Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What are your results with Olaplex?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2016 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hello and good day,
I regularly go to to the salon (every 8-10 weeks) to highlight my dark blonde hair (they use bleach to get lighter/brighter highlites). For the past 4-5 sessions, my salon has been adding Olaplex into the color to apparently help the condition of my hair after processing. The first few (3 or 4) times my hair was shiny and soft, however this last time my hair is very much more dry, brittle and 'crispy' than usual. The same stylist does it every time so there isn't a change on that front.

I am wondering if the Olaplex might be making my hair dried out and such, and whether I should skip it next coloring session. Anyone else ever notice a change (good or bad) with the use of Olaplex? Or do you all love your Olaplex now that you have tried it out a handful of times or more?

Thank you!
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2016 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Just noted that I should have posted this inquiry into the EDS Lounge - my apologies.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2016 6:34 am      Reply with quote
My hairdresser puts an olaplex (3 I believe?) leave-in treatment for me after every color. I get highlights and lowlights. I love it. Makes my hair greasy but I leave it in for 3 days and then finally wash. My hair looks healthier and feels softer. It is a long 3 days haha.

Sat May 21, 2016 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I use it at home every few weeks and love it! I'm a level 5-6 brunette who goes to a level 9-10 blonde with ombre balayage. It really makes my hair much stronger and shinier. The thing I've noticed with Olaplex is that it just be followed up with a rich conditioner. It repairs broken bonds but does not him for protein and moisture. Maybe try that and see if it makes a difference.
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2016 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the suggestions - I will keep at it and switch out my hair products to see if that helps.
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2016 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I like to use a deep conditioning mask a night or two before my hair color.Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask is a good and inexpensive one.
westwood
5% products discount

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:49 am      Reply with quote
I have very long mid brown hair, and have 3 tones of highlights, but it has been drying out my hair and causing split ends, and none of those highlights had bleach in them - so not very effective for lightening.
I was looking for a good conditioner, when I originally found out about Olaplex online via Youtube, and bought a small amount of numbers 1 & 2 to use at home from eBay. I just used it on my hair as a 2 part conditioner, a week before going to my hairdresser. I chatted with her about Olaplex, and she said they did it at the salon (news to me!). So, on my NEXT visit, I had Olaplex blended with the colour and it also enabled me to get one as bleach to acheive the look I wanted.
I was very happy. My hair has more 'life' to it, bouncy and supple. Not like before - and this is with bleach!
So - I've only used it twice, but I agree with other posters - you do still need to use a good conditioner between visits. Otherwise, it is suggested you buy Olaplex Number 3 for home use between visits. Maybe that would solve the problem for you?
Take a look on eBay, many salons are selling smaller sized bottles for home use, and you can try it without great expense?
Felicity77
5% products discount

Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I have had the olaplex treatment for my hair twice, my hairdresser used step 1 and 2? I then bought step 3 to use at home and leave it in overnight before washing out to get a deep condition. I loved the results, my hair felt very swishy. My hair can be quite dry and brittle, I think my thyroid problem has added to this issue.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |