Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Upper Lip Lines, Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Sasha2015

Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone found any home skin care tools or products that work to get rid of the upper lip lines. I resorted to fillers and that has helped but they are still there. I would like to find something I can do myself at home to remove them.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sasha,

welcome wave.

I don't have lip line issues, but I am using a small microcurrent device similar to ELE attachment for Nuface on my eyes and I am quite happy with it.
The ele manual states that it can be used for eye and lip lines, that is why I thought it is worth mentioning.
It is called KD-7701 and is quite cheap. There is a thread here about it:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48508.

HTH!
Sasha2015

Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maggie,

Thank You. That is too funny...I just purchased that unit on Monday but haven't received it yet! I hope it helps the lip lines and also the crows feet. I will provide and update if it does.

Sasha

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:40 am      Reply with quote
All great minds think alike Wink

I don't know if you used microcurrents before, I would warmly recommend you use a brush to apply gel to your face (I use brushes from hair tinting kits, I don't know where to find fan brushes like they use in salons), it applies gel so much better and you use a lot less of it.

Good luck!
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2016 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
You can buy inexpensive fan brushes at Sally Beauty Supply;many estheticians use them to apply face masks as well
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sasha

I saw that you are a Flexer, but couldn't find you in WorkShop. Anyway, I just posted a Target Training regime for Lip Lines. Get into WorkShop and check it out and give it a shot! For all those who would have been interested also, I'm sorry but I'm unable to write out the training here, as the entire training routine refers to the book.

BTW: So as not to cause confusion... FE Target Training is NOT meant to be the trainer's sole training regime i.e. ignoring the rest of the face. Target Training is for areas of the face that are lagging behind in their overall training or simply in need of extra attention.

When someone says you mustn't SPOT TRAIN because it causes imbalance ... please know they are not talking about FE Target Training (that accompanies a complete Facialbuilding program)... most assuredly, they are talking about any form of muscle training (face or body) that would cause an imbalance ... such as a bodybuilder 'spot building' (spending all his/her time on a particular area of the body.) A lot of male bodybuilders are guilty of this... building a huge chest and arms... and neglecting a pair of scrawny legs... Now THAT'S imbalance! Very Happy

5% products discount

Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:03 am      Reply with quote
After years of using TCA 25% or less, I bought 100% TCA, diluted it to 33% and spot tested on my upper lip lines. Finally, I have frosted and peeled deep enough to do some good. This page shows frosting at levels that are going to do some real good. A light peel doesn't do much good.

Here is the article title because I do not post enough I guess I cannot put links.

The Art of the TCA Chemical Peel

w.plastic surgery practice.co...chemical-peel/. com
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Where did you get the 100% and how did you dilute it?
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:57 am      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:
Where did you get the 100% and how did you dilute it?

You can get it on Ebay and they'd send you instructions on diluting it..I believe with distilled water.
But be careful, guys. 100% would literally burn your skin off.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm working on my crepey arms. The esTy did three 25% tca peels with no improvement. I just did a 25% tca 3 layers proceeded by a jessners. Skin peels nicely but no real improvement on crepiness. I'm wondering if I need stronger.
Tankeryanker
5% products discount

Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I got it at amazon from Erlenmeyer's Laboratory, LLC

Making 33% is easy since it is a 100% bottle. Take 1 pipette of TCA and mix with 2 pipettes of water.

The link doesn't work here is the page title
Trichloroacetic Acid Solution TCA 100% Concentrated Chemical Skin Peel (8 ml).
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Does the pipette come with it? Never heard of a pipette!!!
Tankeryanker
5% products discount

Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:34 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the pipette comes with.

Also, you can use any measuring device as long as you keep it two parts water to one part TCA
cafesemon

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Many times in DIY skincare you use solid and dense ingredients (like a butter) with carrier oils so a whisk helps combine things really well in a double boiler. Also, anytime you add in any powders, a whisk will ensure that your raw materials are evenly combined.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Has this level of tca peel helped with the lip lines?
JosephRP

Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
What about liftblue? Had any tried this. I had heard that this helps to improve skin tissues which will reduce these lines. What if anyone had tried this?

5% products discount

Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
***Update****

On one side of my mouth, the lip lines are all but gone and I am happy. The other side did not respond to the 33% and I had to bump it up to a higher amount (not totally sure of the %) and do a double layer and I am still not completely happy with the results.

Some doctors do a 50% TCA peel and I might go that high on this small section of skin.

Again, the higher the strength, the less pain.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Tankeryanker wrote:
***Update****

On one side of my mouth, the lip lines are all but gone and I am happy. The other side did not respond to the 33% and I had to bump it up to a higher amount (not totally sure of the %) and do a double layer and I am still not completely happy with the results.

Some doctors do a 50% TCA peel and I might go that high on this small section of skin.

Again, the higher the strength, the less pain.

How long is the recovery time when you use the 33% or higher? That's really strong, does it just peel or scab too?
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:55 am      Reply with quote
The higher the strength, less pain? I don't get it?
Tankeryanker
5% products discount

Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:36 am      Reply with quote
-I don't know why, but the higher the acid strength, the less pain. Maybe it numbs the nerves quicker? Not sure. Also, depending on what part of the face/body you are using the acid, the more or less sensitive it will be. My nose hardly hurts at all, but the lip or cheek area under the eyes hurts the most.

How long is the recovery time when you use the 33% or higher? That's really strong, does it just peel or scab too?

-These are my notes from my experience.
First morning
***Two swipes 33% on face (cloth dipped in acid)***
Mild swelling
Some redness
Little tightness okay for a hair appointment, but too tight for the dentist visit.
Face feels warm to hot.
***Three applications with brush 33%***
Higher level of redness and swelling. Safe to go out in public.
Second Morning
Some tightening of peel mask
***3 swipe areas starting to turn brown***
Could be at work on a day where you could hide.
Third Morning
Dark spots lessen
Very tight skin
Some peeling around mouth and lower cheeks
Okay to go to work if not full-face peel
Fourth Morning
Peeling slowed but visible
Dark patches getting darker, but not peeling.
Not okay in a personal public (self-shopping okay, but not returns or other face-to-face transaction)
Fifth Morning
Olive oil on micro cloth cleans and clears peeling skin.
Some heavy 33% application broken up
Most of heavy 33% application still red and not peeling
Forehead lines minimized.
Tankeryanker
5% products discount

Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Oh!. I do NOT neutralize my peels...ever
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I second the TCA Peels, microcurrent won't help with the lines especially if you are a smoker.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I know that one has to be very careful about chemical peels - especially when you purchase for an at-home treatment. What are the current reputable vendors of TCA peels and other peels also?
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried

CLARINSONIC PROFILE UPLIFT (using the massage head)

and use

FILORGA Nutri Filler?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |