Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Skindream Titanium
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Muzza66!

I've been doing a little research on the gel also and this is what I found.

According to SQOOM instructions (online), the gel has hyaluronic acid and it is driven into the skin to fill up the spaces in the skin with moisture.

When we are young we have very hydrated skin and it doesn't need any more moisture but as we age the size of the cells shrink because they don't have enough moisture and that's where some of the wrinkling comes in. According to SQOOM, it takes weeks or even months to fill up the cell structure with enough moisture.

According to the scientific article below, hyaluronic and a form of retinal working together have been shown to improve the skin.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1473-2165.2011.00552.x/abstract

So I looked into ultrasound gels with hyaluronic acid. It's not a cheap product but not real expensive either. I thought I could apply the retinal first and then the hyaluronic gel and get approximately the same outcome as the SQOOM gel.

I am by no means a scientific person so I'm hoping others will chime in to come up with a more economical gel.

Here is the link to a gel that might work.

http://www.palaciabeautydevice.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=49

Happy New Year everyone!
topher

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Fyi, there is a skindream on sale on Ebay right now if anyone is interested.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

MaryClaire, sorry I haven't answered your PMs yet - I've have been so incredibly busy at work, working long hours, that I just couldn't find the energy for typing on any of my favourite forums!

My update is as follows.

I am still loving my Sqoom. I have been so squeezed for time that I have been taking only the bare minimum care of my skin. This gadget is the only one I've been using since November - no matter how busy I am, I can still fit in a short 4 min face session (no time for chest since 20 Dec). I love the way my skin looks afterwards, so fresh.

I have tried many other gels - my latest experiments being with Environ moisturising gel and colustrum gel. I liked the end results, but the gels were unpleasant - smelly and sticky - so I did not persevere.

Unfortunately (due to the price) I haven't found anything I like better than the Sqoom gels - light, odorless, and you can leave them on after the treatment.

I was abroad for Christmas, and being on holiday did not have the time to stick with my routine. My chest did regress a little bit, but it hasn't gone back to how bad it was in the pics I posted. My face, after much running around and general neglect, looked tired after about 3 days, but perked right up again after starting back on Sqoom. So, in my case - the results are not permanent (I started on 4 Nov with my first treatment), but - a bit like going back to gym after a short break - my skin picked up where I left off almost immediately I started reapplying the treatment.

I will reiterated what I said before - it seems my wrinkles/sag are primarily caused by dehydration, and the Sqoom is marvellous at addressing dehydration - plumping, and thus tightening jowls. If your skin is NOT dehydrated, you may not like the Sqoom/Fyola as much as I do.
budderballer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering, does the skindream help with skin cleansing and clearing out the pores also?
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about the SD but the Sqoom has a cleansing setting and a gel cleanser.
marckon22

Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:40 am      Reply with quote
He guys, I sell my Skin Dream Titanium for 250 Euro including three ultrasound gels. If you`re interested, PM me. I would send you a few pictures. The Skin Dream is only a few month old and in perfect condition.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:07 am      Reply with quote
marckon22 wrote:
He guys, I sell my Skin Dream Titanium for 250 Euro including three ultrasound gels. If you`re interested, PM me. I would send you a few pictures. The Skin Dream is only a few month old and in perfect condition.

Hi marckon, why are you selling it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
More from Harrods...

Quote:
I would like to advise you the SQOOM has also been on the Market in Germany since 2009. The idea for the product came from Schick Medical and was developed with the company in Korea who manufacture the product. Schick Medical decided not to take their SQOOM product to North America so the manufacturer produced a slightly different version (Fyola) using cheaper materials and sold it in the US. Fyola looks exactly the same but is of a lesser quality so the results will not be as effective – SQOOM is the only company making and selling the gels. The technique we use is called Synchron Technology – it is a unique mix of ultrasound and ionisation. Fyola uses a similar technology but not at the same intensity and also not with the range of waves per second. You have bought a skin treatment system, that when used together will give you the optimum treatment for anti-ageing or skin complaints. You currently have the best product on the market providing the best level of treatment. There is a lesser model, which of course you could use, but you will not get the same treatment. As always, if you buy a cheaper product you get a cheaper quality which in this case means a reduced level of treatment.

If this is true does it mean we'd have to use the merbe/fyola more often or for longer to get the same results or that we just wouldn't get the same results?
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Smile

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:48 am      Reply with quote
So this is a massive bump... Very Happy Very Happy

...but I was wondering how many people are still using their Sqoom/Merb/Fyola?

I am still loving mine, so much so that I've managed to snag a ex-demo Sqoom Clinical which should be arriving in 4 days time... I can't wait...

Just last night, I treated my big toe (I tripped on a pavement and it felt badly sprained) with the Sqoom + OL gel.

This morning - my toe was the only part of me that didn't hurt! (I scraped my knee and bruised my hip and palms of both hands too). It is a bit swollen still, and there is a tiny bruise, but none of the pain you'd normally get the next day. It is amazing - I encourage you guys who have an ultrasound to try it out on your aches and pains!

I will report back, if anyone is still interested, in how the Clinical compares with the hand-held version. My main goal is to treat aches and pains, and also for the chest area as the handheld head is small thus tedious.

KL
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi KL,
I'm so happy you posted this as I have been thinking about the Merbe a lot lately and wishing some of the 'old-timers' were still posting here so I could get up-to-date feedback on results after using it for several years.

However, I revisited the old (long) Sqoom thread (where most posters bought the Merbe) and was reminded why I didn't purchase the Sqoom/Merbe when everyone else did. It just seems so complex to me (at least from reading about how to use it/how many x a week is safe and effective/how many minutes max, etc.

Have you been still using your hand held device regularly. How often do you use it per week/ how many minutes total/how many minutes on each section of your face/chest.

I go to a physical therapist (when I'm spending time in India) who uses ultrasound as one of his primary healing modality for injuries but he is very careful about max number of minutes he uses it.

When you are using it for injuries how many minutes do you use it for?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi jasminerosey

For me, the Sqoom is not complicated - it has been the easiest of all my gadgets to use. I just put gel on, select the program (usually lift, but sometimes nutrition if I've been out in the sun a lot), and just do really slow circles and sweeps (just whatever I feel like) on one side (eyes to jaw) until the unit beeps (4 min). I then reload the gel, re-select the program I want, and do 4 min on my forehead (not always, though, I'm lazy about doing my forehead), and then I do the other side of my face. So for me, it's a brainless process - I usually do it while I'm watching TV. What I really like most is that it's totally painless, quite relaxing really, and that it really does make you look instantly fresh (due to deep moisturization). I also like that the gel is not at all sticky and you can rub the remainder into your face at the end. I hated the STOP gel, ick!

I've had no side effects from using it.

I don't use it on a daily basis anymore (although I did when I started) - just when I feel I need it. I'm really quite lazy. When I use my Sqoom for a few days in a row (before an event or on holiday) my skin looks amazing. I have even used it twice a day after a long neglectful period, with no issues later on.

Last year on holiday, my sister used it a couple of days in a row as we were staying out late, and she was so amazed at the change in her skin that she bought one from ebay - right then, from abroad, while on holiday.

Two weeks ago a new friend (we have just moved) asked me about my skin as we are around the same age, and when I told her I only use a gadget, she totally grilled me about it, and a few days later when I saw her, she had ordered one. (I wish I was earning commission on this device!! lol)

I don't use it on my chest much, the head is too small and I'm too impatient. Between this and the fact that I'm so impressed with it's healing power, I have decided to buy the commercial version as it has a bigger head, and more powerful wound healing (so the marketing blurb says).

As for injuries, I have used my Sqoom for various things, the latest being a sprained toe which no longer hurt after just 2 sessions (3 sets of 4 minutes each time). Really, it's the injury healing more than any beauty reason which has prompted me to spend the ฃฃ on the Sqoom Clinical.

I'm no expert, I can only say what worked for me, and after trying so many gadgets (I have the BabyQuasar, the Stop, the Cleo, the Tua Trend... oh, I don't know, I have a house full of gadgets...) the Sqoom is the only one I use anymore. From time to time I try to restart the Ageless program, but I always fizzle out after a few days... did I mention I'm lazy? And that I don't like pain!

My Sqoom Clinical was posted today, so I should receive it in about 4 days or so, I hope. It will be interesting to see what it can do! The sales lady will be giving me a Skype training course too, so that's nice.

I will report back when I receive it!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
thanks KL,

it does sound very easy the way you do it

the sqoom thread gets quite complicated w/research and various recommendations for programs and gel options for using the device (although now most of the links are no longer valid ).

i actually appreciate and sometimes miss all the fervor and passion and precision of a lot of those posting on that thread (in the 'good ole days' on EDS) but at the same time I felt like I had to study for the equivalent of a college course just to use it correctly.

I will be getting the Merbe, not the sqoom though, since it is the same device essentially and the Merbe instructions (according to the thread) are in Korean so I will have to do some figuring out for myself...but your response was very inspiring for me..so I will go ahead and purchase as I also want to use it for healing purposes having experienced how quickly and deeply these devices do heal injury.

i will be looking forward to your experiences with the pro model

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Karenlee, how long would you use the Sqoom on a really tight shoulder muscle?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:26 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey, the Sqoom website has links to the user manuals (right at the bottom of the page). I think the Merbe is equivalent to the Sqoom M1 (mark I - the mark II has less options on it). So you should be able to download the manual and use that.

In terms of research - well Schick is a pretty huge company, so I made the assumption that they had done the right amount of research already and I just needed to follow their instructions. So far so good Smile

KL
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:30 am      Reply with quote
piscesgirlrenee - so far, on all injuries we've treated at home, I've done 3 passes per treatment... so 4 minutes M, another 4 minutes M (using the Sqoom OL gel which has a powerful anti-inflammatory) then another 4 minutes on N using the standard gel which helps push the OL gel in. I don't remember where I got that routine from, I may have asked via email, but it seems to work quite well. On my sprained toe the another night, I actually did 2 of these sessions about 3 hours apart, which was probably naughty, but the next morning my toe didn't hurt (although it was still a bit swollen).
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for responding, karenlee! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, KL, that info is exactly what I'm looking for!

karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:26 am      Reply with quote
So - the Sqoom Clinical has arrived! It's quite a beast. It has a control unit with a display and a slot for program chip cards. I have two treatment cards - one for pain/body, and the other for skin. The hand unit is big and quite heavy. It has a metal circle for the US, plus it has additional functionality:

Quote:
SQOOM clinical is the first device of its kind to use magnetic field and ultrasound in combination. The interaction of ultrasound, magnectic field and blue light is the ideal combination within a new form of treatment.

Ultrasound
Static magnetic field
"Cold" infrared
Blue light

I have started treating my husband's very old rotator cuff injury with the OL gel, using the pain card treatment cycle. I am also using the Despot gel on my face and chest.

I will update in due course. In the meantime, the manual says the Clinical is good for:

Quote:
1. Therapeutic effect in fracture treatment
Indications: e.g.
• Fractures of the tibia, distal radius, scaphoid,
long bones
• Pseudarthroses or bone healing disorders
• Callus distraction and bone regeneration
(spongiosaplasty)
2. Therapeutic effect in wound care
• Diabetic foot and leg ulcers
• Chronic venous leg ulcers
• Chronic/trophic skin lesions
• Soft tissue injuries
3. Therapeutic effect with inflammatory diseases
• Calcified tendinitis of the shoulder joint,
• Epicondylitis,
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
4. Therapeutic effect for improving peripheral cutaneous
perfusion
Indication: e.g.
• Improving peripheral cutaneous perfusion
5. Therapeutic effect for easing pain conditions
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:36 am      Reply with quote
It sounds amazing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:08 am      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
So - the Sqoom Clinical has arrived! ...I have started treating my husband's very old rotator cuff injury with the OL gel, using the pain card treatment cycle. I am also using the Despot gel on my face and chest.

I will update in due course. In the meantime, the manual says the Clinical is good for:

Quote:
1. Therapeutic effect in fracture treatment
• Fractures of the tibia, distal radius, scaphoid,
long bones
• Pseudarthroses or bone healing disorders
• Callus distraction and bone regeneration
(spongiosaplasty)
2. Therapeutic effect in wound care
• Diabetic foot and leg ulcers
• Chronic venous leg ulcers
• Chronic/trophic skin lesions
• Soft tissue injuries
3. Therapeutic effect with inflammatory diseases
• Calcified tendinitis of the shoulder joint,
• Epicondylitis,
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
4. Therapeutic effect for improving peripheral cutaneous
perfusion
Indication: e.g.
• Improving peripheral cutaneous perfusion
5. Therapeutic effect for easing pain conditions

Very interesting, do you know if it works on arthritis?

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:16 am      Reply with quote
KL,
Did you purchase the ex=demo clinical sqoom from the sqoom company or far some other source.

How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind sharing.

I liked up this device on the sqoom website and it does look incredible..I see it is also used for cellulite which is interesting as well.

karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:59 am      Reply with quote
denisiel - yes, I have a treatment chart, and it states the setting for arthrosis - which I had to look up, I didn't realise it was a synonym for osteoarthritis, which I think I'm developing (I have small bone spurs on my finger joints, plus some pain at night). So, I was happy to see that.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:15 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey - I purchased it from Schick.

I did actually enquire about purchasing one about 3 years ago; I was quoted around ฃ3,000 for a non-demo version. However, soon after that our plans changed and financially, it wasn't an option. At the time, Schick passed my details to a clinic, and I was going to buy the unit from the clinic.

I never forgot about it, though, and recently emailed the lady to enquire whether buying it (it's called the GIVUS) was still an option (it's generally not available publically), but I never received an answer. A little bit of digging revealed that she had gone out of business, so I emailed Schick again and this time they offered me a new one or the demo one.

Since the demo one was half the price of the new one (and apparantly has all the exact same functionality - the new one just has a better housing, ie it's like the Sqoom, all handheld, whereas the demo has a control unit + handheld) I went for that option. The unit is very old (2008) but they offered a 2 yr guarantee so I thought the saving was enough to warrant the older model.

They will also be giving me training via Skype on Monday, so I will start using it in earnest after that.

The head of the GIVUS is very large though, so I was advised to continue using my Sqoom for my face - or at least, around my eyes etc. I am using the Despot gel with the GIVUS on my cheeks though, as I have a lot of sun damage there. The treatment chart says pigmentation results should be visible in 3 months.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Haha, what a bump for this thread, a bit like Back to the Future!

I have really enjoyed reading through all this - it was a fun bunch back then, all trying and sharing things.

This thread is still a goldmine of information!

For anyone interested - my original Sqoom device is still functioning perfectly, and I still use it. Not regularly, because I'm lazy, but every time I travel, you will find it in my suitcase. There is nothing, just simply nothing, that freshens my face up after a long night that my Sqoom. The battery still lasts me around 10 days between chargers. It's till a fab device.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skinยฎ |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |