Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How to distinguish High Quality Pearl Powder
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I asked the ebay seller how to tell if the pearl powder is pure and is made from shell or the pearl itself, and how to tell if you got high quality pearl powder. This is her reply that I want to share. If you're like me, you're probably just as clueless, so I hope this can help you to sort out the question about quality of pearl powder.

Quote:
Hi,what I sell is pure pearl powder made from real pearl.
You can tell whether it's good from the following.
1. It's white powder and put a little on the palm. It has no strange smell. When taste it,not sweet or bitter.
2.it's dry and loose, does not agglomerate.The ones with the same Identical batch number should have the same color and don't have color spot.
3.Degree of fineness is high and shouldn't have the feeling of Pellet when pressing with finger or tasting with tongue.
4. the one with shell should be identified with High power microscope
Best regards
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Bira,

I actually help you to search a few articles, the list is very long, much longer than your Ebay seller. Sorry, I am too lazy to translate in English. The final conclusion is "goes with the brand, buy from a reputation shop".
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi critic,

That's very nice of you to take the time to do a search for me. Was there a recommended brand? The seller sent me brand name pearl powder in manufacturer's sealed bags. It was all in chinese though, so I couldn't tell what the brand name was. I did have a friend who could read chinese translate for me, but I don't remember the brand now since it was all in chinese. She told me it sounded like a high quality stuff from what she read. Also, all of her buyers posted positive feedback about her. I chose to read only about the pearl powder auctions. She has over 2000 feedback. I felt comfortable with her feedback, and the fact that so many buyers highly praised her pearl powder.

Also, I have been putting it in my coffee, and unlike the pearl powder my sister bought from GOW that she gave me, this pearl powder did not just melt away. I had to keep stirring, and there's some residue stuck at the bottom and side of cup. The same thing happened to Rileygirl who bought from NCN. So I think I got the real deal now. I'm going to see if there's any lightening effect or not. I'm using pearl cream as well. Now I also got AALS. I'm really going after the spots good this time. Very Happy
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi again critic,

I checked the pearl powder packages and found that there's some English. Might be brand names. I bought two different brands. One is Chun zheng hai shui zhen zhu fen. Their web site iswww.zjmanyue.cn.

The other one is Chun zhen chao xi zhen zhu fen. This one has more English, zhejiangzhujishizhishenzhenzhufengchangchupin. I have no clue what any of these means. Is any of these words the brand name of the pearl powder?

TIA!
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Bira. I take two 250 mg. pearl powder capsules daily. Manyue is a brand. I buy mine on eBay from seller qdyucn518. His listings do not say the name "Manyue" but are listed as "Soluble Pearl Powder Capsules,Skin Tonic,in Gift Box." However, you will find in the product description that this is Manyue pearl powder in capsule form. This seller is in China and shipment takes about two weeks. Great price and the Manuye brand is a highly reputable brand. Excellent quality product. HTH. Smile
frozenstrawberrypie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I consume pearl powder myself from time to time. My advice is this - go for an established, trustworthy, reputable brand. I only get my pearl powder from very established traditional medical halls in Asia, even though it may cost more. If you are not sure, I would advise you to just not buy any pearl powder at all. With potential contaminants in the form of heavy metals, it's too much of a risk to take just for the sake of vanity. And fakes abound in Asia, so get from the source
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Frozenstrawberrypie (love the name!), so I could have possibly purchased fake Manyue pearl powder? It did come in sealed boxes. I researched the seller as far as high feedback and many good comments on the quality of his pearl powder. I also questioned the seller at length about mercury content and was assured (naturally) that there is none in the Manyue brand. For that matter, I could simply take my hydrolyed pearl powder from TKB Trading stirred into water. I am certainly not willing to get mercury poisoning for the sake of beauty. Willing to do quite a bit, but not that!!! Shock I'd love your opinion on this. TIA!! JJ
frozenstrawberrypie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
JJ: I don't know about what you bought and it would be presumptuous for me make assumptions on them. They may well be bona fide.

But living in Asia, I'm very aware of food safety issues, particularly where herbal products are concerned, because of the many instances when national authorities have had to pull various (often packaged) products off the shelves for safety issues. Fakes are not uncommon in Asia as well.

So while I do take herbal products and all, I do exercise caution on where I buy my products from. Personally, I prefer to see the product and in some cases like pearls, buy them from a shop I trust. If you must get your pearl powder online, I advise you to do some research on safe levels of consumption etc. before consuming
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Frozenstrawberrypie, thank you so much for your input. I am going to halve my current daily dosage. I have a routine physical coming up in a month which will include blood tests, so I can determine at that point if my blood is showing any mercury levels. Hopefully, it will not and I can return to taking two capsules per day. I have only been taking the capsules for about one week and cannot tell anything about results yet. However, I am crazy about using hydrolyzed pearl powder in skincare recipes. As long as it's safe, it's one of the best ingredients I've ever used. I do know from researching this that there are many pearl powder creams on the market in Asia containing off-the-charts mercury levels. It never hurts to be cautious. Thanks again! JJ
Linda03

Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new but very interested in trying medical grade pearl powder. Can anyone tell me where to buy in the US that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I've got a surgery very soon and need to buy it quick! Thanks! Question Pray

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
look for trusted brand in asia
Kittty

Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I see recommendations on buying from trusted stores in Asia. But what are those stores? Can someone please help? I do not know any of the Asian languages, and wouldn't have a clue on how to find the information.
Is Wu Yang a good brand? What about the Dragon Herbs? I ordered Luz pearl powder on amazon, they are u.s. based, but have no ingredients listed on the jar, so I am thinking of returning the product. Did anyone have good results with a certain brand, please do share where you got it. Thank you!
Littleness
5% products discount

Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
BUMP. I'm interested too. Smile
kaiqing
5% products discount

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Ha-ha! they are Chinese words that means: "pure peal powder from seas" and "pure and superfine peal powder", the last sentence is trying to tell you the exact name of the factory!
Am I too late?

Bira wrote:
Hi again critic,

I checked the pearl powder packages and found that there's some English. Might be brand names. I bought two different brands. One is Chun zheng hai shui zhen zhu fen. Their web site iswww.zjmanyue.cn.

The other one is Chun zhen chao xi zhen zhu fen. This one has more English, zhejiangzhujishizhishenzhenzhufengchangchupin. I have no clue what any of these means. Is any of these words the brand name of the pearl powder?

TIA!
namastelife

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all! Were you guys able to find the good pearl powder? I'm sorry for not chiming in earlier! I get mine from a US site that imports Leishipai (a premium pearl powder brand) from HK. The website is rootandspring (dot) com. There's 12 individual vials and its 100% pearl powder. Super good value, highly recommend it.

As for the pearl powder, it's finely milled, doesn't have a taste, and my stubborn dark spots are actually lightening up! I mix a tiny bit with moisturizer for a brightening night mask once or twice a week. Super pampering!!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Is there a good one available here on EDS?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Hidyho, wondering how long Namastelife has used this pearl powder and if you have tried it internally yet? I have bee told this is the way to go in and outwardly.
Thanks for your response!
hautcosmetics
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing this awesome post, It is really great...
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Usually the quality of pearl powder is very good. It is great to use oral pearl powder to make facial mask. Do not buy pearl powder used to make facial mask, buy directly oral pearl powder to make mask, they are usually more delicate and better absorb.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |