Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Yola4
5% products discount

Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Hi Lonnie,
Pretty much everything that changes as you age, including the parentheses you describe, are due to the mid face sagging. Please try to do all the Day 1 exercises. You can do them as often as you like, but don't try to do the Day 2 exercises more than twice per week.

It's important not to focus on any single Day 1 exercise, the rope-like muscles all need to be firm to maintain a taut control of the flesh.

All best, loulou 👸🏿

Thanks for responding! I'll do what you suggested! Smile
ballerina
5% products discount

Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Dear Yola, hope you are going well. Have you tried using the massage exercises in the second Ageless book? It made a big difference to my creases. It's not on the site right now, but if you ask loulou or steve they will let you have one xxx
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks ballerina 💃🏽

Just so everyone knows. The massage book and DVD are available on the site now... [url]Agelessifyoudare.org[/url]

This package is for people with 6+ weeks experience of the Ageless easy ten programme!

All best, loulou 👸🏻

Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I'm confused,
I purchased programme around 3 months ago
Is this a different programme? set of exercises?
I have been religiously doing wk 1 set of exercises twice a wk and wk 2 once a wk
However couldn't say I am noticing much improvement if any.
Would it be wise to up the reps to more than 20 of each?
I have been sticking to 3 times a wk as keep hearing to not overdo things and most important to rest inbetween days?
On top of the exercises I also do the massage / pulling the skin.
bobo1

Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Thought I should add to my message, that not all is negative of course
as mentioned previously I do notice my eyes appear wider. My face feels more alive as if it is definently being worked out, skin looks nice, thicker. No fears on pulling skin.
Just my problem area is lower face I am hoping to see more difference. But still the same sagging.
I guess it could take time
I will keep trying. Perhaps upping the reps and also I feel lying down doing these exercises feels nicer for me
How about combining exercises from other programmes, would this be frowned upon? not recommended? There are a couple exercise I struggle with.
bobo1

Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:54 am      Reply with quote
Shhh.....listen..
Can you hear the tumbleweed? Rolling Eyes
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Try uping the reps and see what results you get. That's the best way to test things out for yourself and then you will know.

Lower face does seem to take some time for people (myself included) but I know that I have to hit my lower face with other exercises too. Ageless on its own wasn't enough for my lower face and it really was visible in the mirror. Just my two cents!
bobo1 wrote:
Thought I should add to my message, that not all is negative of course
as mentioned previously I do notice my eyes appear wider. My face feels more alive as if it is definently being worked out, skin looks nice, thicker. No fears on pulling skin.
Just my problem area is lower face I am hoping to see more difference. But still the same sagging.
I guess it could take time
I will keep trying. Perhaps upping the reps and also I feel lying down doing these exercises feels nicer for me
How about combining exercises from other programmes, would this be frowned upon? not recommended? There are a couple exercise I struggle with.
Yola4
5% products discount

Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Ballerina,
Ughhh you mean I have to buy something else? Lol... Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it! I will give it 6 weeks and then try it out!
I have been having issues with the first Ageless purchase but it's just technical saving issues on my end. My phone is not allowing me to save it...frustrating!!

TheresaMary,
May I ask what other exercises you are doing for the lower face? Flex effect? I really need to become more disciplined with this stuff, but unfortunately right now I have several chronic health issues which are getting the best of me. I just don't want to look on the outside the way I feel on the inside...
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Well you have to put things into perspective. I am in my late 60’s now, and have done facial exercises for well over 10 plus years and then some, so to know which exercises I am doing may not help you out exactly because I have done a multitude of programs. I don’t follow one program entirely but combine the best elements of each one I have done for my own face that gives me results. Plus you got to think about things like hormones, health and bone too! These are all factors involved in aging. I do use Flexeffect and Facial Magic and some Facercise (nose shortener for example) plus other things too. Yet I started out following each program individually and so took the best of what worked for my face, but that may not work for you.
Yola4 wrote:
TheresaMary,
May I ask what other exercises you are doing for the lower face? Flex effect? I really need to become more disciplined with this stuff, but unfortunately right now I have several chronic health issues which are getting the best of me. I just don't want to look on the outside the way I feel on the inside...
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:40 am      Reply with quote
These are from a year ago.

And now

THIS IS after doing ageless, and I see my cheeks skinnier and more lines with and without smiling, especially on my right side. Should I stop? IM WORRIED!
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:52 am      Reply with quote
This is my very first post. Very Happy I just purchased Ageless if You Dare! I need to download it and get busy. I really hope it helps. I am 59 and have terrible nasolabial folds/marionette lines. I recently spent (wasted) $2100 on Voluma. This was my 1st cosmetic treatment ever, and my doc suggested Voluma to reduce nasolabial folds/marionette lines by lifting and adding volume to my cheek area. It had zero effect on those folds and lines. It was a one-time gift from my husband, so I am really disappointed (and mad) that it had no effect. I can think of 100 things that my family could have used that money for and I feel very guilty about it . It was a very expensive lesson. Live and learn I guess. I am hoping to get some improvement from Ageless. I also just started dermarolling. I am hoping that at some time in the future I will be able to purchase Quasar Light too.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
hi mammaherrera
In my experience someone will not look more drawn after doing the Ageless program than they were before

except for the period when you are recovering from the exercise and rebuilding the tissue.

Try leaving your face alone for three weeks so that it can recover from the after effects of exercise. You don't expect to be your liveliest the day after a marathon. Likewise you don't see the results of your work until the muscle has had time to rebuild.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Mammaherrera from memory you were also doing Tom Haggerty's program too - and so maybe if you were doing both together you could have overworked the muscles.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Theresa Mary Smile

Mammaherrera,

if you overtrain you will look worn out for a time until your face has time to recover. The Ageless exercises are very intensive, which is why you only need to do them once or twice a week. Your skin will rebuild and show the fruits of your input in a week or two.

After that I recommend that you cut down drastically on the amount of work you're doing and while of course you're entitled to use whatever extra work you want I can't advise when you add exercises to the Ageless program.

All best, loulou

5% products discount

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
mammaherrera

It's so NOT COOL to do other programs and then claim Ageless has done something negative to your face. If you don't do the Crush exercise ( which later additions leave out anyway ) none of the Ageless exercises do anything that would make the face thinner.

On the other hand... yola i agree that it gets expensive buying the massage book, especially when the original book was only $10!

Also we thought that the first Ageless book was complete in itself, and it's a bit irritating to have to buy something extra.

But it is a good program, and I Spose everyone wants to make a buck. I look a lot better since I started doing it without much downtime at all Smile

BALLERINA
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ballerina,
Many thanks for your good feedback on the Ageless programme.

About the massage book. It's an option for people who like to follow a precise set of exercises, but the massage chapter in the basic Ageless book offers guidelines for how to massage, and the DVD that comes with it has a demonstration for how to massage.

The massage book isn't a necessity 😎

Loulou x

5% products discount

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I just downloaded the dvd and attempted the first 10 exercises for the very first time. Wow, my facial muscles are out of shape! I am trying to mimic the facial expressions in the dvd, but I don't have enough control to move my muscles up to the center of my eye, up and out to my temples and straight out to the sides of my face in order to accomplish those first few exercises. I think I am going to need lots of practice, but it looks like it is going to be a lot of fun.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Belle 😊

Congratulations on taking the plunge!

Your face will begin to lift whether you can feel the muscle or not.

It's usual not to feel every muscle straight away. Some of them are very weak from lack of use, which is what's caused your face to sag in the first place, so don't feel like you're the only one.

Just doing the exercises as best you can will strengthen even the muscles you can't feel.You'll be amazed how quickly the facial muscles will respond.

All best,😘
Loulou

5% products discount

Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the encouragement Loulou. I think the exercises are fun and it doesn't take very long which is a real plus. I know I will eventually feels those muscles move (upward Smile
Yola4
5% products discount

Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:17 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,
I hope everyone is having a happy holiday season!

Ballerina,
Yes, it does get expensive! But it's worth it for sure. I can tell Loulou is dedicated and puts a lot of time and energy into it and she always answers my questions. Thank you for telling me about the massages. I actually got the massage exercises and corresponding DVD with my ageless exercise program because of a time delay in getting my ebook. Which was probably just due to a time difference. But thanks for bringing that to my attention. My ebook does contain Crush though so I wonder if it's not the newest edition? The notes do warn you about the effects of the exercise though. Either way I'm getting results pretty quickly.

Theresamary,
I'm 33 years old. I had to start young because like you mentioned, our health can majorly effect our skin. And yes, I guess what works well for one person may not be a favorite for someone else. I'm just looking for an alternate for se*y beast. Hmmm...it wouldn't allow me to write out that word. Perhaps I will look into other programs later on in my facial exercising journey.

Mammaherrera,
I too have experienced side effects like hollow cheeks. If it really bothers you, rest your face for awhile and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Loulou,
Hi again! My biggest concern after reading the whole ebook twice and doing the exercises for 10 days is timeframe. I know it may differ depending on side effects ect. But I'm assuming we can carry on through the side effects. I plan on doing the exercises for one month on then one month off. In the ebook it says to do it that way if you want serene progression. But I just saw that you said doing them once or twice a week is sufficient. There's some confusion regarding this. Is it okay if I do the exercises 30 days straight-no breaks-push through regardless of side effects and then rest 30 days? Even though I have experienced some side effects, I am already experiencing stronger and thicker skin. And my facial posture has changed in only 10 days. TIA
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I am also confused about how often to do the exercises and whether to do the massage before completing the exercises for 6 weeks. I have both the 2nd and 3rd editions of Ageless and the schedules to follow are very different. It seems that the current website is favoring waiting 6 weeks to do the massage, but the 3rd edition incorporates the massage from the beginning. Which should I do? Also, when should I be letting my skin rest completely and for how long (with no exercise at all)? One more thing, I believe I also read a post saying not to do the day 2 exercises more than twice a week. Does this apply to everyone?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Lou will probably be along in a moment to answer but I figure I could share my views. There is difference between 2nd and 3rd edition, but Lou keeps refining things to get faster results – so following 3rd edition is going to be a faster way of getting results. Its not that 2nd edition was wrong – it isn’t, it does work but Lou’s clients constantly are looking for faster results (can’t figure why LOL). So 3rd edition is probably fastest way of getting results. With massage – I think these are only recommendations as if you can imagine, starting out exercising your face is quite a mission in itself – and then to try to encourage people to do massage as well is a nightmare. It took me ages to agree to massage but when I did I saw results very quickly and wondered why I had put it off so long. Now with rest – it’s a hard one to answer because everyone is different and we are all leading busy lives. Your face should be your guide here. I think at least 2 days of no exercises or massage is a good thing to do (and is what FlexEffect recommends). During those 2 days of down time your body works to repair and grow stronger.

So its really up to you when to incorporate massage – but if you are feeling confident with exercises then starting to incorporate it now isn’t going to do any harm. However if you are fearful or don’t know about handling the skin and want to wait 6 weeks – you can do that too. No biggie.
BellesBeautyShop wrote:
I am also confused about how often to do the exercises and whether to do the massage before completing the exercises for 6 weeks. I have both the 2nd and 3rd editions of Ageless and the schedules to follow are very different. It seems that the current website is favoring waiting 6 weeks to do the massage, but the 3rd edition incorporates the massage from the beginning. Which should I do? Also, when should I be letting my skin rest completely and for how long (with no exercise at all)? One more thing, I believe I also read a post saying not to do the day 2 exercises more than twice a week. Does this apply to everyone?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:25 am      Reply with quote
I wish I had started when I was younger, but waited till I turned 50 but saying that I have felt like I got more results as I had a lot more to undo (so to speak). However, I’m very happy with how I look now and often get mistaken for 20 years younger than my actual age!
Yola4 wrote:
Theresamary,
I'm 33 years old. I had to start young because like you mentioned, our health can majorly effect our skin. And yes, I guess what works well for one person may not be a favorite for someone else. I'm just looking for an alternate for se*y beast. Hmmm...it wouldn't allow me to write out that word. Perhaps I will look into other programs later on in my facial exercising journey.
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Thank you. It is all making sense now.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:02 am      Reply with quote
If you reread the book you will see that the more downtime you have the better your results so doing 2 consecutive days of rest (at least) will help big time. You may find that you need more or less depending on how quickly your muscles respond.

In relation to 3rd edition – I’m not sure what mine is but it may not be the same as I bought it some time ago. Why don’t you email Lou or her office and they will sort out the confusion for you?[quote="BellesBeautyShop"]
TheresaMary wrote:
Thank you TheresaMary. Should I rest for two consecutive days, or spread the two days out? Also do you recommend a rest of 2 days per week?
Back to Edition 3 - Unless I am reading the book incorrectly, day 3 is a massage day, as is day 4 and the only day of rest is day 5 (out of 21 days). I am okay with this schedule for the best result, as long as I am reading it correctly. I'm so confused. Any help appreciated.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |