Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Neck cording
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I was looking through Google Scholar to find out whether facial muscles really can be trained up (in my experience yes, but I want to see data). I came across this patent (https://www.google.com/patents/US20050038486).

I much prefer DIY with hands, but this goes into a lot of interesting details. Regarding the neck, it looks like we need both, build the platysma while relaxing the cords - see at the end here they actually use botox in the cords if too visible but STILL continue to build the muscle (hypertrophy).

"Platysmal Hypertrophy
[0088]
Loss of Platysmal tone often contributes significantly to the appearance of aging neck in the following ways:
(i) Vertical laxity of the overlying soft-tissue envelope of the neck and visible vertical skin laxity.
(ii) Loss of lateral platysmal tone, weakens the musculo-fascial sling that helps to support the submandibular glands in their youthful, hidden submandibular location. With age and a loss of platysmal tone, there is an exaggerated ptosis of the glands and the familiar bulge of the ptotic gland, under the pre-jowl in the submandibular region, all of which contributes to the loss of the youthful facial Ogee, or oval shape to the more aged droopy, bottomed-out, square lower face shape.
(iii) Loss of medial platysmal tone and redundancy often leads to redundancy of the medial platysma and platysmal bands or cervical cords.
With Hypertrophy of the platysmal muscle, there is:
(i) a tightening of the submandibular gland support, minimizing their visibility;
(ii) a tightening of the cervical skin, improvement in cutaneous flap blood flow characteristics with concomitant skin rejuvenation;
(iii) improvement in the texture and tone; and
(iv) with hypertrophy of the platysma, a tightening of the medial platysma and a botox mediated lessening of the visible cords and bands.
[0097]
With significant medial platysmal bands/cords, botox is used in the medial platysmal cord, to soften their appearance and the process is continued."
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:28 am      Reply with quote
I have often asked this of many program creators - and never got a sufficient answer that explains why there is a real lack of data and findings when it comes to facial exercise. I mean I think its something that ultimately the medical community could and would profit from if such data did exist. Even greats like Eva Fraser and Carole Maggio and Deborah Crowley all site that they can be built up but there is little to any proper proof that they can be which is a little disconcerning in my mind.
Needl wrote:
I was looking through Google Scholar to find out whether facial muscles really can be trained up (in my experience yes, but I want to see data). I came across this patent (https://www.google.com/patents/US20050038486).
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Well Everyone, it's been about 4 years and my cording has got no worse, in fact slightly better [it's just a little under the chin, nothing awful]. Here's what I do:

1. Very seldom [few times a month] do the 'sad face' with head tilted back type of exercises that build the platysma but can really show the cords. My theory: if botox gets rid of the cords, overbuilding the platysma can't be a good idea. I do the gentle version of this from Ageless if You Dare, that doesn't pull the corners of the mouth down much, so hardly 'sad face' but does use those muscles.

2. Regular rolling/Derminator under chin and on front of neck to strengthen skin and build collagen.

3. Daily use of Retinyl Palmitate and massage in with knuckles, up harder than down, while tilting head back. Pretty much Carolyn's 'The Brush'.

4. Then daily slight pinching massage all over front of neck.

5. Twice weekly twenty percent ascorbic acid. You don't start with this strength of course.

6. Daily Carolyn's "Gulping Fish".

7. Daily tilt head back and slightly sideways while brushing fingers upwards.

8. Avoid 'sad face' other extreme expressions that emphasize banding. Just like avoiding botox by not frowning hard, this helps prevent unwanted muscle development.

This sounds like a lot, but it's pretty quick and can be done while watching TV, taking a rest from laptop or even, dare I admit, while on toilet.

I'm now convinced that mainly stretching the platysma has done me more good than too much building did, and working the skin through needling and massaging keeps it thick and elastic enough to allow this daily stretching.

I'm now 2 years into menopause, no hrt yet. I think this is a relevant detail useful to know and wish all women selling any exercise/massage/products using themselves as an example would give this detail.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Do you have photos you could share of the changes? Its always good to see these as it is encourage and motivates people to keep on.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I just went to the trouble of taking some photos, but even with the FAQ info here I can't see how to share them: tried the site the FAQ recommends, but my computer decided it was not secure.

I perhaps could do it via Google, but can't see how to keep them anon.

If you have a reliable site to help do this, please share the link.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |