Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review:: PSF Pumpkin Enzyme Peel just ROCKED MY WORLD!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl 30 min. Oh.....It is very long. I saw the use direction recommend to apply not more than 15 min. Shock
For me, just only few second and then wash off immediately.
I thought, I am under roaccutan treatment.
Therefore, my facial is quite more irritation.
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased this product. I left it on for 3 minutes and had no adverse reactions. I will try for 4 minutes on my next peel. My skin feels so smooth after using this product.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I like home peeling,so several peeling items are on my dressing table.Because of my oily skin,peeling is important to me.
As your review I wanna to use it.I heard enzyme peeling is very good for all skin type,especially oily skin.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
NoNaMe wrote:
Canadian Girl 30 min. Oh.....It is very long. I saw the use direction recommend to apply not more than 15 min. Shock

Yup, 30 mins- my skin is really tough and 5 mins didn't do anything so I left it on longer.

After wards I have no irritation, my skin is just a little pink. And it looks and feels great the next day (I do this at night).

I do not reccommend this practice to anyone who has sensitive skin, or even "normal" skin.
Use your own judgement about what your skin can handle.
I know my skin does not get irritated easily, but it is acne prone.

HTH
CH
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
NoNaMe wrote:

Yup, 30 mins- my skin is really tough and 5 mins didn't do anything so I left it on longer.

After wards I have no irritation, my skin is just a little pink. And it looks and feels great the next day (I do this at night).

I do not reccommend this practice to anyone who has sensitive skin, or even "normal" skin.
Use your own judgement about what your skin can handle.
I know my skin does not get irritated easily, but it is acne prone.

HTH
CH

I am very jealously.
Anyhow, I stop to use it for a while.
After finish the treatment, I will try to use it again.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
i have just used this and OMG it stung like hell...but smells gorgeous, i just wanted to lick my face off after the time was up Laughing
but wow it really stung bad but i gritted my teeth and after 3/4mins it was better...somehow my forehead didnt feel a thing tho
after rinsing it off...still early days...but my skin does feel smoother and softer and dont know whether i was used to my orange face for that 5mins but now when i look in the mirror, theres still an orange tint Shock Very Happy
i have to use this for a few more times to really know if its working tho....

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered mine. Counting down the days for its arrival ....

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
I got this peel a few weeks ago and have now used it 3 times. The first time I didn't put too much on and let sit for 15 mins- it did sting a bit. I thought it only made a slight difference in my skin. The next 2 times, I really layered it on, and left it on for 30 mins, and then rinsed off- but used really warm water. The warm water caused the peel to sting a bit more- but my skin is pretty tough so it isn't too bad for me. But the results were great. My skin was immediately smoother and brighter.

I think the warm water really activated the peel somehow, and like linda suggested earlier, next time I will warm the actual peel first and then put it on.

HTH

Oh i see, the warm water really has its role. If i didn't see your message, I think I would just use tap water to rinse off. Thank you.

CG
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've been wanting to try a pumpkin peel after having one applied during my last facial.

Even though it says to avoid the eye area, has anyone applied this to their crows feet?
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
cloe wrote:
I've been wanting to try a pumpkin peel after having one applied during my last facial.

Even though it says to avoid the eye area, has anyone applied this to their crows feet?

i wouldnt want to apply this peel to your eye area...it seriously does sting! even when i use it near my lips, i have to wipe it off my lips cos its really uncomfortable. so i would advise you to NOT use it around your eyes
Kyrya
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I did my first pumpkin peel last night, it stings like crazy but the results are so good that I'm going to continue with it.

I only left it on for 5 minutes as directed but I think I'll leave it for 10 - 15 from now on.

How often do you peel??

I was thinking about doing it twice to three times a week, is that too often???
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Kyrya wrote:
I did my first pumpkin peel last night, it stings like crazy but the results are so good that I'm going to continue with it.

I only left it on for 5 minutes as directed but I think I'll leave it for 10 - 15 from now on.

How often do you peel??

I was thinking about doing it twice to three times a week, is that too often???

I only use it once a week. The label on the jar says to use it once weekly so I am not sure whether it is advisable to use more than that.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Smile I just read the instructions, mine says once to twice a week for a max of 5mins at a time, I think I'll do it twice Smile
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
even though it was to leave it on for 5minutes, now that iv gotton used to it, i leave mine on for 25-30 minutes and the results are great!

well i still got scars, balckheads and pimples here and there, but it leaves my skin so soft and smooth espec the good blemish-free parts of my face Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
It's not miraculous, but I did like this mask more than the Juice Apple peel. It tingles a LOT for the first minute, then it's ok. It makes me skin look cleaner when I use it. I don't see a huge difference in my acne or acne scars, but I think it has a slight effect.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I hoped it would reduce my acne scars too, I think it just gives me an even complexion and smoother skin surface which is still great Smile I'm glad I bought it Very Happy
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I wonder how this compares to the NCN peel? I read that the NCN is stronger. I normally would like that but after I did my last DIY aspirin mask with too much glycolic acid and gave myself a chemical burn, I am wary about using products that are too strong. Usually my skin is resilient, but I wonder if I am using too many acids and actives and it's making my skin more sensitive.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I have used the PSF Pumpkin Peel a few times now - and have deliberately waited before I posted.

I certainly felt a stinging sensation which alarmed me at first and my face gets a bit pink afterwards. 5 mins has been the max time I have left it on for fear of going red or orange!

As for my skin afterwards, I haven't got the glowy, dewy results others have posted - but then again, my skin is pretty rough and dull at the moment. It hasn't broken me out though (and I always see that as a plus).

Not sure if I would repurchase at this stage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
i finally tried this masque. unlike some others, i hated the smell of this masque. it didn't sting as much as i thought it would and after using it a few times, the stinging decreased. To tell you the truth, i didn't notice the significant changes some others have experienced but my skin did feel softer and smoother. I don't think i will be repurchasing this only because i hated the smell of this masque.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:17 am      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
I wonder how this compares to the NCN peel? I read that the NCN is stronger. I normally would like that but after I did my last DIY aspirin mask with too much glycolic acid and gave myself a chemical burn, I am wary about using products that are too strong. Usually my skin is resilient, but I wonder if I am using too many acids and actives and it's making my skin more sensitive.

It's been several years now, has anybody tried both PSF and NCN pumpkin peels? I'm really interested to see a comparison of their performance, but haven't been able to find much info here on EDS. Anyone.....?

TIA!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
If you do an EDS search, there is at least one thread comparing PSF and NCN's.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24651

I've tried a few pumpkin masks (Zia, PSF, NCN, etc.) and my fav is NCN Pro Pumpkin Peel - but it is 30% acid so try a sample first. PSF's is 8% acid.

Nanci's (NCN) sample page:
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/virtuemart/34.html
PSF's sample page:
https://www.psfskincare.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=SMPL&keywords=all

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
skim wrote:

It's been several years now, has anybody tried both PSF and NCN pumpkin peels? I'm really interested to see a comparison of their performance, but haven't been able to find much info here on EDS. Anyone.....?

TIA!

Here's one thread that compares the two... EDS search function can be kind of challenging, you either get too many hits or none.....

Anyway, I've tried both masks. NCN smells more like pumpkin, and with 30% glycolic acid, it's certainly much stronger. It's also a lot more $$. I actually prefer PSF pumpkin mask; it's become a staple in my routine, because I just don't think a 30% peel is necessary for my skin type.

Hope this helps,

Athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Athena and Lunarmm!
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Is this suitable for pregnant women?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used this in years, just ordered some yesterday.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |