Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Break out from Macadamia Oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,
I am thinking about ordering Macadamia Oil from GOW. Supposedly, it is very similar to the chemical structure to human skin. It is also said to be an excellent emollient. However, it cannot be used in high amount. It might get overpowering.
My question is, Did anyone break out or have clogged pores from using Macadamia Oil? I am trying to find a replacement for Rose Hip Oil because I am afraid of breaking out from it.

Thanks first,
Wild Cat

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Wild Cat,

I've never had the pleasure of working with Macadamea Nut Oil ... but I've used Rosehip Seed Oil ... and it's never broken me out ... and I have reactive skin.

Rosehip Seed Oil should, in fact, help with breakouts.

There is scientific evidence, although I can't find the reference at the moment, that rosehip seed oil does have skin benefits for problem skin ... as well as anti-aging properties.

I have heard wonderful things about Macadamea Nut Oil ... and a whole bunch of other nut oils that aren't readily available to me ... Crying or Very sad ... but I wouldn't worry too much about Rosehip Seed Oil.

Why are you afraid of it breaking you out?

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I might be wrong, but I think Macadamia nut oil is a good vegetarian replacement for emu.

Rose Hip doesn't break me out so I don't have a good idea of what can replace it. I'm not sure jojoba would do the same thing or not?

Good grief I need to do more research on stuff like this.
Skin...how fickle it can be sometimes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I use Macadamia Nut Oil from GOW for about a month, and it doesn't break me out. It's quite moisturising and sinks in really well.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think you need to worry about it. It is one of those oils that sinks in VERY quickly. I've used it in body products and love it.

Macadamia Nut Oil
Macadami integrifolia, tetraphylla, or ternifolia, cold pressed from Hawaii

Contains: Palmitoleic acid, 60% oleic acid, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, very stable

Uses: All skin types. Contains the highest level of palmitoleic acid of any plant oil. This is found in human sebum among the young, but the level dramatically drops in mature skin. For this reason Price suggests Macadamia Nut oil for the skin of older people.

Tones aged or dry skin, Skin-softening. wound healing.

Macadamia Oil penetrates the skin very quickly. Price calls it a "vanishing oil".

In France Macadamia Nut Oil is used as an aid against sunburn. Macadamia's fatty acids are helpful in maintaining the skin's critical water barrier functions.

It is self-stabilizing and requires no antioxidants. In addition, it has an excellent safety profile that includes low order of oral toxicity.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Wildcat,

I have heard many over at GoW say that rosehip seed oil does indeed break them out and it is actually not recommended for skin that is breakout prone.

If you want to keep using macadamia oil (it sounds divine from reviews btw), perhaps you can cut it with jojoba oil, which helps breakout prone skin.

Different oils act differently on everyone's skin so i would do what feels best for your own skin.

HTH, Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Wild Cat - I recently purchased some macadamia oil and only wish I'd done it sooner. It's everything I'd hoped [triple refined] emu would be for me but wasn't. It has a relatively long shelf life too. Good stuff.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Everyone,
I don't know why I keep relating Macadamia oil to tons of chocolate and breakouts Embarassed

I think it was on the forum that I read that some people broke out bad with Rosehip seed oil. I haven't got a chance to try it out yet but because I am planning to make a night cream with the ingredients I have been collecting and I can't afford a bad patch. So I just want to stay away from anything break-out prone. I do love jojoba oil and it doesn't break me out. Maybe I will mix some with Macadamia oil. Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered mine from ebay, and will let you know if it breaks me out, but I don't break out easily (not prone), so not sure if it would help you.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I use macadamia oil in the IFP Rejuvenating serum & I haven't had anyone say that they've had breakouts. I use it myself (and I'm acne-prone) without problems. But that's not to say that it can't cause problems in some people.

I've used rosehip seed oil on my skin in the past & it did cause breakouts - and I've heard that from many people. That's why I don't use it in any of my products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I put Macadamia Nut Oil on my face last night and followed by the IFP Rejuv Serum. No break out, but I usually don't get breakouts. Anything that will break me out is going to be a no-no for people that are prone to it.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks kim and bkkgirl,
I already went ahead and ordered myself some Macadamia Oil and I am looking forward to use it Pray Pray Pray

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Wildcat,

Please update us on how you like it. I hear Markey and them says it is divine to use AND cook with. i resisted the temptation to try the macadamia for now....

Kristen~

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat, I tried putting macadamia oil on my lips last night. My lips are very sensitive and allergic easily, but not to oil. I'm ok with all pure oil like emu, squalane, argan, camellia. However, macadamia is the only oil that seems to absorb and left my lips moist. I woke up with such moist lips I was amazed. The first time that ever happened. I have yet to reapply anything on them and they're still soft.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to mention that I just started using mac oil, and I'm really liking it. It's thin, so it has a nice feel, and it absorbs really quickly. I'm glad I found it -- I tried using emu, but I just love animals too much to use it.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I never used oils on my face before using IFP's rejuvenating serum and I worried I might have some issues but it has worked out quite well for me. The first ingredient in the rs is macademia nut oil and I love that serum.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
it breaks me out, but so does jojoba. badly. couldn't tell you why; castor oil and some others are fine, although I can't use any of them neat.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
*Apologies for resurrecting old threads*

Jojoba breaks me badly! My skin has never broke out before. I would never have thought it would be good for acne prone skin.

I was going to use Jojoba in a DIY oil blend for the wax esters, however, I am now sticking to Macadamia and Squalane oil for hydration.
Marlena

Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Where do your get your macadamia nut oil from?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |