Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Wrinkle Patches - Testing Multiple Brands
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
AngelaE8654 wrote:
I've tried every single one of these and have not been satisfied with the results. What I personally use (and have been using for a long time) is ScarAway patches. They're soft and don't bother your face a bit while sleeping and they DON'T show lines after removal. I cut them down to size and place them on the lines. These particular ones I cut into 1/4 and place one under each eye. They significantly soften the look of the lines. I wash them three times before discarding them. I have found that the fourth time doesn't work well but three washes and they're great. I get them on the "Subscribe and Save" program through Amazon.

Very interesting...I will check those out!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany did you try any of these 3 on your nasolabial folds?
I've tried using frownies there but find they don't stay put there, they stay fine on my forehead but not on NLs. What experience did you have?
Thanks so much!
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
VirginiaWhite wrote:
I've tried using frownies there but find they don't stay put there, they stay fine on my forehead but not on NLs. What experience did you have?
Thanks so much!

Virginia, the ScarAway patches stay put very, very well and are extremely comfortable because you pretty much don't feel them at all while they are on your skin. If I had issues with my nasolabial folds, I would personally use the longer ones and cut them into proper sized strips to use on the NL folds. Just a thought. Smile

Here are some of the longer ones:

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
VirginiaWhite wrote:
Thanks so much!

No I did not. Sorry!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
ok great idea, thanks! I may even have a cicacare patch left, it is same as scar away, I bought it on the continent for a scar I had once.

Bethany ok cheers.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
VirginiaWhite wrote:
ok great idea, thanks! I may even have a cicacare patch left, it is same as scar away, I bought it on the continent for a scar I had once.

Bethany ok cheers.

Yeah, that should work pretty well. I've used those in the past as well. I like the comfort of the ScarAway (I don't feel them at all on my skin) but as far as results go, I think the two are pretty much the same.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Angela, are these hot to wear?

I tested a silicone set earlier in this thread, and felt like my forehead was sweating at night under the patch, lol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:14 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Angela, are these hot to wear?

I tested a silicone set earlier in this thread, and felt like my forehead was sweating at night under the patch, lol.

I haven't found them to be, but I am on Washington State's coast, where the climate is pretty mild. The size of each piece that I wear is one quarter of the size of the whole pad, so it's not very large. But I haven't found them to be hot to wear and we had a pretty muggy summer here.

These are a cloth type material so they might absorb sweat, if you happen to sweat under them. But I don't ever remember a time where I sweated under them and I've been using them in this way for well over a year.

I really don't think you'll find them to be hot. The material is cool and "breathable". Not like some kinds of silicone you might find on the market.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Angela!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I remembered to pay attention to this last night and no they are not in any way hot. I don't really feel them at all...not from heat, not from the actual feel of the pad. Nothing. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm definitely trying these. I've been getting elevens, and I'm not a frowner. I've been waking up with horrid, super deep frown lines, so I'm either frowning in my sleep, or it's because I'm a side sleeper. I've been putting regular old shipping tape between my brows. It works like a charm...no more lines when I wake up. The eleven area is totally smooth. It's just like regular clear tape but thicker, stiffer. I put retinol on my face, let it sink in for 5 minutes or so, and then put on the tape. Yep I'm using office supplies on my face. Laughing I've been doing it for a month and haven't had any issues or weird break outs or anything yet, but I just ordered some scar away, will report back with findings!
Cocoa_Crema
5% products discount

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I use Frownies and I find that they are much more economical than Furlesse. I use the Frownies for the furrow between my brow and my nasolabial folds. I have noticed a definite improvement in both areas with the consistent use of Frownies....However they are ugly and my lover teases me all the time about how silly they are. In addition, it's hard to drink water after you put them on because it causes the dried glue to detach from the skin.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have been testing using Tac Gel to prolong the life of the ScarAway pads and it WORKS! Works beautifully and my under eye lines are even SOFTER and less noticeable than ever before and absolutely NO "sleep lines" at all because the pads stay put better than ever before. The Tac Gel is relatively inexpensive; it's less than $7 on Amazon and one tube will last FOREVER. I suspect it can extend the life of the ScarAway pads to double or even TRIPLE what I was getting before. That's quite a savings.

Tac Gel:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000K4YZWU/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Angela! That is a really great tip! I have been using the Scar Away pads (thanks again) & REALLY like them! Very Happy Very Happy

I have some Tac gel that I use with my Safetox so will try it out tonight!
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
You are most welcome, cabrita. Let me know what you think. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
i tried frownies but I felt they had too much glue and too hard to get off. Im going to try scotch tape, its lighter and easier to take off yet keeps the area line free.its cheap too Laughing
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
i tried frownies but I felt they had too much glue and too hard to get off. Im going to try scotch tape, its lighter and easier to take off yet keeps the area line free.its cheap too Laughing

I really did not like the Frownies for many reasons.

I do really prefer the Furless. They work but are not so ugly brown.

I did like the medical tape (Nexcare, etc.) It is available in the first aid section.

5% products discount

Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any recommendations for marionette lines (corner of mouth to chin lines)?Actually, they re slowly turning into creases. I've tried Frownies but they didn't stay on and were so uncomfortable. Plus, they did nothing for this area. In addition, I ve been doing facial exercises for a little over 2 months and my 11s, crows feet and forehead lines are completely gone! However, I don't see much improvement in the marionette lines....any suggestions?
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to update my last comment from 6 months ago. I was using regular old tape on my forehead at night. It actually continues to work extremely well. I did buy frownies and found them no more or less effective, so went back to the tape. I just sort of pull my eyebrows apart a bit and put a little piece of tape there, and then another and another on top of it. Three small layers. Keeps me from frowning while sleeping. I've trained myself not to frown while awake but I'm obviously also doing it while sleeping.

Also, I've completely eliminated my elevens by doing one exercise. It starts out like the Lift Brows occasional exercise from Ageless. And in addition to doing that, I pull the eyebrows apart from each other and frown hard while doing it. I'm not making frown lines because I'm stretching the skin by pulling the brows apart. You can feel the muscle underneath working. After a month of doing it for several minutes every other day, that area is completely smooth and the frown lines are gone. Now when I frown, the area between my brows is thick and the skin doesn't even really crumple into lines anymore.
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Frownies give me new lines from the shape of them being there. with the scar tape mentioned above, for sure, there is not "new lines" or marks caused?? And what kind of shape do you cut it into for the "11"s?? Would you mind sharing pictures of yourself with the stuff on, to see how you cut/place it and do you stretch the skin like with frownies first??
Also, to the OP who posted about the Frownies gentle lifts for 11's, supposedly they are great for that area, but do they leave marks/new lines?
Iris Siri

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using wrinkle patches but the result is not so pleasing. My older sister gave me Lift Wand and it is more effective. I have less wrinkles in just a month of using it.
kristiel6
5% products discount

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using wrinkle patches from the 99centonly stores for years, and they work beautifully for me. They are made by Nu-Pore and are called gel eye patches. For 99cents you get 4 patches. I usually buy them out every few months and wear them every night. They have kept my crows feet at bay.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |