Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Maria1234

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I am on day five of the obagi nu derm system..I'm sore and red across my nose and cheeks and peeling all over.... It stings when I put on the products... Is this normal...?
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished peeling from a VI peel and I was given the Clear and Exfoderm, not the whole kit. Then in September I am having another VI peel.
beccachan
5% products discount

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:41 am      Reply with quote
that's good, maybe I should try the same on my scar on the left leg
fa7505
5% products discount

Thu May 15, 2014 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
It has been almost a year since anyone has posted to this thread.

Where have you gone? Do you still use Obagi? It seems as though no one got beyond the red, peely stage to a nice smooth skin. Is this true? I have just started using NuDerm, and wonder if I made the right decision.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:59 am      Reply with quote
tinycat wrote:
Hi! I am new here. I've come across an info from the internet that using Obagi Nu derm system for so long can be unsafe. I honestly never knew this, and as my title read, I've been using the whole system for 2 years. Except for the C serum because any product with Vit C doesn't work well on my skin and I get red bumps/acne from using it.

I don't have severe acne to start with, but I usually get a cystic acne on my forehead and blind pimple on my nose and chin once in a while. I wouldn't stop using the system if they were safe to use forever because when I started using the system, I never got acne anymore. Not even a single pimple in the last 2 years.

But then I found out about it being unsafe if used for a long time and read about others using it for 6 mos only. Now I am worried. I feel like I've used it way too long.

I've read Obagi maintenance posts from this forum, so I started minimizing the use of the system, and alternately used it with basic moisturizer. Unfortunately, seems like every moisturizer I use breaks me out (oil free, lightweight, non comedogenic, even the ones for sensitive skin broke me out)... I've had 2 blind pimple on my nose and chin. So I stopped using moisturizers and went back to the system for now. *sigh* I'm a bit scared to keep looking and try new ones again cos I'm afraid my acne would get worse.

Nobody from my local Obagi warned me about the negative effect so I kept buying. A few days ago after reading so much on the internet, one of the dermatologist was in the clinic, so I asked about it. She said I should switch to ClearFX already. I asked if it's safe to continue the rest of system and just change to clearfx, she said yes.

What do you guys think? Is it really safe to continue using exfoderm, blender+tretinoin and clearfx? Or do you think I should still keep looking for a moisturizer or skin care that I can alternate the system with?

Dr. Obagi came out with a newer upgraded system called ZO Skin Health and Medical grade which promise to be safer.
Uniceb

Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:44 am      Reply with quote
hi everyone am new to obagi. would like to use it but i have my wedding in Sep first week am worried if i do treatment now will my skin be ready for my big day :roll:considering shipping time as am in South africa hope EDS ship to South Africa
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Uniceb wrote:
hi everyone am new to obagi. would like to use it but i have my wedding in Sep first week am worried if i do treatment now will my skin be ready for my big day :roll:considering shipping time as am in South africa hope EDS ship to South Africa

then get strictly ZO Skin Health cleanser, exfoliating polish & sunscreen for now.
Sanj

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:38 am      Reply with quote
It appears not many are using this system anymore. I just bought the 7 step system & feeling buyers remorse. This was recommended by my dermatologist after undergoing a Blue Radiance Peel. After reading more about Obagi I am skeptical (afraid). Seems Hydroquine in this system may cause cancer, may leave your skin scarred, etc. my skin is thin and I have no discoloration (fair skin tone)or scarring so I ask my dermatologist why I would need all of this system - her reply was "it is a system & all steps work together & I should use it." Still have not used anything in the kit - any info re this system would be appreciated. Thanks!
Queeni

Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I just started with Obagi Nu-Derm and on day 9 with peeling around mouth. Brochures say up to 7 weeks for first phase. Will peeling subside around that time? Is the toner and cleanser have any ingredients not found in other cleansers and toners? Any suggestions on how to minimize peeling?
Sanj

Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Queeni wrote:
I just started with Obagi Nu-Derm and on day 9 with peeling around mouth. Brochures say up to 7 weeks for first phase. Will peeling subside around that time? Is the toner and cleanser have any ingredients not found in other cleansers and toners? Any suggestions on how to minimize peeling?

Haven't started with the system yet - only had the Blue Radaince Peel. When peeling began my dermatologist gave me Aveeno Skin Relief and Aquanil HC Lotion; both have worked well. GOOD LUCK! I will start the system after Christmas - will post experience then.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've been on ZO skin health & medical since last June. I used all products prescribed to me and didn't mix with other brands. Up to the first 8 weeks, it was hard. Lots of redness, itchy, feeling hot and peeling. You go through different stages of side effects. After 8 weeks, I found my pores improved, skin is a lot firmer and even skin tone.

I still use it today, and I have no regrets Very Happy
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Queeni wrote:
I just started with Obagi Nu-Derm and on day 9 with peeling around mouth. Brochures say up to 7 weeks for first phase. Will peeling subside around that time?

Skin cycle is six to eight weeks so you will likely peel in each of those cycles but less with each subsequent cycle.

Queeni wrote:
Is the toner and cleanser have any ingredients not found in other cleansers and toners?

The toner can be substituted with diluted apple cider vinegar and witch hazel as the purpose of the Obagi toner is to restore ph balance after cleansing.

Use any mild non oil based cleanser that is preferably ph balanced. Cleanse for a full minute.

Queeni wrote:
Any suggestions on how to minimize peeling?

Peeling is part of the process (although some posters reported they did not peel but maybe they were using a mild regime) so if you minimize peeling, you are also delaying the rejuvenation of your skin.

You can minimize peeling by using less Exfoderm and tretinoin and also by applying a bland moisturizer after all the products have been absorbed.

A microfiber washcloth can help remove peeling skin as well as wiping skim milk on the peeling areas with a cotton pad. Everything should be applied gently so not to damage the new skin.

There are many excellent threads detailing Nu Derm experiences by some very knowledgeable posters so perhaps you would like to read them as well.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Cheryl_C

Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I know of a lady who is in her 40s but look more like early 20s! She shared with me that she is using this system!
IrishPrincessLass

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to try the NuDerm without the Hydrocoine in it I used it a few years back with great results but want something not as harsh so will give this a try

Sat May 16, 2015 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I started Nu Derm (on my own, but a dermatologist did recommend it to me some years back) and I am on my 5th week. I had to stop the process three days ago because I went up to Retin A .1% and it seemed to have burned my chin area. I was peeling in ridiculous amounts and just had to take a couple of days off to regroup. I used a moisturizer because i was so sick of being so dry.

How badly did this pause heed my process? I am not noticing any results so far except some lightening of a major brown spot on my cheek. I am doing this for even skin tone and lightening hyper pigmentation and sun damage. I am feeling discouraged.

Help!

5% products discount

Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on weeks 6 of my Nu Derm Journey. I've taken weekly pictures to keep up with my progress. So far I've experienced the Obagi Uglies, Tomato Face, spot flaking, and blotchies. I've been using both my Foreo Luna and Clarisonic, religiously. I've had biweekly dermaplaning, once the flaking began. At week 5 my derm, as planned, preformed a 30% glycolic peel.

If anyone is interested in seeing my pictures I'm keeping them on Google, just let me know and I'll post a link!

Light Complexion/ Strawberry Blond/ Gray Eyes/ 37 YO/ Shallow Wrinkles/ Sun damage: 1.0 Derma Roller/ Stamp, JeNu, Foreo Luna, Sirius Aurora, PMD, Lady Schick Steamer, Tria ADL, O2 Facials, Dreaming about a Clareblend Mini & Tripollar Stop
RobinBF

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'd be keen to see your pictures. I am likely one of the few men using Obagi Nu Derm for hyperpigmentation and am on on day 7.

I'm glad I'm having a few weeks off work as I'm very pink and dry on the face at the moment but it all looks quite promising. The brown skin has turned light pink so let's hope that goes to the right shade of white!
wkw1203
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing!
RobinBF

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:12 am      Reply with quote
How are you doing now? I'm in week 6. I woke up this morning with what looked like a clear face, I was pleased! Then, as soon as I began the Obagi routine I went red again!

---------------------------------------------

ff731emt wrote:
I'm on weeks 6 of my Nu Derm Journey. I've taken weekly pictures to keep up with my progress. So far I've experienced the Obagi Uglies, Tomato Face, spot flaking, and blotchies. I've been using both my Foreo Luna and Clarisonic, religiously. I've had biweekly dermaplaning, once the flaking began. At week 5 my derm, as planned, preformed a 30% glycolic peel.

If anyone is interested in seeing my pictures I'm keeping them on Google, just let me know and I'll post a link!
BeeSweet

Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Do you feel you could get the same results with just Retin A over a longer period of time? Anyone try it on their chest?
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Have you used nuderm fx? Anybody? I used HQ but I wanted to use H1 free product this timd. But I am not sure they both work same or not
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |