Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
peaprincess
5% products discount

Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, i should have added that my skin is normal. I have never had dry skin.

I have been using cp serum since 2007, along with Green Cream, which was the best thing ever, until the formula was changed. More recently (a year or two ago) i changed to NCN all trans.
havana8

Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:46 am      Reply with quote
peaprincess wrote:
If it turns out that it hasnt caused the flushing and the increase in red bits i will be very happy as, for the rest of my face, it does even my skin out somehow, whilst bringing it to life. For a while now, i have noticed that my skin looked devoid of life. There was no glow, and it was just...dull. The baby quasar plus has definitely changed that (and I'm not talking about the flushing). My skin now looks alive and healthier. Yesterday, my dh suddenly asked me "do you think you look younger?" It was a bit of a leading question. I thought he was going to add, "because you don't!" To my surprise, he said he thought my bqp must be working as i do look younger somehow. He couldn't say why, though. His comment came completely out of the blue and took me by surprise.

I am forty-seven. My skin seems to look good compared to some at my age but close up it is a riot of uneven pigment and very fine wrinkles. If it can get some life back i will be very happy, but only if the red patches are unrelated.

That's fantastic, peaprincess. I remember reading a study http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6393821#6393821 a few years ago that concluded that an uneven skin tone ages us more than wrinkles so perhaps it's the creamy, even complexion that your husband has noticed. Smile
peaprincess
5% products discount

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks havana8!

And maybe brown patches count in a worse way than a few small red bits!
Laughing
Quasar Bio-Tech

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Peaprincess,

The Baby Quasar PLUS is a very powerful skin care tool. Some users may be more sensitive to light treatments than others. My recommendation is to back off on your treatments a bit. Perhaps 2 to 3 treatments per week instead of 5.

Either way, I am happy to hear that you are having great results!

peaprincess wrote:
Since using it, at first i noticed my skin was nuch more uniform and creamy in colour. I can't figure out why, as my melasma itself doesn't seem to have faded (not that i would have expected that so soon).

At the end of the first week i noticed my skin felt a bit tight and dry. It doesnt look dry or feel dry to the touch. I backed off and am using it for a single session (18 minutes) on five days per week. However, this week i have noticed every day that my cheeks and nose feel burning hot in the afternoon and evenings (like blushing or drinking too much wine) and I'm thinking it has to be the bqp. This doesn't seem to make sense, as almost everything I have read about led lights says the opposite in relation to redness.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I found that 1-2 times a week was best for me. When I tried it every day my skin started to dry out.
I also use a light serum, aloe vera or HA on my skin. I cannot do it without anything on it and fresh clean skin, it gets too dry.
I don't know if it has to be completely clean? That might be a good one for Alex to answer for me once and for all.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
The Baby Quasar PLUS is a very powerful skin care tool. Some users may be more sensitive to light treatments than others. My recommendation is to back off on your treatments a bit. Perhaps 2 to 3 treatments per week instead of 5.

Thanks for your comments Quasar Bio-Tech. I'm thinking that it should be clearly stated in the instruction manual that new users should start off slowly and increase time/tolerance as they monitor any reaction. My manual clearly says to use the BQP for five days per week, with double treatments every day if so wished.

Some people may assume that if they don't perform the maximum number of treatments, they may not get the results they want!
peaprincess
5% products discount

Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Annie R, thank you for your comments. I think that's a really good approach.

I haven't used my bqp for five days now (willpower!) and today is the first day my red spots have appeared fainter. After seven days I'll go back to the bqp and see if there is any reaction to it. I hope there won't be, as I do think it's great.

Also, since the very first day I took a break from my bqp my face hasn't flushed at all, so I'm really really hoping it won't happen again when I start back. Again, I'll report back.

Good news: I forgot to say in my long and rambling previous post that since using my Baby Quasar Plus, I haven't used any Easy Eye Solutions under my eyes and I have been happy leaving the house without it for the first time in over a year (and I have tried!) I don't know whether this is due to the Bqp but it happened after a few sessions and, trust me, nothing has made me feel this good about the skin texture under my eyes for years. The skin looks rejuvenated, sort of more supple and glowy. Whatever the reason, I am happy. I will report back when I am more certain of the reasons, but right now I really think it must be the bqp. It's the only variable that has changed.
RSBeautyQ

Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:11 am      Reply with quote
It’s good to hear peaprincess that your Baby Quasar Plus has given your skin a glow and had some positive effects so far. I'm a long term user of Quasar devices, reluctantly now in my 66th year. I started with the standard old model Baby Quasar around 4 years back. After a few weeks the lines above my mouth weren't as bad and my crow’s feet did look a bit diminished. The greatest short term effect strangely enough was fading the age spots on my hands, something that worried me a lot at the time. Even my Son noticed the difference.

After persistent use I started to look a younger looking 60 something and have wished I had stumbled upon Baby Quasar much earlier in life had red light therapy devices like Quasars been around back then. The Baby Quasar is one of the rare anti aging skin care gadgets I have stuck with over the years, because it really does work. London dental face lift gizmos, tua viso and the rest have made it permanently into my dressing table drawer.

When Quasar MD Plus was released last December I just had to have one. I had delayed buying the standard Quasar MD model because I was so satisfied with my BabyQ and wondered it would deliver much better results. Well the Quasar MD Plus has not disappointed and lives up to its 50% stronger claim. The larger treatment head and enhanced power have helped keep my lines from deepening as I approach the big 70. I do take additional supplements but can't imagine they make that big a difference to my skin.

The light produces a gentle warming glow and treatments are actually therapeutic whilst watching TV or listening to the radio. One further word of advice, I bought my first Quasar and Quasar MD Plus from the official UK webstore Babyquasar.co.uk they are incredibly no more expensive than other shops, you get a 60 day trial, five year warranty and dedicated phone support. I had a minor problem with my Baby Quasar power adaptor and because it was under warranty they just sent me a replacement through the post in no time. No long delay or hassle getting my Baby Quasar on the road again! You will be surprised what a difference Quasar MD Plus can make even if you start out using it a bit older like me.
Quasar Bio-Tech

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Annie,

Good question. Using the light with product is completely acceptable, although not necessary. There are those who tend to be more sensitive to light therapy and require a moisturizer. We recommend an aloe vera or HA exactly as Annie mentioned. The trick is to use a light serum that easily emulsifies into your skin without blocking the light from penetrating. Myself, I prefer to use the light immediately after steaming my face. I then apply HA afterwards to keep my skin moisturized. There are no exact guidelines as everyones routine is different. These are however good general guidelines.

AnnieR wrote:
I found that 1-2 times a week was best for me. When I tried it every day my skin started to dry out.
I also use a light serum, aloe vera or HA on my skin. I cannot do it without anything on it and fresh clean skin, it gets too dry.
I don't know if it has to be completely clean? That might be a good one for Alex to answer for me once and for all.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. I also tend to get lazy and don't always feel like cleaning my face again if it has been a few hours. Smile
That reply makes my laziness validated!

5% products discount

Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
RSBeautyQ...it's good to hear you have had success.

I'm about to go back to my BQP after a week's break (but slowly!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Another question, do the led lights get weaker with time?

5% products discount

Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Baby Quasar is work for me
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:12 am      Reply with quote
What? Do you mean work to use or it works for you? Not clear on that post at all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried theQuasar md plus? I purports to be 50 times stronger than the baby, and 25 stronger than the old md plus. Is it worth the huge financial outlay? Is it really effective?
I currently use Christine Bayers suggestion - plant lightbox, and also a pretika wand redlight gadget that i bought years ago. I cant say I see any results from either but use them from time to time. I do have a lot of beauty gizmos already including reaura, face master microcurrent, pmd (maybe once every 3-4 months. I also have fillers and botox. Is it worth adding the quasar md plus to this?
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I'm also curious about the quasar MD Plus.. does anyone know how this compares to the Antiaging Lightstim??
Quasar Bio-Tech

Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:39 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Another question, do the led lights get weaker with time?

Annie,

The LEDs have 10,000 hour usage life expectancy and will not loose there there effectiveness. We have in the past offered a 5 year warranty on each Quasar so we are happy to fix or replace any device that has had a bulb go out. We have recently upgraded our warranty to lifetime.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I have not had any lights go out, of which I am grateful. I have had to replace the power pack but I had been unable to locate a customer service number o website for you so I purchased it thru EDS her and it was a reasonable price. That fixed the problem.
I just wasn't sure if they can get dimmer with time. So I guess rather than "dim" they just go out?
The hubby asked me and I had never thought about that!

Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
my friends use it,and i also want to buy it. Cool Crying or Very sad save money
peaprincess
5% products discount

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to update on my Baby Quasar Plus experience, as I had posted here a few weeks ago about it and whether it was connected to a bunch of weird red spots/patches/veins that I got.

Having laid off for over a week, the red things (they are like little patches of raised veins that look like pimples until you look really close up) got much better and now the skin is no longer raised in that area. If I look closely I can see the red bits but they are like tiny patches of capillaries under the skin. I'm not really bothered about them now, as they aren't bumpy any more. It would still be nice to know what had caused them but we can't have everything!

I think, also, that my skin has adjusted to it, as I no longer get the flushing I did at the beginning, and my skin doesn't feel dry either.

I don't think the BQP had anything to do with the red-patch problem. I think them getting worse when I first used it was a coincidence, and the fact that they disappeared when I stopped was also a coincidence. They had started to appear even before I used the BQ, after all. And I've been using it daily (since abstaining) for two weeks with no worsening of them.

I love this gadget! Although I can't say it has made any lines disappear, or improved any saggy areas (but I wouldn't have expected that in such a short time, if ever)it has given my skin this incredible soft focus effect. Honestly, it's true! I started noticing it almost straight away, which is why I was a bit dismayed to think it may also have been giving me side effects, and I'm still seeing the same thing a few weeks later: much more even skin tone, in colour and texture.

The best way to describe what the BQP has done for my skin so far is to say it has brought my skin back to life.

I'll keep using it and update again in a few weeks.
mrss.w

Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
AM REALLY INTERESTED IN LIGHT THERAPYLOVE TO TRY BUT COULDNT IT BE CHEAPER?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:56 am      Reply with quote
It does make all the products sink in better too.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I love mine, had it since 2008!

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the Pro Quasar 4 weeks ago, and using the recommended treatment times of 12 min, once a week on my face,I am seeing very noticeable improvement. I have 57 year old skin, and it does take months to rebuild collagen in skin my age, but i am enjoying the results of clearer plumped up skin already. I also used ultrasound for penetration of the Glymed Plus products, stem cell serum, diamond bright, and wrinkle remedy I can download pics in the future,once I figure that out, lol, and I am very pleased so far
Very Happy
snookydoops
5% products discount

Thu May 25, 2017 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I just asked about the Baby Quasar MD Plus and the Pure Rayz which is so much cheaper. They told me that their products have the following technical specifications...

Device / LEDs / wave lengths / light output / Watts
Baby Quasar 24.3mm / 610nm, 630nm, 660nm, 850nm / 65mw'cm2 / 12
MD Plus 24.5mm / 610nm, 630nm, 660nm, 850nm / 65mw/cm2 / 12
Pure Rayz / 50.5mm / 610nm, 630nm, 660nm, 850nm / 65/mw/cm2 / 12

The casing aside, which they say on their site is the difference (PR is plastic, BQMDP is aluminium), does it really mean that their device that costs £160 has TWICE the treatment size of exactly the same output for 1/3 of the cost (£450 - both items are currently on sale in the UK)?

Also, what is the nearest competitor? They reference them on their site saying they are four times stronger than their nearest competitor.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |