Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
LED help please!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jencarl
5% products discount

Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I have been wanting to order a tool for LED therapy. I have lines, some sagging, and hyperpigmentation. I was looking into this device https://www.amazon.com/Derma-Light-Anti-Age-Device-EpiCare/dp/B00HXEWNI8/ref=sr_1_7_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1468175375&sr=8-7&keywords=spa+sonic

Any thoughts? I keep leaning towards this type of product over a lightstim because I feel like I need green light too. Am I correct?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:42 am      Reply with quote
You don't need a green light to deal with those issues, in fact many use Lightstim for them and have had successful results. I know there are various promoters of different coloured lights out there - and they will all tell you that their colour is the best, but I think its actually a balance of different colours that has better long term effects.
jencarl wrote:
Any thoughts? I keep leaning towards this type of product over a lightstim because I feel like I need green light too. Am I correct?
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
The RejuvaliteMD is currently on sale at Groupon for $109 (usually $249). I have the older model and it works great. The new one looks much better and only takes 5 minutes a day for the whole face, according to Trophy Skin. It might be worth checking out.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, first time posting and it's not letting me.. try again. I have that dermalight, I like it because it has green, which does help get rid of hyperpigmentation much better than red. it also blinks, which I read somewhere is more effective. the head is just a bit bigger than an egg. I wish it was bigger. I also had a mask I bought off auction made in China that has the different colors. I liked it a lot, but one day it stopped working after not that much use. I really liked it, and I have given away other LED gadgets because they were too much work. I feel like these things only help doing it often and laying it close or on the skin
wkw1203
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone try blue light therapy? Just wonder that it can cure my acne or not.
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

LED of various wavelengths works and is backed by science with NASA starting it all Smile

Sorry to be a little redundant, there are several LED threads going. I'll write it again... I purchased a Prolight red/infrared in 2009 and I still use and love it! Except that it's too small for me. So, I did a little research. I've seriously joked about wanting a LED spa in my bathroom. After seeing Gwyneth Paltrow say that red light therapy changed her life, I decided it was time to finally develop my own spa.

I purchased red light 660 nm panels that are used for fish tanks and infrared lights (tested for mercury emissions) 850 nm and am using them in a temporary setting until I finish my treatment location.

Light therapy is beneficial on many levels. Check out the blog I wrote this past week:

http://www.skinremodelingdiy.com/blog/http/wwwskinremodelingdiycom/2016/01/17/increase-collagen-reduce-wrinkles-reduce-pain-and-detox-with-light-emitting-diodes-led

I am loving my treatments, which have many benefits including making one feel good.

Best wishes,
HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:42 am      Reply with quote
So, what device do you gals rec the most? I would like a rec for a device under $150 if possible, and then a rec for a more powerful/larger gadget that's under $400. I really think light therapy is the one thing missing out of my skincare regime.

I am 32, no wrinkles yet, but folds around mouth and 11s between eyes will be a problem, as I have my mom's exact skin. Use Vit C, Ret-A looking to tighten, smooth, & especially help with any discoloration & smooth pores.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I love my baby quasar, had it for years and it has great reviews.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I have a Baby Q and have used it since it first came out. You should check out some of the original threads here, tons of LED feedback.
IT doesn't do anything for deep wrinkles but it will temporarily plump and even out the skin tone.
I use it about once a week for maintenance.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:39 am      Reply with quote
RejuvaliteMD is a great option which is a must try
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi; I love LED and get great results from it. I was just introduced yesterday to this new device and love it. More details here: https://imfabulouscosmetics.com/blogs/news/the-truth-about-led-lights-and-why-it-works
5% products discount

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:27 am      Reply with quote
hydrogeogirl wrote:
Hi!

LED of various wavelengths works and is backed by science with NASA starting it all Smile

How have the effects been from this for you? Any before or after pics? Also I read that the LED has to make contact with the skin or at the least be very close in order to effect the fibroblasts and whatnot? Is that the case?

Thanks
Violetbadcat
5% products discount

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Lightstim. Ohmigod, I love Lightstim. I've used a number of LED devices over the years- Baby Quasar is good, but my LightStim is a workhorse. My first Lightstim was for acne, in my 20's; it STILL works just as well as it did the first day I turned it on about 13 years ago. 13 years. I have had so many gadgets and tools over the years and none have lasted much beyond their warranty. It was some of the most worthwhile money I've ever spent.

I've tried cheaper versions too- just our curiosity, or I won them, that sort of thing, but they didn't deliver the same results.

Regardless of which route you take, I think infrared, and amber/yellow wavelengths are important in addition to red. I know that devices that have all of these detachable heads, each of a single color, are very alluring, because it feels like more bang for your buck, but a quality unit with single head of a few different diodes is really going to serve you better in the long run, imho.

I'm also really loving the Photoserum and masque from Lightstim as well. Photosomes are amazing. Even if you opt for something else, you can bump up the benefits of LED therapy with a light activated product. The science behind it is real and fascinating. Photosomes begin working instantly to repair cellular damage, especially sun damage, and they take the whole LED experience to the next level. I hope to see more companies develop light activated products.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |