Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kevin578

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Is it true you're not supposed to use numbing cream since it could enter the bloodstream once you poke holes in your face?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Kevin578 wrote:
Is it true you're not supposed to use numbing cream since it could enter the bloodstream once you poke holes in your face?

No, that's not true. You clean the cream off before you use the needle. I wipe the cream off then use alcohol on a cotton pad to clean my skin before apply HA and needling. Some don't use the HA before, but use a saline solution for "glide."

5% products discount

Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a million, Imma!

What ration should you mix destilled water and HA together ?
I bought 5 grams..

Oh yea btw, How long does 5 grams of HA last? Just so i dont over use it in any way..

And guys.. I wonder, when im going to apply Vitamin C serum to my face, should i first rense off the dead skin cells, with a sponge and then afterwords remove the oil from the skin ?
Can u use anything else, then chemicals to remove oil from the skin ? I really prefer natural remedies if its possible Surprised

I hear guys out there saying, that you should never apply anything below 2.4 - 3.4 of pH to your skin, since it can ruin the barriers and actually worsen the skin texture ?? Now I bought Vitamin c powder, which is 2.1 pH .. Should i mix it up with anything alkaline ?

Sorry for all thoese Questions, but im really a newb when it comes to cosmetics.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
jiidea wrote:
Thanks a million, Imma!

What ration should you mix destilled water and HA together ?
I bought 5 grams..

Oh yea btw, How long does 5 grams of HA last? Just so i dont over use it in any way..

And guys.. I wonder, when im going to apply Vitamin C serum to my face, should i first rense off the dead skin cells, with a sponge and then afterwords remove the oil from the skin ?
Can u use anything else, then chemicals to remove oil from the skin ? I really prefer natural remedies if its possible Surprised

I hear guys out there saying, that you should never apply anything below 2.4 - 3.4 of pH to your skin, since it can ruin the barriers and actually worsen the skin texture ?? Now I bought Vitamin c powder, which is 2.1 pH .. Should i mix it up with anything alkaline ?

Sorry for all thoese Questions, but im really a newb when it comes to cosmetics.

I just put a heaping 1/4 t. in a shot glass of distilled water, cover it with plastic, and leave it overnight. Don't bother to stir, it won't do any good or make it blend faster.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Just got my derminator in the post today! What speed and depth is everyone using? I will be trying mine out on Thursday night so I can lie low for 3days before returning to work on Monday.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Pshah52 wrote:
Just got my derminator in the post today! What speed and depth is everyone using? I will be trying mine out on Thursday night so I can lie low for 3days before returning to work on Monday.

.5mm as per Dr. Setterfield's theory ; Fast and once a month

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
jiidea
5% products discount

Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Immacolata.

Where do u guys get your Dr Lance Setterfield information from ? u bought his book ?
Pshah52

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply denisiel.

I am currently sitting here with cling film on my cheeks, nnumbing up with EMLA. slightly nervous! doing a final read on how to use this thing. I will be using some saline solution for slip. I'm planning the use the single needle at 1.5mm for my acne scars which is the main problem I am trying to treat. I may then switch to the 9 needle and go over some scarred pores with either 1mm or 1.5mm if I'm feeling brave!

wish me luck!
Pshah52

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
okay done!

So I mostly just single needled my scars. I was so numbed up, since I got distracted and left the EMLA so long, that I thought the needle wasn't even penetrating my skin when I first started. My face is stinging a bit now that I am done, but was relatively pain free during. I agree with everyone here, it is an amazing device and I can see myself doing this more often compared to dermastamping since it is so much quicker and easier! I like that it is automated, taking some of the control away.

Let's hope there's some results in a few weeks Smile.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
jiidea wrote:
Thanks Immacolata.

Where do u guys get your Dr Lance Setterfield information from ? u bought his book ?

I don't have his book, I'm getting my info from other posters in this thread who do have the book. It was kind of expensive for me...

That's how I learned about using saline solution before and nothing but HA afterward. I don't use the saline solution though, I use HA both before and after.

5% products discount

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I've been lurking around for some time, doing research, wondering what to do about my deep and numerous stretch marks. After a lot of thought, I am going to order The Derminator next week from Own Doc. Laser is just too expensive, and professional micro-needling is at least $250 - $750 per area per session, and I would need multiple areas and at least 8 - 10 sessions.

I plan on using the 9 needle cartridge on the first day at 2mm (I don't plan on using it on my face at the moment) to tackle my stomach, breasts, hips and thighs. On the second day, I plan on using the single cartridge on the worst individual scars.

I plan on loading my skin with home made (powder from Own Doc) vit c serum for a couple of days before rolling, using home made HA serum as a lubricant and then applying 0.1% Ret A/tretinoin gel immediately afterwards, followed by the Own Doc Infadolan. Most sources agree not to use Ret A/tretinoin immediately after a roll (especially a deep one), but the Own Doc instructions make an exception for deep stretch marks.

For sanitation, I am planning on using Isocol (64% isopropyl alcohol, most medical swabs are 70%) on a cotton pad to clean the area. For 5-7 days after the session, I plan on using the 0.1% Ret A Gel and Infadolan. After that, I plan on using Moo Goo Tamanu Oil and Moo Goo Full Cream moisturiser on the treated areas.

I plan on leaving 5 weeks between sessions for full CIT benefits.

My main question is not about pain or price, but my procedure. I haven't started yet, so I am very open to suggestions. Is there anything I can add to my routine? Should I keep using the Ret A a week after the session? Own Doc instructions say you can use it up to five times a week between rolls, but I'm not sure how effective this is, and with the number of areas I have to treat, Ret A will get expensive, even with a relatively cheap source like AllDayChemist. Any suggestions or cautions would be most welcome. Can't wait til my CC rolls over in the next couple of days and I can place my order!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:40 am      Reply with quote
emmyb wrote:
Hi guys,

I've been lurking around for some time, doing research, wondering what to do about my deep and numerous stretch marks. After a lot of thought, I am going to order The Derminator next week from Own Doc. Laser is just too expensive, and professional micro-needling is at least $250 - $750 per area per session, and I would need multiple areas and at least 8 - 10 sessions.

I plan on using the 9 needle cartridge on the first day at 2mm (I don't plan on using it on my face at the moment) to tackle my stomach, breasts, hips and thighs. On the second day, I plan on using the single cartridge on the worst individual scars.

I plan on loading my skin with home made (powder from Own Doc) vit c serum for a couple of days before rolling, using home made HA serum as a lubricant and then applying 0.1% Ret A/tretinoin gel immediately afterwards, followed by the Own Doc Infadolan. Most sources agree not to use Ret A/tretinoin immediately after a roll (especially a deep one), but the Own Doc instructions make an exception for deep stretch marks.

For sanitation, I am planning on using Isocol (64% isopropyl alcohol, most medical swabs are 70%) on a cotton pad to clean the area. For 5-7 days after the session, I plan on using the 0.1% Ret A Gel and Infadolan. After that, I plan on using Moo Goo Tamanu Oil and Moo Goo Full Cream moisturiser on the treated areas.

I plan on leaving 5 weeks between sessions for full CIT benefits.

My main question is not about pain or price, but my procedure. I haven't started yet, so I am very open to suggestions. Is there anything I can add to my routine? Should I keep using the Ret A a week after the session? Own Doc instructions say you can use it up to five times a week between rolls, but I'm not sure how effective this is, and with the number of areas I have to treat, Ret A will get expensive, even with a relatively cheap source like AllDayChemist. Any suggestions or cautions would be most welcome. Can't wait til my CC rolls over in the next couple of days and I can place my order!

I would continue to use Retin-A even if I didn't use the Derminator. I get mine from inhousepharmacy.vu - no prescription needed and shipping is free.

My best advice is to be patient. Results take time, but you do get results.

5% products discount

Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks @ Immacolata.

Okay, So HA serum on the skin, as saline for the needles to glide - Check!

GUys.. When you use the Derminator on a skin area, do you stretch it out with your fingers ??

Becuase when I stretch the skin, either with fingers or open my mouth wide open, the scars dissapears completely.. only to return when i shut my mouth .. lol
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:51 am      Reply with quote
jiidea wrote:
Thanks @ Immacolata.

Okay, So HA serum on the skin, as saline for the needles to glide - Check!

GUys.. When you use the Derminator on a skin area, do you stretch it out with your fingers ??

Becuase when I stretch the skin, either with fingers or open my mouth wide open, the scars dissapears completely.. only to return when i shut my mouth .. lol

Not with my fingers. I press my lips together to make the area above firmer but don't draw the skin taut on my cheeks.

5% products discount

Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I didnt get that fully, immacolata.. sorry..
No strecthing the skin on the cheeks,? not even by opening the mouth wide open?

IF you would recommend any needle lenght to start out with, what would it be? like 0.25 mm ? or can i just start with 0.5 mm? Im only going to hit the cheeks and the skin between the eyes and the hair line..
jiidea
5% products discount

Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I mean the skin area between the hair line and the .. left eye for example..
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:34 am      Reply with quote
jiidea wrote:
I mean the skin area between the hair line and the .. left eye for example..

I started with .5 but went quickly to .75, then 1.25, then 1.5. I use 1.0 on my nose.

Now that I think about it I actually do puff out my cheeks while I'm doing them, so I lied! Sad

The area that you are speaking of was very, very tender for me, or maybe I just didn't put enough numbing cream there. Just a heads up - but your experience may be different than mine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I tried a 0.5 on my face for the first time, ha, I looked like I had a case of the chicken pox or something. Smile My face isn't ready yet for it, so back to 0.25 I go. Doesn't help I've been taking a lot of Advil lately for a strained leg muscle, so that's thinned out my blood.

My stretch marks keep improving which is great. Smile I go up to 1.25 on that area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:09 am      Reply with quote
WHite Wolf, how is your facial skin responding to the .25 needles. Do you notice a difference.

I think at one point you weren't using the terminator on your face at all. What did you do to strengthen your facial skin enough to use it?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
emmyb
5% products discount

Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
So I got my Derminator in the post fairly fast, but I'm still waiting on my Ret A.

I decided to do a practice run with just Vit C serum so I could get a feel for things before I do a full depth 2 mm CIT session.

I made up the Vit C serum,(using distilled water and the spray bottle and Vit c powder from Own Doc). I washed my hands, put on disposable gloves, and cleaned the stretch marks on my stomach my with a 64% isopropyl alcohol solution. I then fitted the 9 needle cartridge with no problems and started on a medium speed. I must admit I was very, very nervous as I wasn't using numbing cream or ice.

I used the Vit C serum for glide as it was a bit of an impulse decision to do it in the morning and the HA serum hadn't had time to thicken/set yet.

I was aiming to do a 'non medical' session, so I started at 0.25 mm, then went up to 0.5 mm and stopped at 0.75 mm. 0.25 mm I barely felt anything. 0.5 mm felt sort of like a massage. At 0.75 mm, it started to sting, but this may have been because of the Vit C serum rather than the depth. I needled for a bit over 10 minutes and achieved good prick density on my upper stomach before stopping as I had to get ready for work. I applied organic Tamanu oil to the needled areas and massaged it in, and followed up with Moo Goo Full Cream moisturiser. My skin was a dark pink with some dots but no blood at all and barely any tenderness. The wider, deeper stretch marks held up well too and I didn't experience any significant pain (mainly a bit of stinging, a papercut is far worse).

A couple of hours later and the treated areas are light pink and not painful at all. I'm very pleased, hoping to feel comfortable with the fast setting soon as it takes about a quarter of the time compared to the medium speed setting.

First impressions is that this is a great, really powerful machine that is worth every cent. I really recommend using something for needle glide, like HA or saline serum. I feel like it would have been easier if I had waited for the HA serum to set/absorb before I tried anything. The machine is loud, but I had my TV on and could still hear it clearly on normal volume over the sound of The Derminator. I will post again after a full 2 mm CIT session with 0.1% tretinoin gel.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:12 am      Reply with quote
emmyb wrote:
So I got my Derminator in the post fairly fast, but I'm still waiting on my Ret A.

I decided to do a practice run with just Vit C serum so I could get a feel for things before I do a full depth 2 mm CIT session.

I made up the Vit C serum,(using distilled water and the spray bottle and Vit c powder from Own Doc). I washed my hands, put on disposable gloves, and cleaned the stretch marks on my stomach my with a 64% isopropyl alcohol solution. I then fitted the 9 needle cartridge with no problems and started on a medium speed. I must admit I was very, very nervous as I wasn't using numbing cream or ice.

I used the Vit C serum for glide as it was a bit of an impulse decision to do it in the morning and the HA serum hadn't had time to thicken/set yet.

I was aiming to do a 'non medical' session, so I started at 0.25 mm, then went up to 0.5 mm and stopped at 0.75 mm. 0.25 mm I barely felt anything. 0.5 mm felt sort of like a massage. At 0.75 mm, it started to sting, but this may have been because of the Vit C serum rather than the depth. I needled for a bit over 10 minutes and achieved good prick density on my upper stomach before stopping as I had to get ready for work. I applied organic Tamanu oil to the needled areas and massaged it in, and followed up with Moo Goo Full Cream moisturiser. My skin was a dark pink with some dots but no blood at all and barely any tenderness. The wider, deeper stretch marks held up well too and I didn't experience any significant pain (mainly a bit of stinging, a papercut is far worse).

A couple of hours later and the treated areas are light pink and not painful at all. I'm very pleased, hoping to feel comfortable with the fast setting soon as it takes about a quarter of the time compared to the medium speed setting.

First impressions is that this is a great, really powerful machine that is worth every cent. I really recommend using something for needle glide, like HA or saline serum. I feel like it would have been easier if I had waited for the HA serum to set/absorb before I tried anything. The machine is loud, but I had my TV on and could still hear it clearly on normal volume over the sound of The Derminator. I will post again after a full 2 mm CIT session with 0.1% tretinoin gel.

When you needle at a depth of more than .5, it's best not to use anything except HA serum, if that. I'm not sure what is in the Moo Goo moisturizer but you really should wait a day before using anything like that. I used Vitamin C after the first couple of times until I found (on this thread) that Dr. Setterfield recommends not doing this, to avoid hyperpigmentation. I'm no expert, but he is! Wink

5% products discount

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip, Imma! I have to admit that going to 0.75 mm was a spur of the moment decision. I applied HA and Vit c along with rose hip oil and the moo goo after my evening shower and my skin is back to normal. Moo Goo is a natural moisturiser based on oils like sweet almond, coconut, olive etc. It also contains squalene (olive derived), allantoin, hydrolysed milk protein, aloe vera and vitamin e. It's lovely and soothing and it's what I used on my stretch marks just for hydration outside of skin needling. It leaves my poor skin smooth and soft, so I thought it could have a place in my needling routine, especially as a moisturising cream helps the oils like rose hip and tamanu penetrate the skin. May order some emu oil to and try and see what works best.
emmyb
5% products discount

Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
So my 0.1% tretinoin gel has arrived and I'm hoping to do a session on Friday night. Will post again with how I go.

I've patch tested on the gel inside my arm and if it looks good tomorrow I'm going to go ahead. I got the tretinoin gel from AllDayChemist and I like the quality of it so far.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:40 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey - I've been using it mostly on my stretch marks and not my face. Lately, I've noticed that my face has aged some. Sad I have sagging skin around my mouth area. Was fine summer but all of the sudden, sagging along with puffiness. So it's time to get serious about it and hoping this will help.

The main problem I have is that I bleed easily, petechiae sometimes just by washing my face with hot water (sigh). Haven't found the reason why, like health issues, or whatever. I am taking Vit C in a higher dose internally. So I am afraid to use this on my face but now that I see myself in the mirror, time to just ignore the petechiae. Maybe the Derminator will thicken my skin so I don't get these blood spots so easily. And tighten up my face. (Ah the joys of getting older...)

5% products discount

Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi White Wolf,

I was just wondering if you use the single needle on your stretch marks with The Derminator? I just did my first session with the 2mm 9 needle and then single needling the individual worst scars the next day. Wow - red and warm and tender! I was thrilled to instantly get spot bleeding on fast with the single needle cartridge. I'm not sure I got even prick density though and I used a kind of overlapping circular or oval motion depending on the width of the scar - what technique do you use?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |