Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

LIGHT resistance face exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I'd be very grateful if any of you could recommend some light resistance face exercises. I've read lots of face exercise threads on this forum and I'm still clueless Embarassed . Currently I'm doing Faceworks, i.e. mild isometric/isotonic exercises - I've got 6 mos membership and I'm going to stick to the programme, but later I'd rather incorporate something stronger. I'm a coward and a newbie to the world of face exercises, so I'm a tad afraid of FlexEffect and Ageless. I've thought of CFF, but I'm beginning to think that this may be too "harcore" for me as well...
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Darn, I meant LOW resistance, sorry. English is not my native language (obviously) and I've just realised my mistake.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:06 am      Reply with quote
I think you are actually better off sticking with Faceworks for a little while longer before you start other programs, as you an do too much too soon. Faceworks also has some resistance exercises too and Elaine looks great to me

CFF has some exercises that are identical to FlexEffect so if you are scared of one you may be scared of the other too!
malgorzatah wrote:
I'd be very grateful if any of you could recommend some light resistance face exercises. I've read lots of face exercise threads on this forum and I'm still clueless Embarassed . Currently I'm doing Faceworks, i.e. mild isometric/isotonic exercises - I've got 6 mos membership and I'm going to stick to the programme, but later I'd rather incorporate something stronger. I'm a coward and a newbie to the world of face exercises, so I'm a tad afraid of FlexEffect and Ageless. I've thought of CFF, but I'm beginning to think that this may be too "harcore" for me as well...
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:07 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I think you are actually better off sticking with Faceworks for a little while longer before you start other programs, as you an do too much too soon. Faceworks also has some resistance exercises too and Elaine looks great to me

CFF has some exercises that are identical to FlexEffect so if you are scared of one you may be scared of the other too!
malgorzatah wrote:

TheresaMary, thank you for your answer. Yes, I'm going to stick with Faceworks for the next half a year (at least, maybe longer), especially that my face is beginning to feel firmer. I'm just not sure if it would be enough for my eyes in the long run (I've got underbags and something that looks like, I don't know, kind of creased fat rolls under my eyes when I smile).

I've read some threads on the forum (probably not enough) and I've somehow come to the conclusion that CFF is a little milder that FE or Ageless. I got a bit scared after having read some horror stories concerning high resistance exercises. I know now that most of those cases were caused by overeagerness or by mixing the programmes by newbies instead of sticking with one in the beginning, but not all. I remember that some posters had success with using milder programmes in such cases - I thought that CFF is one of those (milder, but not mild, of course).

Anyway, thanks for clarifying! And yes, I agree that Elaine looks great - that was one of the reasons for choosing her programme.
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'be been browsing Carolyn's page and reviews, and EDS as well, and some users do mention that the CFF is quite milder than other resistance programs and that the exercises are agressive, but firm. I've tried to have a look at the exercises on the page with the interactive muscle chart (here is the link - sorry, doesn't show, it seems I cannot put links yet, as a newbie). The exercises are at the bottom of the page (I mean the little pictures with names, not exercises per se). TheresaMary, I understand you have the programme - are many of these exercises aggressive (I mean those you said were identical to the ones in FE?) I'm not familiar with any of these two programmes, so I cannot tell. Despite sticking to Faceworks I have to say I'm still tempted by free worldwide shipping of CFF (for much later, of course Laughing ), but at the same time a bit scared. I'm tempted because I've read success stories of people with very similar eye problems I have - the rest of my face is not that bad (although I have the beginnings of marionette lines as well), but those eyes look old.
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
malgorzatah wrote:
I'be been browsing Carolyn's page and reviews, and EDS as well, and some users do mention that the CFF is quite milder than other resistance programs and that the exercises are agressive, but firm. I've tried to have a look at the exercises on the page with the interactive muscle chart (here is the link - sorry, doesn't show, it seems I cannot put links yet, as a newbie). The exercises are at the bottom of the page (I mean the little pictures with names, not exercises per se). TheresaMary, I understand you have the programme - are many of these exercises aggressive (I mean those you said were identical to the ones in FE?) I'm not familiar with any of these two programmes, so I cannot tell. Despite sticking to Faceworks I have to say I'm still tempted by free worldwide shipping of CFF (for much later, of course Laughing ), but at the same time a bit scared. I'm tempted because I've read success stories of people with very similar eye problems I have - the rest of my face is not that bad (although I have the beginnings of marionette lines as well), but those eyes look old.

My mistake - it sbould read "are not agressive, but firm".
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on your perspective. How old are you? what are your goals?

You see there are many different programs out there and they are all good. I have done them for the last 10 plus years and do a mixture of exercises from different programs but I have learned and adapted and modified my workouts but I started out just like you - and used one program for a year before I moved on to trying others. Mixing and matching too early on seems to lead to a lot of problems.

Eyes can be a problem for many people. I know when I was going through Menopause my eyes were a real issue but when I started hormone therapy that sorted out for me.

malgorzatah wrote:
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm 44 and I want to return to my more youthful look from several years ago. At forty I was regularly mistaken for a much younger person and sometimes asked about the portrait surely hidden in my attic Laughing . Now nobody with a pair of eyes would make such a mistake. Something happened to my face - something called aging. I've been using sunscreen daily for 15 years, I also use Retin A, AHA and BHA, take supplements, eat lots of vegetables, don't smoke and do Tanaka massage.

My eyes are the worst, but I also see small pouches and parentheses near my mouth. I want to get rid of them, as well as of underbags. I'm aware that toning is probably not enough in my case but at the same time I want to avoid really aggressive exercises. That is why I was thinking about CFF - but you say that some of Carolyn's exercises are identical to those in FE, and that would mean pulling and stretching, am I right? I would have to skip them, because, as I've mentioned, I'm a coward. The only Carolyn's exercise (or rather massage) I saw was "Face Firmer".

TheresaMary wrote:
It depends on your perspective. How old are you? what are your goals?

You see there are many different programs out there and they are all good. I have done them for the last 10 plus years and do a mixture of exercises from different programs but I have learned and adapted and modified my workouts but I started out just like you - and used one program for a year before I moved on to trying others. Mixing and matching too early on seems to lead to a lot of problems.

Eyes can be a problem for many people. I know when I was going through Menopause my eyes were a real issue but when I started hormone therapy that sorted out for me.

malgorzatah wrote:
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Well give Faceworks time to work = there are exercises for those areas.

Face firmer is one of my favourites of hers that I still do to this day, but there are exercises that involve pulling or stretching the skin. One that I never liked involved pulling the cheek in different directions which I just never liked and never felt right.

malgorzatah wrote:
My eyes are the worst, but I also see small pouches and parentheses near my mouth. I want to get rid of them, as well as of underbags. I'm aware that toning is probably not enough in my case but at the same time I want to avoid really aggressive exercises. That is why I was thinking about CFF - but you say that some of Carolyn's exercises are identical to those in FE, and that would mean pulling and stretching, am I right? I would have to skip them, because, as I've mentioned, I'm a coward. The only Carolyn's exercise (or rather massage) I saw was "Face Firmer".
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Well give Faceworks time to work = there are exercises for those areas.

Face firmer is one of my favourites of hers that I still do to this day, but there are exercises that involve pulling or stretching the skin. One that I never liked involved pulling the cheek in different directions which I just never liked and never felt right.

malgorzatah wrote:

Yeah, I'm doing Faceworks and quite like it. Actually, I got a bit scared after your post - I chose CFF because I wanted a resistance programme WITHOUT pulling and stretching. Carolyn writes on her site "Remember, one of the secrets of the CFF system is that you are sliding over the skin while the muscle is in contraction. You are NOT stretching the skin, you are sliding OVER the skin, toning the muscles in the process".

In other words, there should be NO pulling and stretching (unlike in FE and Ageless) in CFF at all, if I understand correctly.

I'm lost
Brick wall
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like you have already made up your mind - so the only way of satisfying your mind wil be for you to buy it and then see for yourself.

You say you wanted a program without pulling and stretching - well thats pretty hard to come by.

For what its worth the exercises that I'm thinking of of hers that has pulling is the Jowl Firmer but also her lower eyelid stretch too has you pull on the skin too.

I know that is the text on her website - but when you get her dvd take a look and tell me how thats not pulling. Besides as pointed out some of her exercises look like they come from FlexEffect. In fact the only exercises which don't have pulling/stretching are the ones I recognise from Facercise.
malgorzatah wrote:
Yeah, I'm doing Faceworks and quite like it. Actually, I got a bit scared after your post - I chose CFF because I wanted a resistance programme WITHOUT pulling and stretching. Carolyn writes on her site "Remember, one of the secrets of the CFF system is that you are sliding over the skin while the muscle is in contraction. You are NOT stretching the skin, you are sliding OVER the skin, toning the muscles in the process".

In other words, there should be NO pulling and stretching (unlike in FE and Ageless) in CFF at all, if I understand correctly.

I'm lost
Brick wall
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:21 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Sounds like you have already made up your mind - so the only way of satisfying your mind wil be for you to buy it and then see for yourself.

You say you wanted a program without pulling and stretching - well thats pretty hard to come by.

For what its worth the exercises that I'm thinking of of hers that has pulling is the Jowl Firmer but also her lower eyelid stretch too has you pull on the skin too.

I know that is the text on her website - but when you get her dvd take a look and tell me how thats not pulling. Besides as pointed out some of her exercises look like they come from FlexEffect. In fact the only exercises which don't have pulling/stretching are the ones I recognise from Facercise.
malgorzatah wrote:

I'm lost
Brick wall

Sorry for the late reply - actually, TheresaMary, I think you are right Smile. CFF really tempts me and the only way to check if it suits me is to risk and buy it, hoping it will give my face the equivalent of what yoga gives to my body. I've browsed some older threads here on EDS and I've got the impression that people are really satisfied with the results (I remember one young woman - Theresa as well? - who had problems, but she sorted them with Carolyn's help). I've also seen lots of photos of Nonie aka AD who does CFF and I must say they've made an impression on me . We are roughly the same age (she looks much better and younger than I do) and, what's more, when she started, she had very similar eyes to mine (kind of puffy and creased - but, unlike her, I brought it upon myself by constant rubbing and squeezing. And by not sleeping enough). Her results are striking and that's what tempted me most.

Of course, I won't start mixing and matching Faceworks and CFF right now. I'll wait two or three months or I'll ask the creators for the advice.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:44 am      Reply with quote
I always encourage you and anyone else to follow your instincts when it comes to these things – and don’t be swayed by so called experts. Each time I have ignored my own instincts I have always regretted it.

Yes there was another Theresa but I don’t think she ever got her issues sorted. Yet she was another example of someone who I thought shouldn’t go heavy handed into things and I think being young (think she was in late 20s from memory). Anyhow you may also want to look at things like Happy Face Yoga if you do yoga already too. I quite like that one too.

You may even find that Faceworks does the job for you so you don’t have to purchase anything else.
malgorzatah wrote:
Sorry for the late reply - actually, TheresaMary, I think you are right Smile. CFF really tempts me and the only way to check if it suits me is to risk and buy it, hoping it will give my face the equivalent of what yoga gives to my body. I've browsed some older threads here on EDS and I've got the impression that people are really satisfied with the results (I remember one young woman - Theresa as well? - who had problems, but she sorted them with Carolyn's help). I've also seen lots of photos of Nonie aka AD who does CFF and I must say they've made an impression on me . We are roughly the same age (she looks much better and younger than I do) and, what's more, when she started, she had very similar eyes to mine (kind of puffy and creased - but, unlike her, I brought it upon myself by constant rubbing and squeezing. And by not sleeping enough). Her results are striking and that's what tempted me most.

Of course, I won't start mixing and matching Faceworks and CFF right now. I'll wait two or three months or I'll ask the creators for the advice.
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary, thank you very much - I've followed my instincts and ordered CFF. I've exchanged some mails with Carolyn, sent her my photo and came to the conclusion that I should try it. I'd have a look at HFY, but I'm not sure about their customer service (it may be excellent, I somehow do not remember Confused ).

Anyway, we'll see Smile.
Aam24
5% products discount

Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I just stopped CFF. I love the face firmer! However, because I had fillers under my eyes prior to cff, I look awful now. It is very hollow now and from reading these boards, it seems I'm not the only one who has this experience. I wish I could leave out the under eye area, but I'm nervous about an uneven build. Not sure what approach to take now....when you're done with your exercises, do you feel like you look better? I never did. I always felt like my face was stressed, specifically the under eyes. It is hard to stay motivated
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:32 am      Reply with quote
I think the real issue is when people who are young do the eye exercises. I am of the firm opinion if it aint broke don’t try to fix it. I’ve seen countless youngsters (and by youngsters I mean adults below 30 – and sometimes really young below 20) start out full blast with facial programs and regret doing it.
Aam24
5% products discount

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 41. And Carolyn says all must be done. I didn't love the fillers, but no that they are going away, I wish I had them. Going to try a galvanic facial, micro current and dermapen for now. I guess I'll see what works before trying another program.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Also give them time to work Aam24. Facial exercises are the answer for everything. They need time to deliver their results. If you have had fillers (you say you don’t love them) then facial exercises may make them dissipate faster as a result and that may be what your face muscles need to do first before they start delivering results. I know one of the moderators of Ageless who used to be present opted to have fillers too so I guess it just depends on the person and their face too. Galvanic, microcurrent and dermapen are all pretty tough characters but can deliver results but you may be doing too much too soon.

Aam24 wrote:
I'm 41. And Carolyn says all must be done. I didn't love the fillers, but no that they are going away, I wish I had them. Going to try a galvanic facial, micro current and dermapen for now. I guess I'll see what works before trying another program.
Aam24
5% products discount

Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, I'm doing ageless now and so far I love it. Too soon for results, but my skin feels better. I didn't mean I would do them all at once, but will eventually add in other modalities. I appreciate this board so much! ☺
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Cool – give your program time to work.

Re adding them all at once – had to double check. You wouldn’t be the first person to make that mistake and wouldn’t be the last either!
Aam24 wrote:
Thanks, I'm doing ageless now and so far I love it. Too soon for results, but my skin feels better. I didn't mean I would do them all at once, but will eventually add in other modalities. I appreciate this board so much! ☺
Aam24
5% products discount

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Haha!!
Only bummer is, seems tear trough area doesn't get rave reviews with exercises. That being said, I'm trying it and know what my backup plan is Very Happy
lynnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:13 am      Reply with quote
My head is spinning again. Read so many threads, so many reviews - I'm this close to getting fillers which I'm not even sure will address my issues anyway and I want to give exercises another chance. Can anyone recommend a program specifically to address Marionette & Nasolabial FOLDS & LINES & general sagging- happy to do the full face but I don't want to make things worse. I have Ageless and have checked out CFF (which doesn't get the best reviews - but the pictures are impressive). Facercise & Faceworks were mentioned & FE may be too much a commitment but worth doing if it can work on this older than it should be skin of mine. Not light lines - creases and pouch or pucker where n/ls & m/ls are. Much thanks!

born 1964, some raw & live foods - medium complexion - sinking eye area yet manage to still have bags, loose, sagging upper eyelids, 11s not as bad as my N/L & M/L, microneedling .5 & 1mm, led, massage, Vit C, A, CP very occasionally, HA, EES, DMAE, MATRIXYL
orchide

Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
lynnn wrote:
My head is spinning again. Read so many threads, so many reviews - I'm this close to getting fillers which I'm not even sure will address my issues anyway and I want to give exercises another chance. Can anyone recommend a program specifically to address Marionette & Nasolabial FOLDS & LINES & general sagging- happy to do the full face but I don't want to make things worse. I have Ageless and have checked out CFF (which doesn't get the best reviews - but the pictures are impressive). Facercise & Faceworks were mentioned & FE may be too much a commitment but worth doing if it can work on this older than it should be skin of mine. Not light lines - creases and pouch or pucker where n/ls & m/ls are. Much thanks!

I have been doing facial exercise for 5 years now. I have different facial exercise programs. The one that I have stuck to is CFF. You can tailor the resitance. I find it convenient and not too time consuming. At this point, I'm only doing it twice a week because I am maintaining right now. Facial exercises do work in the long run, but it's a long term commitment. I have not missed a week in the last 5 years.
lynnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, good for you! Good to hear a real person that is happy with CFF. Did you have issues with m/ls & n/ls folds? Does CFF have an exercise that targets the marionette lines (either building the cheek or something else) WITHOUT engaging the nasolabial folds? Does any program? Thanks for your insight!

born 1964, some raw & live foods - medium complexion - sinking eye area yet manage to still have bags, loose, sagging upper eyelids, 11s not as bad as my N/L & M/L, microneedling .5 & 1mm, led, massage, Vit C, A, CP very occasionally, HA, EES, DMAE, MATRIXYL
orchide

Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
lynnn wrote:
Wow, good for you! Good to hear a real person that is happy with CFF. Did you have issues with m/ls & n/ls folds? Does CFF have an exercise that targets the marionette lines (either building the cheek or something else) WITHOUT engaging the nasolabial folds? Does any program? Thanks for your insight!

I was 40 when I noticed my face started sagging. I had the start of 2 little pouches that form at the corner of the mouth, I think it's the start of Marionette lines. The 2 pouches resolved rather quickly, the n/ls folds took time, it was very gradual. But I can say that I have no marionette lines and no n/ls folds anymore. Another area that got lifted quickly was the eyelids, they had started to droop a little over the eye and that has completely lifted. With the CFF, I did not go through any "ugly" stage. It was very gradual. Have you looked at the "Shape your face"
website? I also think he has some good basic exercises. I'm now 45 and wouldn't dream of stopping the facial exercises. It has truly halted the dreaded sagging that comes with aging. Hope this helps!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |