Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Becst*r wrote:
Immacolata wrote:
Check it out - finally a video of someone using the Derminator on her face! She looks to be making larger circles than I use, but she stays in one area for longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzUdMhmmssI

Thanks for the link! I have also not been spending as long in the one area. Do you do your whole face in a sitting? It's been a while since I read the whole thread and can't remember if anyone has mentioned how long they are spending on a whole face session. I'm not keen on the timer 😏

Hi, sorry for not answering sooner. I break it up into areas - I'll do around the lips and on my forehead one day, then cheeks and neck the net.

I've been goofing around and haven't used it in months. Got to start again!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
My Derminator basically gets me to spend 1 minute on each square inch at 'fast' setting. I find this very slow, but realise that I've probably been cheating, going faster than I should, when I don't use the timer.

I've been doing various body parts on different days: shins (roller, Derminator took too long) one day, elbows another (much easier with Derminator - too painful with roller), neck and decolletage another, face hands and wrists only when I know I can have the next day as downtime. Trying to do all that in one day was putting me off. I find that the neck and decolletage just look pink but don't cause me downtime the next day, and the legs and elbows can be hidden away.

My cheeks are like the neck - fatty and just get pink, but my worst areas like nasolabial folds, upper lip and wrists look pretty scary the next day, so I like to hide away. Much worse if I've done single needling in the lines.
Wilco

Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have just received my derminator but not sure where to start! I have had 2 salon micro needling treatments. The first used a numbing cream and 2mm needles and the result was amazing...very red and tight but definite reduction in scars. The 2nd was about 12 months later with no numbing but I suspect smaller needles and no result...slight redness etc. I think they were 2 very different treatments.

So what's my first move??!!
Thanks for any advice Very Happy
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Have you read the Owndoc instructions and forums (esp those dealing with acne scars, if that's your concern)?

http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi all

I've just ordered a Derminator, and I was wondering for those who were using AnteAGE Home MicroNeedling Solution - do you like it? Is it worth the money?

Thanks
KL
odaatcathy

Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Hello all...just a quick question. Is it o.k. to buy a pre-owned Derminator? Of course, I would buy new needles. Thank you!
stephen1001
5% products discount

Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
where can i purchase the derminator ive been looking all over the internet
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
stephen1001 wrote:
where can i purchase the derminator ive been looking all over the internet

http://shop.owndoc.com/product-info.php?Derminator-pid255.html

5% products discount

Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:06 am      Reply with quote
odaatcathy wrote:
Hello all...just a quick question. Is it o.k. to buy a pre-owned Derminator? Of course, I would buy new needles. Thank you!

I bought a second hand one that was supposed to be unused, I cleaned the inside of the hand piece with alcohol (methylated spirits) before use.

From experience the inside of the hand piece can get fluid in it. I use a combo of vitamin C spray & Avene mineral spray and it wicks up into the hand piece. I have to make sure I clean this sterilise after and before each use. HTH

5% products discount

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
website to purchase isnt working tho
stephen1001
5% products discount

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
is there any other website i can purchase?
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:33 am      Reply with quote
The website seems to be working now. I think you can only get it new from OwnDoc.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:58 am      Reply with quote
looks great, any place to buy a second hand one ?
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I am interested in purchasing one of these, know previously discounts were available but that doesn't seem to be the case now, is it worth waiting for these or was it just when they were first introduced?

Can I ask which actives you have found the most effective for scar reduction with these also. TIA xx
stephen1001
5% products discount

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
site still not working tho
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I ordered mine last week, website worked no problem, just waiting for it delivered now Smile If anyone can chip in on what they use with this would be appreciated TIA xx
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
So I finally caved and ordered a Derminator last night, at like 11:30pm, holding a glass of wine. I ordered a (US plug) Derminator, 3 extra 9-needle cartridges and a tube of Infadolan. I did not get an email yet saying it has been shipped but I am sure I will get that email within a day or two. How exciting, finally! I have literally been eyeing the Derminator since its release and have purchased so many other devices in that period so I put my foot down and finally allowed myself to add something great to my arsenal. Also, I noticed the price kept going down, it started at around $200 and it’s now $170 and it’s been $170 for a while, so I figured it wasn’t going much lower.

I have a little experience with microneedling. A few years back I got a manual roller and did my face however I was never able to do a proper aggressive roll because of the sensations and because I did not want to press too hard, therefore I don’t think it did me much good. About a year or so ago I purchased a knock off MYM Dermapen on eBay and actually got a decent roll but I couldn’t trust the machine, and after researching and listening to Sarah talk about the differences between the Derminator and the other microneedling pens (and microtearing), I had to finally get the Derminator because I do think microneedling is an EXCELLENT way to achieve beautiful skin at any age and I believe that the Derminator is the cream of the crop.

My main concern is improving texture, and some fine lines, I do have a few tiny scars that could use some plumping as well.

Be prepared because I am going to be all over this thread with questions and asking for tips, what length, how often, products before and after, etc. So thank you in advance for all the help and info! Smile

So very excited for this one! I have purchased so many skin care gadgets but this one I am especially happy for!

I’ll be (im)patiently waiting for it! Wink
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Got an email yesterday saying that it was taken to the post office and handed over to be shipped. I should receive a tracking number maybe today or tomorrow as they don't release the tracking number until a day or so after it's shipped, they explained it all in the email.

How long did it take yours to ship to the US? I'm thinking it'll take about 1.5-2 weeks.

I already have a friend that wants me to do a treatment on her. I need to get pure HA for the slip, also I am looking at some CP serums to incorporate, maybe make a Vit C serum.

Do you guys recommend HA for the slipping agent or saline? Would I be able to use a "wound wash" saline spray? I like the idea of using HA as I know the needles will be pushing it deep into the skin.

So so so excited for the Derminator, finally.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Ha! I received my Derminator before even getting the tracking info, came on Thursday, I ordered it I believe the Wed/Thurs before. Crazy to make it to the US in about 6 days from Czech Republic. I opened it and set it aside, had a lot to do this weekend so I didn't want to have my face looking brutal lol. Will probably do a treatment this Friday immediately following work. I am really excited to get started with this. Bought some HA powder to make a serum as well. Gotta say, the machine is legit and well built! Worth every penny from just looking at it, we will see what sort of results I get down the road!
Little Pearl

Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I got interested in micro needling a few years ago. Did it myself, with rollers and stamps, even though needles have ALWAYS been a phobia of mine. I was following the rules, reading everything that I could and felt good about it. I've considered ordering The Derminator several times but, in the end, decided not to. Reading some negative stuff about micro needling, I decided not to. So, recently, I did a peel and was ready to sign up for laser resurfacing. I'm half Portuguese so my dermatologist said that laser isn't suited for my, not very dark, olive complexion (hyper pigmentation). Ugh! I had such HIGH hopes! So, I got a ViPEEL, which was fun, and had planned to do eMatrix (radio waves) next. Read a BUNCH of reviews about it and basically, you pay A LOT of money with very few results. This all brought me back HERE. I'm FINALLY going to order The Derminator! I spent $250 on the peel and the eMatrix would have been, after several, required, treatments WELL over $1,000, so I figured that my, hard earned, money would be better spent on this tool. I've read many of the comments here, over the years, and most people seem positive, so, WHY NOT? I did have some worries about it making it's way to the U.S.. Has anyone living in California ever not received their order? I got the feeling that sometimes it doesn't make it through. Guess I can take a shot but would HATE to lose over $200! I'm cheap and that's why I'm a "Do-it-Youselfer". BTW, I am going to do another ViPeel but I'm ordering it online and saving a few bucks! Ha!
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I received mine in Seattle with no problems. Also, the price has dropped so now's a good time to buy. It was $30 more last year.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! SUPER FAST delivery! I had expected it to take WEEKS and WEEKS! I have visions of my Derminator being held up in customs FOREVER! Not so! Only took about 12 days and I'm in California! Fab! BUMMER, that I have to wait till after a dental appointment, on Thursday, to try it out on my face. Don't want to go in looking too beat up! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! Yay!
mahvish75

Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am in USA always wanted to purchased Derminator after reading positive reviews on this board.Right now they are out and not sure when it will be available.I am not sure how much they will run their new stock.PLEASE suggest me about what to ordering more needles cuartagos for last longer coz ordering and waiting forlong would be a pain
I am also concerned about UPS missing items and late delivery issues need your feed back :)PLZ give me your honest opinion.
One of my skin therapist friend has a spa and she asked me and desperate to know if she should buy one Derminator for her spa and treat her clients and will get the same results as Dr's office with expensive medical grade skin pens?Need all your feed back ASAP before i suggest her.Thanks
mahvish75

Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am in USA always wanted to purchased Derminator after reading positive reviews on this board.Right now they are out and not sure when it will be available.I am not sure how much they will run their new stock.PLEASE suggest me about what to ordering more needles cuartagos for last longer coz ordering and waiting forlong would be a pain
I am also concerned about UPS missing items and late delivery issues need your feed back :)PLZ give me your honest opinion.
One of my skin therapist friend has a spa and she asked me and desperate to know if she should buy one Derminator for her spa and treat her clients and will get the same results as Dr's office with expensive medical grade skin pens?Need all your feed back ASAP before i suggest her.Thanks
jiidea
5% products discount

Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Long time since i posted here.. I dont know if its even relevant anymore. But I bought the derminator to see if i can minizie the few depressed acne scar spots I got.

I first tried the derminator once a week on a fairly low depth.. 1mm to 1.5 mm .. Did it once a week.. didnt really use anything .. No potions and lotions.. And i didnt really see any results.. after the summer i returned to the derminator..

This time I thougth id go deeper in a last effort to see results.. So i went deep, 2 mm on the cheeks.. And I believe it went even deeper, since i had a finger in my mouth on the area where the needle would go in.. So it could very well have been 2.25 mm on the cheeks..

This time, after a months time, I saw dramatic results.. as in the scar is likely 50% gone now.. after just one session.. I needled again, 4 weeks later, this time, 19 days after the 2nd round, the scar is maybe 60% gone.. So ill keep going at it in month intervals.. Im aiming for 80% gone.. and ill by just happy! Just thougth id share my 2 cents.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |