Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Decleor Essential Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Ciboulette
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Love the balm. Use it in night and the next day, the skin of face is soft without oily
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I spent two years, and it is to help purify the skin detoxification, I will always use

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:40 am      Reply with quote
It is very suitable for the dry skin!
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Basil essential oil is what gives out that rather strong smell..

Nelly4 wrote:
The scent is very strong but I think I will get used to it. I wouldn't say that it smells gorgeous or anything.

I used it last night for the first time and my skin definitely felt better this morning. It felt smoother and fresher. I can't wait to use it again tonight. Hoping to get some good results from this one.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
In the decleor line, Neroli is for mature skin, can be used day and night before Gel Prolagene and a moisturizer . Baume Essentiel is for all skin types to be used at night after the oil of your choice, such as Neroli. It can also be used on its own as a massage medium.

The initial offering by Decleor was only three oils: Angelique, Nerol and Ylang Ylang. There was only one "balm" being Baume Essentiel.

Things changed after L'oreal bought the brand and enlarged the range, but not necessarily made it better.

laylastam wrote:
i've been looking for a good night cream, so after reading these posts, i might try it.

also, what is the purpose of the neroli oil? and when do u use it?

thanks
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
In Decleor, if you are looking for something to calm the skin, it's the line called Harmonie Calm. Used to be called Harmonie Essentiel in the old format.

The Rose d' orient oil is good for sensitive skin if you would like to add a oil to your route.

gailbaby wrote:
Does anyone use this to soothe the skin when also using retinol products? I need something calming and healing for the off days.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Dec- le - or

skim wrote:
Random question, but how do you pronounce Decleor?
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
In a way, yes. Because the balm needs to seep through the contents in your pores (such as trapped sebum in the form of blackheads or whiteheads) and this takes time. This is best done during your sleep and you just let the balm works itself into the pores to clean them. Hence it's called oxygenating/ purifying in the training manual.

reking wrote:
Must the Decleor Essential Night Balm be applied only at night just before going to sleep? Does sleeping help to activate it or something?
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
It won't all be absorbed because it is a balm/ wax. If the residue is unpleasant to you, let it work for half an hour before bed, then blot off the excess with a tissue by pressing, not rubbing.

reking wrote:
So how long do we have to leave it on our faces before it is fully absorbed?
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wink

All creams/ balms/ lotions product work better if brought to body temperature before applying. This including cleansing milks.

Chloelee wrote:
Never knew it should be warmed up in the palm before appllied to face. Will try tonight.

Thanks for sharing Very Happy
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Excellent to hear! I recommend this for any body who feels like a "detoxing" effect on their skin once/ twice a week.

bondgirl wrote:
I have to say it is one of my favourite products in Decleor. At first I was not impressed with the smell of Essential balm. Actually it grows on you: the more you use it the better acquainted with it you become. And the beauty: it is 100% natural. It would be beneficial for those who are new to this brand to watch a video on QVC on how to use the product Idea . And remember :you only need a small amount-a little goes a long way.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |