Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hyaluronic gel + d-panthenol, niacinamide, glycerol, silk
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ChristerSweden

Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, thanks for accepting me as a member!

I have been making skincare products for quite a while, I am allergic to perfumes and other additives. Started with combination of oils but have moved on to hyalyronic acid gels.

Right now I use a HA gel made from 1 gram ultra-low molecular HA + 1 gram medium-molecular HA to 100 ml distilled water Ph Eur + 10 drops Rokonsal MEP as a preservative (Phenoxyethanol, Methyl, Ethyl and Propylparaben)

I consider adding more actives to the serum, d-panthenol at around 1% for skin irritation when used as after shave gel, 1-4% niacinamide for anti-aging and anti-acne properties, 3% glycerol for more immediate moisture and hydrolyzed silk protein 1% to make for a "complete" product without the need for moisturizer on top.

What do you think, is it best to add one active per batch to see what it does to the HA gel or go for all of the additives besides the 1:1 HA gel?

Thanks for your help!
ChristerSweden

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:54 am      Reply with quote
UPDATE: First batch of Hyaluronate gel v2.0

I just made the first batch of hyaluronic acid gel with additional active ingredients, but I modified my first idea a little.

For 100 ml i used the following;

91,8 g Aqua Purificata Ph. Eur.
3 g glycerol
2 g d-panthenol
2 g niacinamide
1 g sodium hyaluronate
0,2 g collagen, 3000 Dalton molecular weight.
10 drops Rokonsal MEP preservative

I started out with measuring the ingredients into small plastic cups, then I filled an empty bootle with the water, added preservative, then the glycerol, panthenol and niacinamide, and finished by adding the HA and collagen (instead of silk protein) and close the bottle.

After a few shakes it looks glittery, I have put it in the fridge to let it rest overnight.

I am really excited to try it as an after shave and moisturizer!

Let me know what you think!
ChristerSweden

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:54 am      Reply with quote
UPDATE: First batch of Hyaluronate gel v2.0

I just made the first batch of hyaluronic acid gel with additional active ingredients, but I modified my first idea a little.

For 100 ml i used the following;

91,8 g Aqua Purificata Ph. Eur.
3 g glycerol
2 g d-panthenol
2 g niacinamide
1 g sodium hyaluronate
0,2 g collagen, 3000 Dalton molecular weight.
10 drops Rokonsal MEP preservative

I started out with measuring the ingredients into small plastic cups, then I filled an empty bootle with the water, added preservative, then the glycerol, panthenol and niacinamide, and finished by adding the HA and collagen (instead of silk protein) and close the bottle.

After a few shakes it looks glittery, I have put it in the fridge to let it rest overnight.

I am really excited to try it as an after shave and moisturizer!

Let me know what you think!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds good. Let us know how it works. If you want it thicker next time, you can add a bit more HA.
ChristerSweden

Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
Sounds good. Let us know how it works. If you want it thicker next time, you can add a bit more HA.

Thanks for the feedback, ShastaGirl =)

After a few hours it has started to form a gel, I guess it takes about two days for all the air bubbles to leave the gel completely transparent.

Sure, I will let you know if it does what I want it to do. Thanks for the tip about adding more HA!

Have a scary but wrinkle free Halloween everyone !!
ChristerSweden

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

I have used this "serum" every day for about two weeks now, as a moisturizer/serum efter clensing with Cetaphil, and as an after shave.

I am very pleased with the results, I do not have to use a moisturizer on top, the gel sinks in fast and makes the skin feeling soft and hydrated (probably from the glycerol/panthenol). My friends have commented on my skin, said that I look good =) ..the redness after shaving / general irritated skin have improved.

Maybe it would be a good idea to replace some of the water with a hydrolate, like rose or sage? What do you guys think? =)
catxl
5% products discount

Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Nice receipt.
Does it cause dryness after a few hours?
Just curious, what time of skin type you have?
ChristerSweden

Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
catxl wrote:
Nice receipt.
Does it cause dryness after a few hours?
Just curious, what time of skin type you have?

Thanks! No, not for me anyway. I will make a new batch so that I can give my sister a bottle as a christmas gift, interesting to hear her opinion.

It has worked very well for me, I have combination skin, oily forehead and dry around the nose.. I use it once a day, before bed and after showers/shaves. The red irritation I used to have around my nose/upper lip is much better, and the skin has more "glow" and feels ..moisturized =)

I am gonna use Rose water (hydrolate) with the distilled water next time, 50/50.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |