www.scar-reduction.com,www.folligen.com,www.skinbio.com, etc) that you've enjoyed for many years. Very soon you'll be able to find your favorite info in a more user-friendly updated format. Thank you for your patience.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I remember seeing somewhere cp didn't pass FDA test for improving blemish/scars. This may be why skin bio is not allowed by FDA to claim their cp products reduce scars on the shopping cart site.....
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:24 am      Reply with quote
avalange - SB is not the only company required to do this. It's just that SB is one of the few companies that actually offers science related to their products. They were told by the FDA to just separate the two on different websites. I can't remember the actual reason, but if I find out, I'll report back.

avalange wrote:
I just saw this.

Why do you think they are being forced to talk scientific claims off their website?

--avalange

bethany wrote:
packratmack wrote:
dogstar wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
WEB CHANGES

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:29 am      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
I remember seeing somewhere cp didn't pass FDA test for improving blemish/scars. This may be why skin bio is not allowed by FDA to claim their cp products reduce scars on the shopping cart site.....

Wrong, newusernew. Please stop saying things that are not true.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:32 am      Reply with quote
foxe,

So glad to see you here. I've been looking everywhere for proof that cp reduces scars, there're not many people reported back saying cp is effective at removing scars.

In your case, how long did it take you to see improvement?

I PMed MaxxC on skin bio forum a few weeks ago, no response.

Skin bio furum has been diligently deleting post with negative comments lately.

Ive been using ghk-cu and supercop 2x for six weeks, no change on scars.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:39 am      Reply with quote
newuser - ask me on the CP thread. This one is for the 'science' behind them instead.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Here's where I found it

The first generation products designed around GHK-Copper performed well in many controlled tests, however, the products failed in FDA clinical trials on the healing of very difficult-to-heal human wounds (as have many other approaches). The actions of GHK-Cu are limited by its fragility and tendency toward breakdown and also its lack of adhesion to the skin surface.

http://www.skinbiology.ca/main.php?p=544
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:45 am      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
Here's where I found it

The first generation products designed around GHK-Copper performed well in many controlled tests, however, the products failed in FDA clinical trials on the healing of very difficult-to-heal human wounds (as have many other approaches). The actions of GHK-Cu are limited by its fragility and tendency toward breakdown and also its lack of adhesion to the skin surface.

http://www.skinbiology.ca/main.php?p=544

Quote:
I remember seeing somewhere cp didn't pass FDA test for improving blemish/scars.

The FDA failure has nothing to do with healing of blemish/scars, newusernew. As it says above, the FDA clinical trial failed. It was being tested as a wound healing agent. It only means it could not be promoted for clinical use in wound treatments. And, it only failed at a certain point in the trial - like in the early stages when certain enzymes are present. This discovery lead Dr Pickart to develop the 2nd generations copper peptides that would be more breakdown resistant. It was a good thing to discover as the newer CPs are excellent for scar repair.(so is the GHK one, but it is more fragile, so you have to be careful what you apply it with)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if they can have articles on a different site, but not link them to the products if the articles are not specific to the products...since wound healing is not the same as the cosmetic usage?

I would like to know what the specific FDA rule is that they must comply with...I am sure SB was told. Hopefully someone can share that.

Editing to add: Nia24 has tons of science about their specific patented niacin ingredient on their website, but it is related to the usage of the product in the same manner that they are selling it. (sun protection, pigmentation reduction)

foxe wrote:
avalange - SB is not the only company required to do this. It's just that SB is one of the few companies that actually offers science related to their products. They were told by the FDA to just separate the two on different websites. I can't remember the actual reason, but if I find out, I'll report back.

avalange wrote:
I just saw this.

--avalange

bethany wrote:
packratmack wrote:
dogstar wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
WEB CHANGES

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for clarifying, Bethany, that makes sense!

--avalange

bethany wrote:
I wonder if they can have articles on a different site, but not link them to the products if the articles are not specific to the products...since wound healing is not the same as the cosmetic usage?

I would like to know what the specific FDA rule is that they must comply with...I am sure SB was told. Hopefully someone can share that.

Editing to add: Nia24 has tons of science about their specific patented niacin ingredient on their website, but it is related to the usage of the product in the same manner that they are selling it. (sun protection, pigmentation reduction)

foxe wrote:

avalange wrote:
I just saw this.

--avalange

bethany wrote:
packratmack wrote:
dogstar wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
WEB CHANGES

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Soi Dog

Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:50 am      Reply with quote
So folks, it's mid 2013 - are we using copper peptides or not?

Apart from the confounding & somewhat financially invested scientific information flying about in various quarters, both first and second generation CP's are now available to all formulators so:
What about anacdotal evidence, there should be a mountain of it by now.
1st or 2nd gen' CP's, either/or, combinations - is there a consensus anywhere?
Are you skin smart girls using or not? - should I continue?

Thanks
Soi Dog
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:11 am      Reply with quote
not too sure this is the correct place, so sorry if not!

Just to say,
I have been using GHK for over 2yrs and love it while not having scars its regular use has definitely had a good effect on delaying if not halting visible ageing signs in my face and neck. I love it !

Also, I bought some bio- heal for my mother who had terrible dermatitis caused by some blood pressure tabs, so bad she had to have a derm appointment and the highest dose of steroids there was .
She could not tolerate even the most gentle of cleansers, the rash spread to most of her body. It was horrendous.Her hands being the worst.
She was very sceptical ( being a retired GP) but was desperate!

Two days after first applying the Bio-heal, the redness had disappeared, the itching reduced and by the end of the weekend the almost suppurating wounds were healing!!
It truly was like a miracle.
She is now a convert.
The stuff is amazing and it WORKS.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Soi Dog - There is loads of anecdoctal evidence, but you are in the wrong thread for that. Look for the thread 'Skin Biology's Copper Peptides' for many happy users' reviews on CPs.

I was not aware that patent on the 2nd gen CPs have elapsed to make them available to all formulators. Can you provide proof on this?

It makes me wonder what your intentions are, though, as you are making you first post in this particular thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
sylvia - you should report this in the CP thread I linked to above! Great news.

10Sylvia5 wrote:
not too sure this is the correct place, so sorry if not!

Just to say,
I have been using GHK for over 2yrs and love it while not having scars its regular use has definitely had a good effect on delaying if not halting visible ageing signs in my face and neck. I love it !

Also, I bought some bio- heal for my mother who had terrible dermatitis caused by some blood pressure tabs, so bad she had to have a derm appointment and the highest dose of steroids there was .
She could not tolerate even the most gentle of cleansers, the rash spread to most of her body. It was horrendous.Her hands being the worst.
She was very sceptical ( being a retired GP) but was desperate!

Two days after first applying the Bio-heal, the redness had disappeared, the itching reduced and by the end of the weekend the almost suppurating wounds were healing!!
It truly was like a miracle.
She is now a convert.
The stuff is amazing and it WORKS.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Foxe,

I stand corrected, it is of course the first gen. GHK-Cu peptide on which patent has expired - incidentally I read this in your post from Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:19 am on EDS.
I have been looking around for recent chatter about copper peptides in general and wondered why this stream seemed to have stalled, seems I'm looking in the wrong places, not surprising since I'm very new to the blogosphere - sorry.
Back to the Web.
SweetCreamRabbit
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for bumping.

Recently joined and stumbled on this while looking for scar remedies.

I do remember using the 2nd gen SB stuff. I used several and I found the LacSal too moisturising and none of them really worked (but I was inconsistent and skeptical) UNTIL I tried the Super Cop 2x serum, that is. Again I wasn't using it consistently and I probably ended up forgetting all about it and didn't repurchase because it was expensive and smelled like toilet water (the blue stuff that colours your bowl between flushes!) but I also was a frivolous teenager who spent her money on shiny and overpriced products with SD alcohol in them, so...

Anyway, around that time I suddenly noticed my really deep boxcar scars were looking odd. It seemed like white skin was starting to fill them in (it wasn't a great look, just made me look like I had white spots on my face). And this lasted for quite a bit so it wasn't a temporary effect.

I have no idea why I didn't buy the serum again. I think I started reading about people who ended up wrinkling from overuse and it might have disuaded me. And maybe I even ended up chalking up my results to something other than the miracle toilet water.

It seems like CP are best for those with screwy skin. The minute you reach skincare nirvana with your routine you should probably stop and focus on maintenance.

I think I'm going to do a stretch mark and acne scar experiment log soon and will share my results.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |