Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Rapidlash
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I wonder that too, GG. I can check with the vendor next week. I am attempting to see if it is called something else (or split into possible components). All I know for sure is that this, combined with Careprost every second day, is making my lashes way thicker.

GirlieGirl wrote:
I wonder if they have different formula's for different countries? I bought some last week or the week before and it still contained isopropyl cloprostenate.

Antonia wrote:
Mine (Canadian) appears not to have it either...

GirlieGirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Now, looking at the RapidLash ingredients, I don't see isopropyl cloprostenate - so this could be the new formula and the reason I didn't get any irritation.

That would be really fast if a new formula is out already. This FDA warning was only issued about 6 weeks ago. They still list isopropyl cloprostenate on their web site.

According to the FDA letter they are also going to have to change their claims/advertising. It doesn't appear they have done that. I think Rapid lash only had 10 days to respond. I wish their response was available to read.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Oh that would be interesting to know. I'm only using rapid lash and its made a big difference in my length. I have no adverse effects from it so I'm happy.

Antonia wrote:
I wonder that too, GG. I can check with the vendor next week. I am attempting to see if it is called something else (or split into possible components). All I know for sure is that this, combined with Careprost every second day, is making my lashes way thicker.

GirlieGirl wrote:
I wonder if they have different formula's for different countries? I bought some last week or the week before and it still contained isopropyl cloprostenate.

Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 9:50 am      Reply with quote
There appears to be two different products available:

Rapidlash Eyelash Renewal Serum
Rapidlash Eyelash Enhancing Serum

Perhaps the formulation differs for each product? The FDA warning letter was issued to Lifetech Resources LLC for RapidLash Eyelash Renewal Serum (“RapidLash”), NeuLash Active Eyelash Technology (“NeuLash”), and NeuveauBrow Active Eyebrow Technology (“NeuveauBrow”).

Or perhaps Rapidlash Eyelash Renewal Serum is the name used in the US.

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/ucm251951.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Aaaah Lacy. Trust you to find something out. However, I have the Renewal Serum...GOOD GRIEF!!! I must be losing it. It's right there...Isopropyl Cloprostenate. Now, why didn't I see that last night? Sorry all. The Canadian formula does indeed contain it. Embarassed Keliu, are you sure it's not in yours? The words are split awkwardly on mine - two lines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Some one asked on facebook about the difference between the 2 serums. They said its the same formula. I don't know why they would have 2 different names for the same product though.

Lacy53 wrote:
There appears to be two different products available:

Rapidlash Eyelash Renewal Serum
Rapidlash Eyelash Enhancing Serum

Perhaps the formulation differs for each product? The FDA warning letter was issued to Lifetech Resources LLC for RapidLash Eyelash Renewal Serum (“RapidLash”), NeuLash Active Eyelash Technology (“NeuLash”), and NeuveauBrow Active Eyebrow Technology (“NeuveauBrow”).

Or perhaps Rapidlash Eyelash Renewal Serum is the name used in the US.

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/ucm251951.htm
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I have to get to the bottom of this one... I think they sent me two products as one says Enhancing Serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Enhancing Serum - and it definitely doesn't have the Isopropyl Cloprostenate.

I'm thinking there's a difference in the two formulas. "Enhancing" doesn't sound as if it may be as strong as "Renewing". So it's probably the "Renewing" that has the IC.

So maybe I won't get the results I want with the Enhancing formula - is anyone else using it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu,

Mine says "Enhancing Serum." I'm sorry, I thought it was the Renewal Serum until I read the box. I guess I have heard of the Renewal Serum and that stuck in my mind. It definitely contains Isopropyl Cloprostenate.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Keliu,

Mine says "Enhancing Serum." I'm sorry, I thought it was the Renewal Serum until I read the box. I guess I have heard of the Renewal Serum and that stuck in my mind. It definitely contains Isopropyl Cloprostenate.

Does yours say "Advanced Formula" on the front of the box?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Antonia wrote:
Keliu,

No. It says Rapidlash, Eyelash Renewal Serum. Great for eyebrows. Promaxyl®

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
keliu wrote:
Antonia wrote:

Mine says "Eyelash Enhancing Serum, Great for Eyebrows. Promaxyl" But it has "Advanced Formula" written over the picture of the product.

They've got to be different formulas.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
keliu wrote:
Antonia wrote:

Mine says "Eyelash Enhancing Serum, Great for Eyebrows. Promaxyl" But it has "Advanced Formula" written over the picture of the product.

They've got to be different formulas.

OK, I'm going to drive myself nuts here but here's what else is in there:

Aqua, Rhizobian Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Biotin, Pantethine, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Allantoin, Curcubita Pepo Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sea Water, Octapeptide-2, Copper Tripeptide-1, Alcohol denat (and) Isopropyl Cloprostenate, Polypeptide-23, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), Glycerin, Phosphatidylcholine, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Ingredients for "Advanced Formula":

Aqua, Glycerin (and) Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Rhizobian Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxethylcellulose, Biotin, Panthenol, Pantethine, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Allantoin, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sea Water, Octapeptide-2, Copper Tripeptide-1, Polypeptide-23, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Phosphatidylcholine, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Aqua, Glycerin (and) Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Rhizobian Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxethylcellulose, Biotin, Panthenol, Pantethine, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Allantoin, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sea Water, Octapeptide-2, Copper Tripeptide-1, Polypeptide-23, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Phosphatidylcholine, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid.

So they left out the IC and added Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17. That's the same synthetic peptide as in Jan Marini. No evidence of its ability to grow hair in peer-reviewed studies anywhere. I wonder if it's as effective as the RL with the prostaglandin analogue...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Keliu wrote:

So they left out the IC and added Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17. That's the same synthetic peptide as in Jan Marini. No evidence of its ability to grow hair in peer-reviewed studies anywhere. I wonder if it's as effective as the RL with the prostaglandin analogue...

Typical - I've bought the dud product! Anyway, I'm allergic to the IC so I suppose I don't have a choice. I'll let you know how it goes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Had to give up on the Rapidlash - my eyes were turning red and irritated (that is the skin around my eyes). The reaction wasn't as bad as that with the Careprost, but I think if I had of continued to use it it would have been.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
The area around my eyes is always red in the morning after using RL. It goes though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Thats too bad you had to stop Keliu.

I guess I'm lucky (for once!) because I don't notice any irritation from RL.
CrystalCandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I like Rapidlash, my eyelashes and longer and thicker but I had better results with Fusion Beauty Stimulash.
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I can definitely vouch for lilash being good. I used it when it first came out after a reviewer on youtube claimed it was the best one out of the ones she had tried. It certainly worked for me. My eyelashes were so long that when I was having them tinted in France I remember the beautician struggling to find the words in English to say how long my eyelashes were. Not sure if it thickened them or not as I have nothing to compare it to.

Having read your comment getproducts I am now very intrigued to try Latisse. I found a website which sell it at a significantly reduced price wwwdotworldwide-pharmaciesdotnet

The website claim that they can sell it at a reduced price because they are selling it under the original name of Lumigan but insist it is exactly the same product. Does any one have any thoughts on whether this website would be safe to use or not?
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Moon, did you experience any irritation with Lilash?
jazzpollard

Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:47 am      Reply with quote
I use rapidlash every night before bed on my eyebrows. I lost my eyebrows while on chemo for Breast Cancer. That was the only place my hair didn't come back after many treatment. Using RapidLash makes them thicken up. But you must use it daily or they become sparse again!
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:09 am      Reply with quote
If you're going to purchase from Amazon, please make sure that you're not getting a counterfeit. Do your research.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using RapidLash for a while now - since June 2014, and my eyelashes look lush! Nothing like Latisse users probably, but enough that last night I was talking to a girlfriend and she asked what mascara I use - I told her I use Maybelinne Full and Soft on top of a Revlon primer and she asked if those are my own eyelashes! Very Happy

I told her my secret. I've been getting my RapidLash from Costco - $50 for 2 tubes and I am still going strong on the tube I started in June!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
I think there is a potential risk with any of the eye lash growth serums that actually work. I would definitely not use any of them if you have any eye issues.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |