Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ladies, please share what gets you through hard times......
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Swampy, is it possible for you to arrange "a room of one's own"?

If you have a hobby, make it for that purpose with the addition of only one chair with a good light for reading or any other activity you enjoy.

I am a great believer that both separate and together times do a part in nourishing the relationship.

Maybe hubby needs a hobby!
swampy

Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Mismis: Thanks for replying so quickly Smile I do have a couple of rooms of my own, but now that we have our grand niece n her two babies living with us for a few months, they have taken up hubby's tv room. He is now in my space, which is the most comfortable place to read.
I am not able to physically do the hobbies I enjoy doing, other than reading and crocheting for small periods. Being cooped up in the house all day is depressing, this cold weather causes my limbs to ache even more. I miss my walks and working out at the gym.
Hubby is no longer interested in his hobbies of fishing, hunting and visiting friends. Just watches tv and underfoot all day.
Hubby will visit his sister and cousins. Unfortunately we live in the midst of his relatives, which causes many problems in our marriage.
When he is not working and is home for a long period, he will get depressed and crabby. It is like crossing paths with an angry bear Razz
Hopefully now that our grand niece n babies left to visit her family for a couple of months things will settle down a bit. Hubby has his TV room back for a little while, that should make him happy.
Thank you for allowing to vent my frustrations, it helps. Some days I feel swamped (thus the name swampy) with negative feelings, which I don't like. I too love my husband, but some days it is hard to like him. I imagine he feels that way about me too Wink
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have had a very rough 16 years. Three times nearly dying (cancer, stroke, 11 hernias, trauma, and HELLP syndrome during childbirth) twice I have had open wounds for around a year. I now take Nucynta for residual pain from the cancer treatments. My dad died during this period and my mom was in rehab for a year. These are things that helped me. I worked full time through most of this and a coworker really helped out.

1. When you need help from others ASK. When you feel out of control counseling or talking to someone not in your circle can help. Most areas have free services or support groups.

2. Give yourself lots of breaks, get massages, try guided imagery, learn breathing techniques.

3. Pets are great I have two dogs and they are amazing.

4. Find some exercise you enjoy. I once had a good DVD on chair yoga.

5. Keep a journal.

6. It is OK to be down sometimes. I hated it when I was in extreme pain and my DH said to smile!

7. Try books on tape when I was in too much pain to read or even watch TV a narrated book with headphones can put you in a new place.

8. Keep posting here. This is a nice forum. I used to post here probably over 14 years ago but life intervened. This is a well moderated forum that does not tolerate nasties.
fmarc

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:53 am      Reply with quote
God gets me through the hard times. Seriously. He always has and always will! Very Happy

Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I meditate/visualize myself on a day in the future where I am recalling the hard time that felt like it would never end and then I visualize my future self saying to herself, " Wow, I thought that would never, ever end, but it did!"

Most of those trying times do end.
The trick is not throwing in the towel beforehand.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Alcohol and shopping. Both are helpful but not at the same time lol. That is very damaging. I do love to workout hard and listen to very loud music. That can really pull me out of a depression. But when my husband was in the hospital and almost died from Pnuemonia and I was all alone, it was alcohol, sadly.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly - only God is helping me. Connecting to love and pray. Really getting to grips with me. Forgiving - if I have hard feelings to anyone. Nothing else ever can help me more than connecting to God or universal Love - whatever you call it.

Going out to walk in nature - looking at the sky the majesty of sunrises and sunsets...

And than there is music...

And finally if I am angry, jogging - if I need focus - yoga...

Inspiration --- books...
And always - God.

Wherever you are things can turn around - in the most miraculous ways when you dare to love... God bless

Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |