Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Products are on your No-No List?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
katehume
5% products discount

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Clinique (way too harsh)

Murad Acne Complex line (it seems that it causes cystic acne reactions in many people, myself included)

Proactive (I think my skin screams every time I even look at a bottle of the stuff)
Laughing
teago
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I know more ingredients than lines to avoid on my skin... mineral oil/petrolatum, coconut oil, cocoa butter and shea butter and cetearyl alcohol when its high on the ingredient list.

Also, Paulas Choice BHA wreacked havoc on my skin for years...I thought it was doing something but when I ran out of it my skin improved so much.
Cat_eyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I make mostly my own skin care products. The ingredients I avoid are alcohol, SLS, PEG, Parabens, any commercial sunscreen. I'm not a fan of department store brands. I think these products focus more on smell, and packaging than anything else.

Sat May 26, 2012 4:25 am      Reply with quote
I have worked in the industry well over 20 years and when I tell You not to waste money on expensive products I really mean it , cheap products will do the job just as well . The bottom line with good skin is good diet and exercise ( helps with circulation and toxin elimination ) for years I and the women in our family have used Nivea ( german version ) aka La Mere 100 + something $$$ with the addition of algae and everyone asks me all the time what do I do to my skin ( I am over 40 no wrinkles good skin tone and color ) . When I tell them what I use most people can not believe it , once again good skin is in the diet ( fruits and vegetables ) I like to use additionally extra vitamins C especially and moderate exercise ( no gym ) fresh air .

hope that helps with NO NO NO expensive cosmetics
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
La Mer is on my no no list due to the cost. I just don't think the ingredients offer enough to justify the expense.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
La Mer is on my no no list due to the cost. I just don't think the ingredients offer enough to justify the expense.

Ditto! Very Happy

5% products discount

Sun May 27, 2012 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't see anyone else mention it, but Kiehl's has always been a disappointing line for me. It's not pricey, as some other brands mentioned, but to me feels more like a drugstore brand.

I bought the Rare Earth Deep Pore cleansing masque and used the whole jar with not one noticeable effect. I've also had similar disappointing results with their ultra moisturizer.
aleximantore

Wed May 30, 2012 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
avon, estee lauder, clinique, perricone... I would get a sample first, I think every cosmetic company should provide samples.
2dagym
5% products discount

Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Olay products break me out every time I try to use them. This last time was my very last. It's like "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" Wink
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Ditto on the Olay products. I have never used an olay product that worked for me. Non of their anti-aging products work. For my they are so drying and irritating.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
No-no's for me:

Tretinoin (sucks the life out of my skin and really didnt do much else)

Oil Cleansing Method (couldnt stand the purge!! I know it helps to push on thru it, but omg the zits were painful)

Chemical sunscreens with avobenzone (if not stabilized), octocrylene and octinoxate, for instance). Cause free radicals

E-wax (zits galore)

Rice bran oil and wheat germ oil (zits again)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
OMG. Forgot some useless products I tried ages ago!

Serious Skin Care (exception glycolic cleanser was OK)

Wei East

Adrien Arpel GAG!

Elizabeth Grant (sorry fans) Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
For me-

Chanel Sublimage - scandalous price for a wonderfully textured and fragrant supposed state of the art anti-ageing cream that only moisturized my skin. Saw no further results at all.

Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream - as above.

I never spend on more than a very inexpensive basic moisturizer to use as and when I need it now. Prefer to spend on a really good Vit. C serum; Obagi Nu Derm; some Perricone such as his Acyl Glutathione and Neuropeptides; Retin A and sunscreen.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Egyptian Magic due to olive oil/PUFA content- 10% which is not that much and I don't use that much but will not repurchase.
ErinJoy27
5% products discount

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:08 am      Reply with quote
The Clinique toner! Any Clinique products. I shiver when I look at them! My toner spilled on my bedside table (I keep all skincare products other than cleanser in my bedroom), which was a beautiful red, and stripped it BONE WHITE. And I was wondering what was drying out my then 13 year old skin! I haven't looked back in years and I never will.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Fragrant plant oils/extracts are a no-no for me. They're usually irritating.

The only time that I'd consider a product with them is if it's on the bottom of the list.
babybear
5% products discount

Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Clinique
SK II
Lancome
Laughing
bygyb
5% products discount

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Clinique 3-step

sisley.

Dior rose oil.
catxl
5% products discount

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Lancome-little black bottle Génifique serum. No worse no better.

La Mer- soft cream, no where close to the original cream with it's repair function. It's lighter, but there are many better light cream available.
lillyc
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 am      Reply with quote
catxl wrote:
Lancome-little black bottle Génifique serum. No worse no better.

La Mer- soft cream, no where close to the original cream with it's repair function. It's lighter, but there are many better light cream available.

La mer is just a waste of money to me! Gave me the biggest breakouts ever!

All the products from lancome...cant stand the frangance
valmontfan1984
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:24 am      Reply with quote
estee lauder the night repair is just a bottle of silicone.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
La Prairie Caviar eye cream and most of the brand's eye products.

They cause serious rash on my eyes.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Lamer also gave me serious break out when I was ten years younger. It is really unsuitable for young, oily, acne-prone skins.
mariejj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Clinique
oaijason
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
peel mask always hurt me
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |