Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Has anyone tried plumping their lips through facial exercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
siany90

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi A-Tester,
what exercises do u do to get results on your lips?
Thanks
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
THANKS cm5597, LOL,

It's almost embarrassing to post that you need to buy childrens frames for your glasses! Every Time I deal with a new person when buying they insist I try adult frames which not only fall off my head, but make my eyes look like they are way too close together! Rolling Eyes
It's soooo good to know I am not alone. Smile

Oh, man, I have the same problem Smile Normal adult glasses look like clown glasses on me because of my small frame and my eyes are super-close together. It's funny, though, as it's not that obvious until I actually put on adult glasses.

DarkMoon wrote:
Back to exercises my main issue is lifting the lid area, that's my biggie on what decided to droop on my face! Laughing

It seems to me from reading others' posts that running into eye problems (e.g., overbuilding) is not that common (c.f., gauntness or the buccinators sucking inwards). It seems that the two eye problems that some people run into are (1) overbuilding (for people who have been exercising for a long time and/or are super-zealous and are not monitoring their build closely enough, though this problem is easily fixed), and (2) in rare cases, sometimes the under-eye area can look a little worse for the wear from exercise and massage, as the area starts to heal and move the damaged tissue out (or, occasionally, it will look worse if people overdo it and are doing 3-4x the recommended amount of eye exercises).

If you are a little reluctant, I would say just to move slowly so that you can build confidence and figure out what works for you. At this stage, I think a low-cost programs like Facercise (just the book or older copy of the DVD), Ageless If You Dare (if that's still available), or Senta Maria Runge's Facelifting by Exercise are all great first introductions to facial exercise (or for many, they are enough in and of themselves).

Personally, they have given me the best results over everything else I have tried, not only in terms of giving me my cheeks back, but they have also done wonders for my skin. Of course, to each, their own, but I have to sing the benefits of them and how grateful I am Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi ATester - Have you considered starting a thread on Piabelli? - I've been so curious about this line. where do you get it? What do you think? Pluses, minuses, cost, etc.

Sorry to break thread protocal but throwing the idea out there.
I know there are some interested parties.

Hi Sister sweets, nothing to do with this thread obviously, I already stated my opinion on the Piabeli tread started here before

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34403.

I'm only using nowdays the anti-spot -pigment spot 'cream'- and the lotion previous to an AALS session, just started testing this out about a week ago, funny you happen to ask the question at this moment... so far, so good. The questions mentioned should be asked on the already opened thread... ??? Yes??
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:

I've found facial exercises great for the lips and lower end of face... the eyes seem to be taking longer, so is my forehead,... I use Safetox too, but I think it may just be a question of 'that is life'! My forehead lines seem deeper, or wider, and the crows feet are multiplying!!

Following the thread, exercises have done wonders for my lips!

Reading myself, must add, nothing to do with lips though, very pleased with exercises for the lip area,.... I may have sound annoyed -which I was, but I don't mean exercises have done any harm, in fact the forehead lines seem more open, flattened, and the crows feet have multiplied but instead of three deep lines I have a fan of fine ones now, the deep ones have vanished. Hopefully this could be called an ugly stage.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
siany90 wrote:
Hi A-Tester,
what exercises do u do to get results on your lips?
Thanks

Hi siany90, I'm sorry but the exercises have all been from exercise programs that I bought, don't think I can say much here.
Yet, here is a web page which offers, as I can see, quite good exercises:
http://www.dermaxime.com/facial-exercises-lips-cheeks.htm

HIH, A.
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Wow, what an awesome idea! It just occurred to me that I've been single a long while so I'm pretty sure my lips are long overdue for a workout.
not even joking. Neutral

That's so funny but SO true, for me too!! OMGOSH!!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
A-Tester,

I was wondering what exercise program you have been using?
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
not about facial exercise, but I started taking chia seeds about 4 days ago, and ever since have noticed reeally full lips, i was also fasting today and normally my lips shrivel up a lot (like prunes, lol) when I am fasting, but I noticed today they stayed really plump - I can only atribute this to the chia seeds as Ive not done anything else differently..

Just a heads up - I will def continue taking chia seeds (2 tablespoons) every day, if only for this effect alone! (am trying to plump my face too..)

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Chia (especially SALBA)is a wonderful choice for restoration and long time maintainance. Congratulations...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
A-Tester,

I was wondering what exercise program you have been using?

Too many Very Happy !! Basically Flexeffect, Senta Marie Runge, Ageless and Eva Frazer, I've tried and use many ex. from different programs, and enjoy them all... a simple lip exercise that I can think of would be to press your fingers against your lips and try to kiss, do the movement but keep the pressure lightly at the beginning, then at the end of the 'kiss' press in with the fingers.

It may sound odd but I think whistling is great for keeping lips in shape! It is not quite ladylike, but I do tend to whistle tunes quite often, it is like a habit somehow.
danielfed

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I too have heard that facial exercise helps in getting fuller lips, but I have seen my wife exfoliating her lips with sugar and coconut oil and this has provided a rosy color to its lips. The other benefit is that the circulation of blood through the lips gets improved and thus makes your look fuller. I have came across a webpage where you will know Ten Natural to make your lips Bigger and Plumpy.. For more details visit:
getplumpylipsnaturally. webstarts. com
NoliD

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Might I add massaging a trusted Vitamin C cream or serum into your lips, waiting @ least 10 minutes then massaging in a good hyaluronic product?

I get baby smooth lips when I do that. So maybe exercise + a collagen boosting active + an excellent hydration product would yield better results than exercise alone?

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |