Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Eve Lom Cleanser Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
EVE LOM Cleanser 100ml
Removes all traces of makeup and skin feels soft but smell very strange
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I got a jar from a dear friend of mine who is also a member here.

I like it and would only use it in the winter and maybe the summer. I am starting to realize that you must double cleanse with another cleanser after using a cleansing balm or oil.

I am happy with this, the smell does not bother me, in fact, it smells nice. I don't like I have to wash the muslim cloth when at the end of the day, I am too tired for that extra step.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I tried a few cleaners, and liked them but much prefer Emma Hardie and Sarah Chapman. I seem to recall there was some talk about Eve’s not being good because of petrochems but can’t recall where I heard that (or if I read it). It has a pleasant smell but Emma Hardie’s wins hands down both in consistency, smell and pure delight in using it. Boots have a balm which I’ve heard others say is cheaper and just as good as Eve Lom’s but Emma Hardies is my favourite. Sarah Chapman’s is lovely, it smells and goes on so well and is in sophisticated pump bottle which makes use easy. It is just a lot more expensive.
luckyelaine
5% products discount

Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:30 am      Reply with quote
It is good for me, but the usage is very troublesome.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:57 am      Reply with quote
My absolute favourite cleanser - I find the ritual & the aroma very calming. The results are positive for me (I have oily skin) but overuse has dried me out too much on more than one occasion. Love, love it!

5% products discount

Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have combination skin with blackhead around nose, the cleanser has no effect to my blackhead, and it is expensive and troublesome, maybe I use it in a wrong way? Won't buy again!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Could those posting that its usage is troublesome explain how they are using it? I don't get it.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I laugh because when I think about it I have really strayed from the actual application instructions. I put it to my dry face (I don't wear makeup), begin at the pressure points and draw my fingers across a few times like a little massage. I don't use the flannel because I prefer a soft facecloth but I do breathe in the aroma and press the cloth onto my face. I never get it anywhere near my eyelids or too close to my über sensitive eyes.
I guess I have made the technique my own & that is why I so love this cleanser. It hasn't always been easy to find but I manage to get it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a few cleaners, and liked them but much prefer Emma Hardie and Sarah Chapman.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
kaiqing wrote:
I have combination skin with blackhead around nose, the cleanser has no effect to my blackhead, and it is expensive and troublesome, maybe I use it in a wrong way? Won't buy again!

I don't use it on nightly basis, but I use another cleanser to wash off.

I really can't see any cleanser that is balm or oil that can immediately create problems for the skin. Only from regular use.

I am so lucky to get one as a gift and I cherish the use of it. I don't use it daily, but it is still fantastic when I need extra help.
valmontfan1984
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try it too. I have heard a lot of positive review about it.
luckyelaine
5% products discount

Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Cleanliness is very good Laughing
macyng
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2016 7:23 am      Reply with quote
The review seems good and the price is very reasonable. Will try it soon.
nick850914
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Don't like the product at all, made me have black head Crying or Very sad
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:03 am      Reply with quote
If it left you with blackheads, then its quite possible that not all the oils were removed and thus this created them. With Eve's cleanser and a few of the other hot cloth cleansers, part of the trick to using them is you really have to rinse and get them off with a cloth - so you kind of do a mini exfoliation treatment.

I quite like it, but I have dry skin and I like the smell when I massaged it in. I also like Sarah Chapmans which isn't as oily and waxy in consistency too.
nick850914 wrote:
Don't like the product at all, made me have black head Crying or Very sad
CatIndigo
5% products discount

Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I tried to like it because it sounds so ideal and sensible, and have tried the cleanser on numerous occasions for days at a time. However, I find that after the first few days, my pores would inevitably become clogged. Every time.

I'm fine with the hot water, with the muslin cloth, with the massage - and it certainly gives a glow to the face. BUT, it's that after-three days effect of clogged pores that has made me reject the cleanser.

Instead, I use Ren's Evercalm Cleansing Milk, followed by La Roche Posay's Toleriane Creme Moussante Purifiante with my Clarisonic. [I should note I have very oily skin].

Ren, by the way, as its own Hot Cloth Cleanser, by the name of Rosa Centifolia. I'm fine with it; it has never clogged my pores.

I'd really, really like to love Eve Lom - but, it doesn't work for me!! Crying or Very sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I am using this cleanser. I only use this in summer because I feel dry when I use in winter.

When I use the Valmont renewing pack after this cleanser, acne will appear.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Eve lom cleanser-it is good for removing makeup and smells nice.

I got a 30ml jar last year, used it twice and put it away.
Now, I find I like their product more-but I just use a paper towel to rinse it off,I can not be bothered to clean a washcloth every day.

But I also do not own any of the proper cloths to use with this balm.

I also just ordered the Elemis balm that is supposed to be similar. Hopefully it is nice,I do not have it yet.
juliafreitaslove

Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am a regular user of Eva lom, also researched on that, it has a proven formula and the best-rated cleanser. Normally I tend to wear with high makeup and this cleanser showed me the best results, so I am in loving with Eva lom, one of the members above mentioned that it has a strange fragrance, in fact, it has a beautiful fragrance.
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Must have item. I use it every day.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:52 am      Reply with quote
I didn't think I would ever give up my Eve Lom cleanser but I found an even better one. Its not as thick and heavy but removes make up and smells wonderful. Its the balm by Emma Hardie - and its a balm, but smells gorgeous and melts so easily and isn't drying. I get mine at Space NK but its available online too. She has some interesting youtube videos about skin care and massaging the skin in strokes rather than circles too!
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I was quite a dedicated user of the Eve Lom Balm cleanser until I realise I could be doing more damage than good because I was using hot towels to remove the balm.

I have since changed my routine and using cool/ luke warm water only so I am giving Eve Lom a miss.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |