Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Rejuvenique Mask LOL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
So I never knew about this mask, I am not sure how because I am so familiar with so many skin care gadgets and at home devices. I'm sure many of you know about this ridiculous looking piece of machinery known as the "Rejuvenique".

I believe it came out sometime in the 80's/90's? It's a hard plastic mask you wear over your face and on the inside (the side that contacts your face) are 26 golden metal contact points that when you power on, shock the facial muscles in individual zones and provide a facial exercise in 15 minutes, working each zone twice.

Now I've heard that this is more of a gimmick device; that it's silly and is more laughable than promising, however I found one on eBay for $24.99 brand new in box with free shipping so I bought one lol. They still sell for $100+ on Amazon so I figured what the heck.

Even though it comes with contact gel, I am purchasing my own conductive gel (9 oz for $6.55) and also buying spare 9 volt batteries (found a 6 pack for 6.99!) Gotta love Amazon Prime.

I do find it funny that it runs on 9 volts and the telephone cord connecting the mask to the power module looks hilarious and so retro. But I'm gonna give it try just for kicks and giggles, probably literally speaking.

I should get it Monday (April 11) so I'll let you all know, hope I don't shock myself! Anyone ever use one of these! What can I say, I guess I bought this because I got bored lol. I have far too many devices, this one though I have to try.

Instructional video for those not sure what I am talking about lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heVklJU4Jic
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
What a hoot! Let us know how it goes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
What a hoot! Let us know how it goes.

I certainly will. I'm suspecting it may be worthless but I just had to give it a go. Again, I guess I got bored. Either way it's only costing me a little over $30.00 total including supplies and honestly I'll keep it either way to joke with friends lol.

I tend to rely on Amazon for product reviews, although be weary because some are from people who received a discount or free product for feedback, however.. the Rejuvenique mask, even though it has a lot of silly made up reviews that are simply making fun of the way the mask looks and are from people that didnt actually purchase the product, some of the reviews do have honest people claiming they did notice results. And these reviews span from the early 2000's to now. Some of them actually seem like genuine reviews. Again I wont get my hopes up but we will see.

If anyone wants to check out some of the hilarious reviews though, search Rejuvenique on Amazon.

I'll be patiently waiting until Monday for my mask, I am honestly excited to try it, even though it may just be a gimmick.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
The delivery date was updated to this Friday, so I'll be able to try out this wonder machine earlier than I projected! Cant wait lol.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Well, shipment got delayed and it delivered Saturday.

The mask was brand new, although I am sure it's been sitting in this box for 15-20 years lol.

I opened it up, fit the mask with the velcro straps, took it off, installed the battery, put a small dollop of Signa-gel on each contact point, put on the mask back on, and powered it on. Immediately I was like ooooh, as I felt sensations starting on my forehead.

The treatment honestly wasnt bad, it's all about keeping your hand on the dial. I noticed when it was at the tip top of the forehead, and around the mouth it would hurt if the power was too high. And not a horrible pain just a sensitivity in those areas. In certain areas I turned the dial up high and it's crazy because you can feel your muscles involuntarily contracting as the pulses came through.

It actually works each zone 4 times! The 15 minutes seem to pass pretty quickly and again, keep your hand on the dial because you'll need to turn it up and down depending on the zone of the pulses. Some zones I turned it up very high and could literally feel the muscles flexing in my face, muscles I didnt even know could flex lol.

The only downside of this mask, the clean up. It isn't super messy but once you take it off the gel has sort of slid down the contact, and you have to wipe it all down and wipe underneath and in between the contacts which is sort of troublesome, not a huge downfall but just quite annoying. Also, having to apply a small dollop to each of the 26 treatment heads, also is a little annoying.

All in all, I do honestly think it was a decent facial/massage/exercise. I don't plan on ever using this daily, but could see it being a nice bi-weekly thing! Was kind of fun to operate, honestly, and it did not do any harm at all, only thing was it left a few dent marks from where the contacts sat on my forehead, and they were gone in maybe 20 mins.

Gotta say, Rejuvenique exceeded my expectations! Not bad for $25!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |