Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Faceworks by Elaine Bartlett?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lcs

Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I am brand new to this forum as well as to facial exercises. I just started about 4 days ago doing Faceworks by Elaine Bartlett. I found it doing a google search for face exercise. I see that no one is talking about this program on this forum. Is anyone familiar with this? I am so desperate to make changes to my once beautiful face. I hate having my picture taken and I hate looking in the mirror now that I have glasses i can see how old and ugly I have become. I have lost my face completely.....it has fallen and I look so very old. I used to look young for my age. It seemed to happen over night. When out in public I feel like I have to walk around with a big fake smile on my face so that I do not look too scary (mad and old). I pray that face exercises can help me!
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome home lcs. I have not tried these but I will look them up. I can certainly relate to what you are going through, you are not alone. The people here are the best. They will have you looking and feeling better in no time!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi lcs and welcome

I do the faceworks program.I usually do all the mouth and lip exercises and the neck one too.I have been doing them for a good few months and I can really feel my muscles burning on some of them.I am not an expert by any means , I also do a little flex effect now and again and I have the Tua Trend device.

There are a lot of experienced ladies on this forum and Im sure you will be able to start feeling better about your skin if you start implementing a routine.I use retin a a couple of nights a week.I do my facial exercises as I have mentioned.I exfoliate a couple of times a week and I use sunscreen (even when its snowing)

Changes take time to show results unless you have surgery so don t expect too much too soon with Faceworks or any other program.I wish you well and remember we are usually our own worst critics,Im sure you dont look as bad as you think you do.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Thank you rmc7 and Thoughtful!
I had a professional facial about 6 mths ago and was told that I have really great skin. I have light olive skin tone. The esthetician asked me what products I used and I told her only coconut oil for cleansing, toning and moisturizing. She was amazed!
My problem is loose sagging skin around neck, chin, mouth area.....puppet mouth look and looks like I am mad when not smiling....also deep lines between my eyebrows. I have been faithful doing the faceworks for about 9 days now with only one day off. I have also done the facial massage that was mentioned on one of the forums here. I think I am beginning to notice a slight change...I will continue!!
As far as putting any chemicals on my face....NO WAY!! I will stick to only natural oils for now because my skin is very happy. I think I have lost muscle tone and that is what my problem is.
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi, this is my first post. I've purchased Faceworks recently and I'm doing all the exercises five days a week. I've chosen this programme because I'm a complete newbie to facial exercises and I'm a bit scared of the ones using resistance (but I'll probably buy one of such programmes in the future, I'm thinking about CCF). I'm 44, always looked much younger than my age (retin A, vit. C, AHA, supplements, vegetarian, no tanning etc.), but my face gradually loses its firmness.
I like Faceworks, although it's definitely too soon to say if it works (but I'll keep you posted). I love, love, love that the exercise videos are done in real time (she counts slowly and does ALL 5 repetitons, I guess I'm lazy like that, I don't want to break the flow and stop the recording). I like the results and find the creator of those exercises quite convincing - she does not promise miracles and she looks really well.
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
There is no edit button and I forgot to add that the other thing that sold me to Faceworks (beside isometric/isotonic exercises - sorry, I always mix these terms and use them incorrectly) is that I just pay for a membership, got the access to the video exercises and did not have to bother with payng for delivery, DVD formatting etc.
I've also bought a kindle book on Faceworks from Amazon to be sure I do the exercises correctly).
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:48 am      Reply with quote
OK, an update - it's been a month and my skin definitely feels firmer and looks firmer. My eyebags seem a bit more shallow but they are still there. N/L folds - no change yet. Mouth corners lifted a bit. I still have problems with her Cheek Toner Two, despite Elaine's tips. If anybody can do it smoothly, give me a hint here, please Smile.

One month of exercises is too short a time to have vast improvments, but I'm definitely motivated. In the future I plan to do both Faceworks and CFF, if the creators give me green light.
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:39 am      Reply with quote
OK, another update - seems I'm the only one here doing this program. Actually in my opinion this is an ideal program for a beginner who is new to the world of facial exercises and reluctant to touching her/his face. The only problem I see is the amount of time - doing all 12 exercises takes more that 20 minutes (30 minutes at the beginning or when you follow the videos) 5 times a week for three months, then 3 or 4 times a week. Fortunately one can split the exercises, they don't have to be done one after another (although it's probably better this way). Then there are Instant Booster Exercises for busy days, and this program takes half the time.

OK, ad rem - after almost eight weeks my mouth pouches are gone for good! Smooth skin there Smile. Eye hollows shallower, but still there. Cheek apples look definitely better, but nothing spectacular.

That's it for the time being wave .
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Not sure you are the only one doing the program, as the forum is quiet this time of year with the holidays. However, what great news you have. At only a month in this is great and facial exercises need time to deliver their real magic – so at a month in and getting such great results – who knows where you will be in a year’s time. You may not even have to add CFF to your routine. This is why I repeatedly recommended to you to give Faceworks a proper chance. All programs need time to work their magic!

Mouth pouches going so soon is fantastic – some people need at least 6 months before they see that. Plus eye hollows going shallower too is also great. Cheeks are a group of 3 muscles so they need time to change and won’t happen over night but give yourself more time to see what happens!
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I was totally surprised when I looked at my face yesterday and realized I have no pouches. I was so used to them that I do not even know when exactly they disappeared (I do everything I can not to analyze my face too often and too closely). I think that their absence is the result of four really strong mouth exercises in Faceworks - my mouth are really numb when I finish the session). I know that mouth shape is said not to be able to change due to facial exercises, but my upper lip is much fuller than it used to I've heard somewhere that a fuller upper lip (fuller than a lower one, that's it) is a sure sign that fillers were at work, but I swear I've never had any and my upper lip is definitely fuller than the lower one (and both are fuller than they used to be before exercises).

I wonder what the next month brings... I'm still waiting for my baby jowls to react (granted, sometimes I think they look better, but then I look at myself in my dreaded bathroom light and yep, they are still there Mad .
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Well, I bit delayed update Laughing .

I've done Faceworks for a year. I consider it a great toning, firming and very good-for-beginners programme. It helped me to get rid of mouth pouches (completely), made my face firmer, reduced the underbags and (which is wonderful and quite obvious) visibly plumped my lips. It is quite gentle and IMO good for absolute beginners. I however decided that I needed bigger guns (resistance training) and started doing Ageless recently (I wanted to do CFF, I bought the programme... and then I lost the DVD Mad ).
sandymc64

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Hello ladies, I was looking for some information about faceworks...I tried downloading the book to my kindle from several different sites but it said since I live in the USA, I can't do that?? I really just wanted to check out the book instead of paying a monthly fee...any feedback on this would be so helpful....so anxious to try this!!

Thank you,
Sandy
ElaineB

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Sandy go to your own country's Amazon: i.e. the USA one and search for 'Faceworks'. The book will be there Smile
ElaineB

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:30 am      Reply with quote
sandymc64 wrote:
Hello ladies, I was looking for some information about faceworks...I tried downloading the book to my kindle from several different sites but it said since I live in the USA, I can't do that?? I really just wanted to check out the book instead of paying a monthly fee...any - on this would be so helpful....so anxious to try this!!

Thank you,
Sandy

Sandy go to your own country's Amazon first: i.e. the USA one and search for 'Faceworks'. The book will be there for you - it's available worldwide Smile
The link on the Faceworks website takes you to the UK Amazon
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |