Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz)
Ginger Root Tea Facial Mist
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
johndoe1125
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone!

Lately I've been making a pretty strong tea of ginger root and distilled water and putting it into a spray bottle, and spraying it on my scalp.

I was reading up on it and it seems to be a potent anti-inflammatory, so I thought, would there be any benefits to using this on your face? Being careful not to get it in your eyes of course. The only information I can find about ginger for facial care seems to involve using it as a mask.

I also drink this stuff as a tea, but when I make it to drink, I switch out the distilled water for filtered water and don't make it as strong. It's very interesting, not bad at all, it just burns your throat a tiny bit going down.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks Very Happy
johndoe1125
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
^ EDIT: The mixture is actually rosemary and ginger root, forgot to mention the rosemary!
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:58 am      Reply with quote
johndoe1125 wrote:
Hey everyone!

Lately I've been making a pretty strong tea of ginger root and distilled water and putting it into a spray bottle, and spraying it on my scalp.

I was reading up on it and it seems to be a potent anti-inflammatory, so I thought, would there be any benefits to using this on your face? Being careful not to get it in your eyes of course. The only information I can find about ginger for facial care seems to involve using it as a mask.

I also drink this stuff as a tea, but when I make it to drink, I switch out the distilled water for filtered water and don't make it as strong. It's very interesting, not bad at all, it just burns your throat a tiny bit going down.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks :D

Interesting - why spray on head?? The reason I ask is that my Indian friends use pure ginger juice rubbed on their husbands' scalps to stop hair loss. It has worked in 6 out of 7 of them but I have never come across use on facial skin, my instinct is to say it will be too strong, even in a mask.
johndoe1125
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lin, it's for that exact reason, hair loss! Very Happy

I boil a bunch of peeled ginger root and rosemary for about 10 minutes, then cover and let it cool.

Should I be using uncooked juice instead (for hair loss, not a facial mask)? I guess I'd need a blender or something to make that easier? I tried a garlic press but got very little juice.
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:54 am      Reply with quote
johndoe1125 wrote:
Hi Lin, it's for that exact reason, hair loss! :D

I boil a bunch of peeled ginger root and rosemary for about 10 minutes, then cover and let it cool.

Should I be using uncooked juice instead (for hair loss, not a facial mask)? I guess I'd need a blender or something to make that easier? I tried a garlic press but got very little juice.

No boiling! Squeeze fresh ginger juice daily. Most apply at night and leave it in overnight. I would suggest you try a small patch 1st & if there is a warm reaction then it is working. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Good luck, hope it works for you.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:49 am      Reply with quote
No what you are doing is fine - its a herbal remedy you are using and for that you need to usually bring the herb to the boil and then leave the ingredients in there for some 24 hours. Both Rosemary and Ginger are well known health tonics that are often used topically as well as taken in teas etc so this is fine. Although with hair growth, just be aware that you wont see immediate results - as hair growth happens in stages and you are talking months and months.

Some people swear by onion juice because of its high sulphur content. I've also seen/heard people adding sulphur to their hair topicals and having success - but never tried it myself. One thing I do know though is the hair can be changed by things going wrong with thyroid etc. So it may be worthwhile getting your doctor to make sure that's all okay and working well.
johndoe1125 wrote:
Hi Lin, it's for that exact reason, hair loss! Very Happy

johndoe1125
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the help Lin and Theresa, I suppose in addition to boiling just to cover all angles, I could use fresh juice as well. I use a lot anyway so a little more wouldn't hurt.

If I end up getting a blender I will definitely add onion juice to the mix, probably along with garlic, etc.

The funny thing is I got a warm sensation from my original ginger topical like it was increasing circulation, but it only happened maybe once or twice, now it's either rare, or barely noticeable.
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:50 am      Reply with quote
johndoe1125 wrote:

If I end up getting a blender I will definitely add onion juice to the mix, probably along with garlic, etc.

The funny thing is I got a warm sensation from my original ginger topical like it was increasing circulation, but it only happened maybe once or twice, now it's either rare, or barely noticeable.

I would shy away from adding garlic - the smell stays & stays! Don't boil the ginger use it freshly squeezed.
Lin
johndoe1125
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Well, if it was up to me, I would wear garlic perfume, I love the smell and taste of garlic.

Unfortunately other people have noses too Very Happy
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Do these remedies only stop the hair loss, or do they increase new growth as well?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
It's supposed to regrow hair, but just stopping it is already half the battle.
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:09 am      Reply with quote
johndoe1125 wrote:
It's supposed to regrow hair, but just stopping it is already half the battle.

Do keep us updated.
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:29 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Lin1313"]
johndoe1125 wrote:

I would get a juicer rather than a blender - my suggestion.

Lin
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:43 am      Reply with quote
It isn't so strange. Onions aren't all equal across the board and depending on the one you had at the time, it may have had more minerals etc in it. The warmth sensation could be an increase in circulation, but it could also be a stimulation of the scalp area too. Often times my friends who are from India used to giggle as when they would do head massages on us, we all felt warmth on our heads and they were so used to giving/receiving them that they no longer got the warmth but could remember it.
johndoe1125 wrote:
johndoe1125
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Lin1313"]
Lin1313 wrote:
johndoe1125 wrote:

I would get a juicer rather than a blender - my suggestion.

Lin

Well originally I did want a juicer, but I figured that I still want the fiber content of whatever I'm juicing, and the ones that keep the fiber (slow masticating juicers) can be expensive.

I want to get something like the Nutribullet, because that way, I can even mash stuff up to make facial masks. And smoothies still sound pretty appetizing to me rather than juice.

Now as for my topical ginger tea mixture, I have a bit of an update (for my scalp, not my face):

I just refilled my spray bottle with a mixture of ginger and rosemary, however this batch was different; I put in a LOT of ginger when I made it, along with the normal amount of rosemary. Now, when I spray it on my scalp (so far, anyway), I get a really interesting warming/tingling sensation.

I've been doing pretty intense scalp massages for awhile and never experienced anything like this before.

Someone asked to keep everyone updated so I thought I would incase anyone is interested Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |