Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

sebaceous hyperplasia
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:54 am      Reply with quote
hi everyone

I have now
been prescribed Differin by my derm. He has refused to let me try accutane even at a very low dose and wants me to try the topical now.
I had 20 odd SH removed 2 weeks ago and my face is not looking too bad again at the moment.
Does anybody have any experience of this product in relation to SH. Im not confident in it reducing existing SH but the name of the game is prevention for me at the moment and would be interested to know if this is worth a shot.
I have taken on board Pandora 77s comments on Differin and if she is still posting i would be interested to know how she is getting on with SH a year on from her last post.
So any advise regarding Differin good or bad would be appreciated.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:04 am      Reply with quote
It irritated my skin, wasn't a fan! The rosacea cream Soolantra is actually working very well in preventing anymore SH and gives a little relief from the rosacea. It prevents the little pustules that form with it.

5% products discount

Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I also have SH on my face, mostly on my forehead. I have been reading this topic but so sad to see there are no real cures for this out there Sad

Has anyone tried peppermint oil for SH? I have been reading that it helped some people get rid of it, so I am going to try it and report back here.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:57 am      Reply with quote
The only "cure" to shrink the pore back is accutane and the protocol for obtaining it is insane due to fears of prescribing it. Vitmin A also helps but the dosage required is large and may also require liver and blood monitoring to be on the safe side. Not good if you are prone to high cholesterol,liver issues, mental illness or trying to get pregnant.
Lasers do work to zap each one, you just have to keep zapping them if they return or continue to develop.
Peels help somewhat if done correctly.
Photofacials/IPLS help if you have them done regularly, twice a year at a minimum.
My derm said anything that helps keep the pores smaller and clearer and so far she has been correct.
It also depends on the severity of your individual case.

5% products discount

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:54 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR - for me, all the products that help to keep the pores clear haven't helped the SH. I use BHA, AHA, exfoliators, non-comedogenic moisturisers etc.

I am not looking for a miracle 'cure', but hope to find a product that will help keep these bumps under control. Fingers crossed.

Accutane is out of the question for me.

The laser/IPL will be an option at some point I guess.
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
happycat01 wrote:
Hello,
I also have SH on my face, mostly on my forehead. I have been reading this topic but so sad to see there are no real cures for this out there Sad

Has anyone tried peppermint oil for SH? I have been reading that it helped some people get rid of it, so I am going to try it and report back here.

I have tried peppermint oil. when used neat on the bumps it burns a little but soon fades. Does it work hmmm maybe a little but its tedious and ultimately the SH always comes out the winner.

For me destruction is the only effective way to remove them and i use the skin classic for that. It is very effective but we all know SH is ongoing.
I am convinced oily skin is a big problem with SH and i put all my efforts now into keeping oil off my skin.
Believe me after suffering now for 8 years prevention is the name of the game.When you have them they simply will not go unless removed.
So i try to prevent their appearance and have them removed as and when they occur.
Currently trying Differin as part of my prevention efforts and have started to take vit b5. There is much on the internet about this reducing oil production
Less oil =less SH,of that i am convnced.
missyred

Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
HI everyone! I read this whole forum tonight. Been reading everything about S.H.for months and my head is spinning. This is the 1st one I joined. I'm a 47 year old pale red head. I live in Orlando and I'm a flight attendant with 2 boys in college. So..yeah..that's me.
6 mo. Ago I went on accutane for mild hormonal acne. The old school doctor gives it out like candy. Well..I trusted him. He put me on 60mg a day right out the door. Prior to this I had maybe 5 small SH. I got off in 14 days..My hair turned to hay and was falling out, my eyes sunk in and I was so dry I was sleeping with coconut oil on my face and hair. Not a drop of oil. I hated it!
Well fast forward. It's been 6 mo. Ive lost 30% of my hair and it's still shedding massively. Been to a Trichologist who said I had T.E. (shedding due to trauma) and eventually will subside. He put me on Viviscal tablets. Anyway..that's not the worst that happened. For about 4 mo. I have been progressivily developed S.H. over 100 on my face now. I know for a 100% fact this was high dose accutane induced. It really messed up my oil glands bringing them to a halt fast..then them trying to produce again. If I was on a low dose accutane I would not have had this issue. I'm very upset with this derm.
Back to my S.H...most are small and yes I get ready in a magnifying makeup mirror. Not many people notice unless I point them out to a coworker on the jumpseat 45,000 ft. In the air. Lol. But some are bigger. Well I go to one of the top plastic facial surgeons in Orlando for yes..botox. anyway he's the one that put those magnifying glasses on and told my horrified self that I have way more than I thought. He's going to laser them, and fill each little hole with something..he's said no scar that he's seen. He's on the laser board of the U.S. and people come in from all over to see him, so I do trust him. He also said he believes I'll out grow them..lol..I'm 47. He also put me on Tazorac .05.
But I will say I just started the Tazorac a month ago every 3rd day with no side effects and tomorrow I start every other day for a month, then every night. He said the biggest problem with retinol users is they do it wrong. You have to build up and must be mixed in WITH your mousturizer..you can't just slap it on bare skin. I use Cerevue moisturizer only when I apply tazorac. He says it must be the gel form..not the cream. He said to stop putting any creamy stuff on my face. Also I have a prescription for a Sulfur face wash, (love it). $10.00 only. But I will say the best thing so far was what I read online and it really helps flatten them. I put Braggs apple cider vinegar and peppermint essencial oil in a water bottle cap and dip a q-tip in it and apply morning and night on the spots. Really keeps them down. I do not do this the evenings I use Tazorac. I find it amazing but tedious.
I'm hoping the Tazorac will eventually slow these buggers down because it seems every month I'm getting more.when I stopped accutane I was so freaked out about my hair falling out that I started taking fish oil, vit. E, vit D, biotin, vit. C, zinc, magnesium. Since I'm flooded with oil and think it may possibly contributing I stopped the fish oil and vit. E. I think it's making me greasier. But now here's my newest problem..I'm on viviscal (hair pill). It's been 2 days. It's loads of biotin and some whale oil..lol. which yes will make me produce more oil (I'm guessing). So my husband asked me which was more important. .your hair or complection? I won't tell you my response! Haaaa.
Anyway..this laser you are all talking about doing 0nce a year..sounds like a good deal.I'll have to ask my plastic surgeon what it is.
Also I went gluten and dairy free 1 week ago. I'm going to see if that helps.
Also the timing of this also came during some tremendous ongoing stress in my life..I wonder if it contributes. But I have never seen them multiply like this and I'm so OILY. I will say I could really use a friend who understands. I just feel so depressed all the time and anxious. I'm praying a lot too. Im hoping we can all get a hold of this. Ill keep everyone posted. I'm making an appointment with a hormone doctor tomorrow. Thanks for listening. I need something to cut my oul in half. When I fly it's bad. I use grease sheets constantly.
Love, me Smile
gypsybootz

Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I love in Orlando and have SH also. I had horrible acne in my late 30's and 40's. As soon as I got my skin under control and started thinking about doing something about the scarring, the SH started! I had them cauterize do once at my dermatologist...it didn't even faze most of them, and the ones it did destroy came back in a few months. I had to go around with a scabby face and no makeup for 2 weeks with almost no improvement so I won't try that again! I use Paula's Choice BHA 9 and that keeps them somewhat under control. But I hate the way my skin looks so bumpy in outdoor lighting and would love to get rid of them. Would you mind telling me what plastic surgeon you are going to? And what kind of laser he is going to do? I see a lot of good stuff on here about the Skin Classic but I can't find any dermatologists around here who have it. I am currently getting fractional laser done for scarring on my chin at a medspa. And I do go to a plastic surgeons office for juvederm in my tear troughs.
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I agree keeping the oil under control is key. I have achieved good results by using 8% BHA serum. I use the one from MUAC. I started by following the instructions regarding timing, although now I can use it to spot treat the obvious ones.
I also have used the MUAC Mandelic serum a few times a week.
I will soon start back on my retinol using NCN All trans retinol at the beginning, with the plan to work up to prescription RA. I'm hoping that will help keep it down.
That is so true what someone said above about the key being keeping them from erupting.
missyred

Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! Sure..his name is Richard Gregory. He has a office in celebration and one in Altomonte Springs. He's amazing. I've sent 7 people there who love him. He only specializes in faces and knows skin. People come from every where to see him. He's a wonderful Christian man. He's actually in Israel on vacation right now taking his wife who recovered from breast cancer. Such a good man. I go in there crying..and he said to me, it's ok..I'll cry with you. He told me not to bother with any of those other lasers. He has a room full of ALL lasers and knows which ones are for what. I have sun damage on my neck. He did 3 test spots before he found the perfect one..and wow..it worked. I'm going to have him do my whole neck and chest in Jan. That's when he said he will get these off my face.he just did another lady's recently who was worse than me he said. No scarring. He fills each one with something. I'll ask more detail when he gets back and I go in for my botox. Do you have a facebook? I see responses quicker. Those BHA's you both mentioned I should try. But I'm getting really confused as to when I would apply it? I'm using Tazorac every other night and finacea gel just on my nose on the off nights. I stopped using moisturizer. And what's this stuff people are saying about washing with oil? Weird..I would so break out. I live in Winter Springs..where are you?
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I have just read missyreads 1st post and i saw a lot of how i used to feel in her words.
I dont want to tempt fate but i do at the moment feel i have got my SH under control. I have had 4 visits for skin classic in the last 2 years and would estimate probably 150 Sh removed in that time.
I can only speak for myself and everybody must make their own choices on how to deal with the problem.
For me i do not believe that anything other than professional removal will get rid of existing SH.
I find the skin classic quick .effective and very reasonably priced and consider myself incredibly fortunate to be able to get this treatment 20 miles from my home. I have not had too much re occurrence with this treatment though some have taken 2 or 3 visits to remove completely.
I have spent much time on the internet and have tried most of the things mentioned bar accutane.
In my opinion oily skin is my enemy in fighting SH. I truly believe that less oil = less SH.
For the past 3 months i have been taking 2 grams of Vitamin B5 and 500mg of L carnatine every day. This has drastically reduced the amount of oil i am producing. It is also supposed to shrink your pores and i can testify that one particularly huge pore on my cheek i have had forever has all but dissapeared.
I read a lot of acne (though i dont have it ) forums and there is masses of info out there about B5. Many people take much higher doses for acne with incredible results.
I am not advocating anybody should do as i am just merely saying what appears to be working for me.
I would say right now my skin is the best it has been for 10 years with tight pores and no SH. I do have a concern about long term use of vitamin overdosing but for now i have never been happier to look in the mirror. The other thing i would recommend is skin actives salcylic wash.I use this morning and night and along with B5 is the only thing i do. Should SH re appear i will not hesitate to have them removed.
Stress is in my opinion very bad news for SH. My marriage broke up and my face erupted in them.
So Missyred, there is hope with this condition . I too have got myself into some terrible states in the past. I have hid from the world,been very low , constantly worrying about them and believed i would never date sucessfully again .
After much effort and patience i believe i am getting there. My new girlfriend of 10 months did not believe me when i told her of my struggles so i know i am on top of this for now. I am religeous about my face. washing twice a day with the wash and taking the B5. I eat healthily but i am not sure diet makes that much difference,just my experience. do drink lots of water and try not to fret too much. This was the hardest one for me but its true other people do not see you as you see yourself. It took a long time for me to understand and believe this.when you dont worry so much your stress will be less and that will help.
My face used to pore with oil at times and for me getting that under control has been key in my battle with SH.
missyred

Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:24 am      Reply with quote
HI Hemp!
Thank you so much for your reply! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to reply..I have been flying a lot.
Where are you located that has one of these skin classic machines? I wonder if there's one in Orlando. I went to Costco yesterday to buy the vitamins you mentioned and they didn't have them. I'll be running to Whole Foods today to see if they have them. I'm excited to try them..how long on them till you noticed a difference? I hate how much oil I produce!
I indeed let this take over my thoughts sometimes. I have been so upset I look for hours on the computer for a cure.
I have seen a slight improvement with the Tazorac gel .05. Better..more flattened but can still see the white spots. Some..no change (bigger ones), I'm not eating dairy anymore either, so now I'm not sure which is helping because I did these at the same time. When you get the skin classic do the white spots disappear? Scarring?
I can see how stress causes this..I was going through it a lot with my job and noticed the outbreak. I'm glad you are doing so much better..this makes me hopeful. Thank you.
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.drdach.com/Acne_B5.html

Hey missyred.
The above link will explain how the vitamins work. the articles are targeted at acne but it works by reducing oil production and this is a great help i believe with SH.
I would say it took 6 weeks for me to notice my oil reducing but i decided to stick to a relatavely low dose compared to those suggested by many. High doses it appears can see oil reduced dramatically quickly but i have been very reluctant to try them as cost is an issue as well as being weary of high doses.

As regards the ones you have i dont know of anything that will make them go away other than accutane or removal. My approach has been to get them removed and then prevent new ones from forming as much as possible. Again i can only speak for myself but i have had excellant cosmetic outcome from skin classic.
I live in the UK so cant help in terms of where you can get the treatment. You will find the link below very helpful as well

http://www.lyndamakara.com/little-known-treatment-for-sebaceous-hyperplasia/
happycat01
5% products discount

Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Ok, an update on the peppermint oil: it doesn't work!

What I am going to try next is a strong salicylic acid peel, applied only on the SH spots. Regular use of 2% salicylic acid doesn't seem to have any effect, maybe my face has got used to it, as I have been applying this for years.

Watching the link in the previous post (little known treatment for Sh) - my opinion is that it isn't SH that they are treating, to me they look like blocked pores and blackheads.
Sebaceous hyperplasia spots are just enlarged sebaceous glands that have nothing (or very little) sebum inside them. Believe me, I checked mine. Smile)
missyred

Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
HI Hemp...
I'm trying to find a skin classic. Also I have been on your vitamin supplements for a month now..no change in oil. How long till you noticed? I'm wondering if my constant use of those grease sheets is preventing them or if they form on the inside..lol
I did get more when I came back from 8 days in Paris.The only thing I did differently was eat lots of cheese! So now, I'm off the cheese again. I also didn't get much sleep.
I do feel low about it...it's all I see..I have a plastic surgeon who said he would laser them. I'm only going to let him do 3..and make sure it heals ok.
OK..I DID GET SCARED! This thing called rhynophyma popped up all over with my S.H. search and I'm freaked out because there are a few on my nose..ughhhhhhhhhh..probably overreacting but stilllllll..lol
missyred

Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Happycat..
How long did you try the peppermint oil? Do it 2x a day for one week mixed on a water bottle lid with Braggs apple cider vinager. Apply to each one with a qtip. It made my smaller ones flatter..bUT tedious.
I read this one girl who uses wart removal..lol..it's sysilic acid..who knows...Sad
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:56 am      Reply with quote
hi Missyred

Everyone is different . I think controlling oil production is a complicated business. Im not advocating anything i do as the way forward i am just putting it out there what has worked for me (so far )after a 10 year battle with fairly severe SH. My skin is still pretty good and i am still taking the vitamins. I do still get oil on my face but nowhere near as bad as i used to. I think it took about 6 weeks for me to notice a difference. If you have the time then the internet is full of information about peoples experience with b vitamins.
I have read that it helps to regulate hormones (something linked with SH ) and also that it shrinks your pores. This is another thing that has definately happened to me. My skin is so much smoother with tight pores.
Stress is a big one. You are worried about your SH which stresses you out. I have been there. Its a complex issue but i am convinced SH is linked to oily skin and reducing it helps prevent SH.
I have read hundreds of reviews from people praising B5 for curing their acne and oil production. I have also read many negative reviews from people but its not scientific. Everybody takes different amounts and eats differently .Stress ,lifestyle all play a part i believe.
I will keep doing what im doing until such time that SH becomes a problem again. If that happens i will get them removed with the skin classic. Thats my approach to the problem until i find or hear of something better. I wish you all the luck in the world with the removal. Thats what i hate the most about the condition, once formed they have to be removed mechanically. I never eat dairy anymore . For 20 years i would have a glass of milk with my evening meal. I loved milk and would drink it all the time. I was horrified to read about all the hormones in milk and i do wonder if that was a factor in my SH forming. Its hard giving up dairy but i got to the point where i would do anything for better skin.Again the internet is full of peoples skin/acne clearing after giving up dairy. again im not advising anyone to give it up just that i feel it has helped me.
Good luck.
mahatrans
5% products discount

Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I had a lot of skin irritation because of it. I do have very sensitive skin though.
goob94

Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
I've probably read through this threat 4 or 5 times now. I'm desperate for a solution. I'm 23 years old and developed these evil bumps in late September quite suddenly. My entire forehead is covered. I also have bumps and acne around my chin that isn't all sebaceous hyperplasia and comes and goes. The SH on my forehead does not budge. Here is what I've tried:

At first I thought I had closed comedones; so I was treating them as so.

3 months of this routine:
AM: cleanse with Yuli Halcyon (gentle PH balanced cleanser) + treat with Drunk Elephant Glycolic Night Serum (12% AHA w/ Salicylic Acid)

Results: My bumps didn't budge at all; but the rest of my skin was glowing.

Then I started getting a bit too overzealous and added Biologique Lotion P50 at Night instead of the Glycolic Serum. Used for about a week and didn't notice any results. Added Paula's Choice BHA 2% and ended up drying my skin out and damaging my moisture barrier. Still have a weird clingwrap texture and dry skin.

I've seen two dermatologists. One looked at my skin for two seconds and said I had clogged pores and prescribed me Tretinoin and Benzoyl Peroxide w/ Clindamycin. I was too afraid to try this combination as my skin was dry and I read that the Tretinoin cream (not gel) is comedogenic.

I went to another derm and she diagnosed with me with sebaceous hyperplasia. I immediately started crying because I had done so much research and knew how hard it was to get rid of SH.

Here are some photos. Its hard to capture the SH on camera; but they are even more than are showing up in photos. There is a tiny indent in the middle of the bump which doesn't show either.

It won't let me post pictures, but if you look up my username, Helpcc, on imgur you can find images. Its hard to capture the SH; there is a lot more of them in person and they have the signature indentation in the middle on most of them.

Hemp and Annie: I feel like I know you guys. This thread has brought me some comfort that I can at least kick these buggers to the curb.

Hemp: I feel for you. Almost cried reading your posts. My SH started right after a relationship turned physically and mentally abusive. So maybe stress does come into play with SH. Could you give me some advice? I've attached a pic of my forehead. did you have as many as this? I'm afraid to do Lamprobe or Skin Classic because I have so many. Were you this covered in bumps?

Annie: The derm also mentioned possibly putting me on Accutane. First she's prescribed me topical Clindamycin and an antiobiotic. She said insurance is more likely to cover the prescription if she tries something else first. when you did your first round of accutane, how long did they stay away for? I read that it was about 2 years or so?

I'm so young and terrified they are going to multiply in numbers and become bigger. It doesn't seem fair to have to deal with this condition at such a young age. Especially since I live a very healthy lifestyle. I am a yoga teacher and eat extremely healthy. I'm told by many of my friends that I'm the healthiest person they know. It doesn't make since.

Looking for comfort and advice <3
havana8

Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
re-posting for goob94--just an FYI that you'll be able to post images and links after 10 posts. Welcome to the forum!

http://imgur.com/97wJ4ip.jpg
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I certainly feel your frustration.
I have topical Clindamycin but my derm prescribed it for breakouts not the SH. I also tried antibiotics but they were for rosacea and they didn't help with either.
My SH come and go but I am not on accutane and haven't been for a few years. I would guess it would work for a quite a few years depending on how strong the dose or long the course. But I think mine are also more prone to flare ups that are hormonal.
Hope that helps and I am wishing you the best of luck in finding your treatment that works for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Goob.
That is not nice for you and I feel for you.
My experience with SH and all I have read suggests that it may not be SH at all. I don't know but it is generally a problem that effects middle aged people. My skin was SH free until I hit 40 and when I did start getting them it was a gradual process that took many months and years to get serious.
The number that you have and the speed at which they appeared is unusual but I'm no expert. It's odd that two derms can give different diagnoses.
If it was me in yours shoes and please bear in mind it's your decision and yours only I would try the accutane. The lamprobe has been a massive help to me and changed my life really but the most I ever had done at once was about 75 and that was my whole face. You appear to have a great many more than that and I think you would need to get some advise from someone who does the procedure if you can.
If it is SH then accutane from what I have read will be a miracle cure. How long for is another question though.
I have seen posts similar to yours with similar bumps and they turned out not to be SH. I will post a link if I can find them again.
Try to keep posting , I found this forum quite comforting when my SH was bad.
goob94

Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your replies Annie and Hemp <3

I want to start a course of Accutane soooo soo badly. It's so frustrating that I have to "try" the clindamycin and doxycycline when I KNOW for a fact it won't help me. I only have one cystic/inflamed pimple right now (besides all of the bumps that are red from a frustrated picking spree I just went on) Sad I'm really into holistic remedies and don't even take antibiotics when I get sick. I don't want to mess with them and my gut health. Is it bad to lie and say that I did the full course? haha

I want to go on accutane as soon as possible, but she won't even let me schedule another appointment until I've given the topical and internal antibiotics a chance.

I've been looking into PDT (photodynamic therapy) with Levulan but the after effects look kind of scary and I wouldn't be able to take more than a week off. Anyone have experience with PDT?

Should I try to go to a different derm and get on accutane straight away?

You guys rock by the way.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:57 am      Reply with quote
So glad to help! I know how you feel about the antibiotics. Until I got on accutane over 30 years ago for severe cystic acne, my doc had me on hardcore doses and it very nearly killed me all said and done.
You can try and switch docs but of course there is no guarantee, but that is up to you. If your doc is saying that they will put you on it eventually, at least they are willing too. Mine will but she says my cholesterol is too high for it and the amount of blood testing and office visits to monitor is ridiculous for a such a small amount of SH. I am in the process of switching so I will see what the new derm says. So many are funny about accutane so that is a hit or miss!
I have not ever tried the Levulan so cannot comment on that.
Hope you get some relief soon.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
HI everyone! I wanted to give a update:
Hemp..I believe you were correct about the B5. My oil production has dropped a ton. I also contributed it to Tazorac gel. I'm currently not getting any new bumps. I did go to a plastic surgeon and had 45 S.H. lasered off and they are gone. Took about 3 weeks to heal.

Goob: yours does not look like SH to me. Yours are perfectly round on all of them and the same size for what I'm able to see. S.H. usually takes on a califlower look with a dent in the center and various sizes..yours kinda looks like Mila or clogged pores. I'm not certain though. Are you seeing a cosmetic dermatologist. There's a difference. Have you tried Tazorac gel? Also everyone needs to stop using moisturizer according to my plastic surgeon. Only mix a small amount in at night with your Tazorac. Never apply Tazorac directly on your face. He said that's the biggest mistake people make. As far as accutane. I for what I read 10mg 2 times a week to start. I was on accutane for 2 1/2 weeks and had to stop because my hair was falling out. They put me on 60mg a day! For mild acne. This was 1 year ago. I also had low iron. Please get your iron checked first and research accutane and hair loss. I believe it was dose related. I think if I stayed low I would of been fine. My hair is back to normal now. My sebaceous hyperplasia came AFTER accutane at age 47. For me..my oul was trying so hard to come back..because I didn't have a drop while on it, that I sometimes wonder if that is what caused my S.H. Also I heard that accutane does indeed make it go away while on it..but once off comes back.
I recently went to a hormone doctor last week to get levels checked. Not just a regular doctor but a Endocrinologist. My results back soon. Your hormones can be off at a young age too. They believe S.H. is due to Androgen/testosterone levels. Another theory is it stems from the gut and doing a clense helps to eliminate it. I'm starting with hormone testing. You can take spilrolactin I think I spelled it wrong..but that also takes away S.H. But Tazorac and B5 halted them for now. I wish you the best of luck. Please keep us updated.

Ok..my newest concern...I swear over the last year my nose has widened, thicker skin with several S.H.. I'm terrified I'm developing Rhinophyma. I know it sounds nuts but the Internet says it's linked to S.H. you can stop it with the accutane but ughhhhhhh..my hair or skin? Anyone experience this?
Sorry for long post!!!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |